Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years”

Started by Keyes, Jun 06, 2011, 03:57:18 PM

Author
Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years” (Read 40,309 times)

Master

It`s not that I really care if in new film the previous ones are mentioned or not. But my whole life I was waiting for Predator 3 that will show things, Harrigan predicted at the end of P2. "Don`t worry asshole, you`ll get your chance." This should be theme for another film. And to freash things up, set it on the dessert.

You know, Master, I actually LIKE talking to you. Wanna know why? Cause you're not elitist and you don't try to slam down people for differing opinions.  ;D

Same here mate, Cheers  ;)

jimmylace

The anti-Predators sentiment on this site doesn't exactly reflect wider opinion. Look on imdb.com and you can see that Predators is the highest-rated sequel on there:

Predator 7.8/10
Predators 6.5/10
Predator 2 6.0/10

AvP 5.4/10
AvPR 4.8/10

This is why it simply does not make sense for FOX not to get a sequel going... I'm not even sure if most fans would want Arnold in a new movie. A sequel to Predators can go in some new directions - the homeplanet, Predator cities, elaborate on the warring between the Predator and the BSP predators...

John Davis is a raving moron.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: jimmylace on Jun 08, 2011, 10:59:21 PM
The anti-Predators sentiment on this site doesn't exactly reflect wider opinion. Look on imdb.com and you can see that Predators is the highest-rated sequel on there

What Anti-PREDATORS sentiment? From what I've seen, this site is Pro-PREDATORS. I'm just one of the few here who disliked this movie.

Rule of thumb, I think for here, and of course personally my own is to pretty much never trust what IMDB says.

I could argue that so many things on the PREDATORS page there are inaccurate, especially in the FAQs and Trivia. I heard that sometime ago that Berserker's jaw bone on his mask belonged to a Xenomorph. Didn't they want to get away from AvP? Then why would that statement be there in the FAQs and Trivia?

Anybody can edit anything (provided you give IMDB your credit card), makes IMDB in my book, an unreliable and untrustworthy site.

Quote from: jimmylace on Jun 08, 2011, 10:59:21 PM
A sequel to Predators can go in some new directions - the homeplanet, Predator cities, elaborate on the warring between the Predator and the BSP predators...

John Davis is a raving moron.

We've seen the Predator homeworld in AvP-R. There is no need to visit that homeworld again, because that might do more harm than good. Especially, if it's Rodriguez driving the story there. Ugh... the tenacity that ....man... had when he had written his 1994 script with the planet being the Predator homeworld and introducing the Predator King is just... No..

We were promised an elaboration as to WHY the Originals and the BSPs were supposed to be warring in PREDATORS, but that promise was not held up as you can see. The closest thing we had to an elaboration was an implication that the BSPs were Bad Bloods, and this is pretty much given more weight IF, and this is a BIG IF, you consider the Crucified Predator animated short on the DVD and Blu-ray canon.

-Rakai'Thwei

walker31

First of all, this man is an idiot (John Davis).  I find it ironic that he sites Fast Five as his example.  The fast and the furious came out in 2001., so in 10 years we got 5 movies, with only 2 years between the last 2!?  With hints of another one at the end of Fast Five.   THats his idea of leaving a franchise alone?  I dont want to wait another 20 years for another Predator movie!!!!  That pisses me off that they will blow money on crap like the new penguin movie coming with Jim carrey, but wont make a quality Predator movie knowing there is a fanbase out here.  Predators, in my opinion, didnt come close to the standard, or the tagline...fear is reborn, no it wasnt!  WHy, why is it too much to ask for a good Predator movie?  We can have five race car movies, all pretty much the same crap, different cars, but God forbid we make more Predator or Aliens!!

skull-splitter

can someone PM me contact info of Fox agents, because I think I can pitch better than this and actually sell it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

He also acts like if Predators was a bad film and that a reboot is needed.

Master

Not bad maybe, but it Was medicore.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 11, 2011, 05:20:18 AM

For once I don't feel like the god damn black sheep on this forum.

-Rakai'Thwei

chrisr232007

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 11, 2011, 06:30:44 AM
Quote from: Master on Jun 11, 2011, 05:20:18 AM

For once I don't feel like the god damn black sheep on this forum.

-Rakai'Thwei

I agree which to me it was better than the AVP movies slightly but no where close to Pred 1 or even Pred 2.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Jun 11, 2011, 06:46:16 AM
I agree which to me it was better than the AVP movies slightly but no where close to Pred 1 or even Pred 2.

I disagree with you on one part of that statement. Not gonna say which but... I just didn't like this movie. At all.

I gave it a chance, but still...

-Rakai'Thwei

chrisr232007

Well thats cool I just think it was ok but could have been much more than what we got.  I dont think RR should make another one.  Just a side note I didnt hate AVP which was better than AVP-R which was just down right bad to me.

RakaiThwei

For a moment, I thought you were gonna go all Romper Stomper on me for my opinion.

I personally enjoyed the all the previous films which have come before PREDATORS, but PREDATORS just... it just pissed me off on so many levels. Now, I'm easily entertained but this movie just... I just didn't agree with it, and I don't think Robert Rodriguez was the right man for the job. At all whatsoever.

-Rakai'Thwei

chrisr232007

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 11, 2011, 06:59:06 AM
For a moment, I thought you were gonna go all Romper Stomper on me for my opinion.

I personally enjoyed the all the previous films which have come before PREDATORS, but PREDATORS just... it just pissed me off on so many levels. Now, I'm easily entertained but this movie just... I just didn't agree with it, and I don't think Robert Rodriguez was the right man for the job. At all whatsoever.

-Rakai'Thwei

Hey everyone has a opinion which i respect that and we do both agree that RR should put his hands on any more films that deal with preds which Im not a big fan of his style of movies besides Sin City which that was just a fun popcorn flick to me.

Darkbladepred2.0

First off, John Davis has never made wise decisions. Secondly, as much as I enjoyed Predators, I have nothing but fear for what RR would do next with the franchise. I feel like Predators stayed grounded because of Antal. I have huge respect for RR, and love pretty much all of his films, but that 1994 script scares the hell out of me.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Just because Jon Davis says the franchise needs to rest really doesn't mean jack shit in the end. If Fox wants to make another one, they will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed