Madame Tussauds: Alien Escape (London).

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 28, 2017, 10:07:46 AM

Author
Madame Tussauds: Alien Escape (London). (Read 16,630 times)

Corporal Hicks

I cannot wait for this! I'm still curious to know exactly what it's going to be like! I'm holding out a little hope on it being similar to Alien War but I'll be just as happy to see some really cool Aliens in person.

Fatboy40

I'm expecting free entry when I present my Alien War card!

DatBoi

DatBoi

So by completely ignoring the Necrom works of H.R Giger, Ridley Scott used them as inspiration to redesign the Alien?

What a f**king cop out.

I like the changes but am true to the original Alien   :)

StrangeShape

This is great, wouldve been awesome if they could bring this to New York tho!

Corporal Hicks

Is there a Madam Tussauds in NY? Maybe they'll tour it.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2017, 02:03:11 PM
Is there a Madam Tussauds in NY? Maybe they'll tour it.

Yes, they have 24 locations across America, Europe, Asia, and one in Australia.

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully they'll tour the exhibit in that case!

We do have an opening date though! 15th of July!  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/officialmadametussaudslondon/photos/a.391708250697.168650.360478850697/10154796865890698/?type=3&theater

Dachande

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 28, 2017, 07:37:40 AM
Hopefully they'll tour the exhibit in that case!

We do have an opening date though! 15th of July!  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/officialmadametussaudslondon/photos/a.391708250697.168650.360478850697/10154796865890698/?type=3&theater

Lemme know when you're going, im actually off that week!

Corporal Hicks

Has RidgeTop messaged you?

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So myself, RidgeTop, Xenomorphine and HuDaFuk were able to attend the press unveiling yesterday. It's definitely in the vein of Alien War but not quite the same thing.

You're led through locations from Alien: Covenant (the ship, the lander, the Necropolis) by actors in Covenant garb. You're not chased by anybody in Alien suits because it's more about the actual waxworks (which are awesome btw). The sets were really cool too. Very faithful.

If I had any real complaints, they would just be that it was a little too short and I would have liked the chance to get some snaps with more of the waxworks. I'm going to be asking about that though.

We're planning on attending again too. Really enjoyed it. We'll be recording a podcast on it (an honest to God in-person one too!) and I'll be writing up a page on the event to go on the website too.

Here I am, trapped in the cryotube.  :P

Some more pictures -

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Was going to upload some of my snaps but doesn't look like I have anything worthwhile that Hicks doesn't already!

The Walter waxwork looked really good. The maze was decent but disappointingly short - think of it as a little side-show while you're in the... what do you call a waxwork lookalike place? A waxery? ...rather than a stand-alone attraction in its own right. Was also really hoping there'd be some people in Alien suits jumping out at us but sadly it was just animatronics (and fairly tame ones at that). The sets were great though and what Aliens there were looked really nice.

We were told we could have a second go round without the actors and whatnot rushing us through so that we could take some decent photos of the actual horror maze part of it, but then the building's fire alarm went off (triggered by smoke from the maze itself, best get that fixed :laugh:) and we had to evacuate, so we never got the chance.

Whiskeybrewer

Cant wait to go to this :)

Salt The Fries

Hehe, I see even wax version of Fass has an exquisite taste in 2-in-1 devices and dons Surface Pro :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 13, 2017, 11:52:25 AM
Hehe, I see even wax version of Fass has an exquisite taste in 2-in-1 devices and dons Surface Pro :P

I knew that'd tickle you.  :laugh: I thought that was a really nice touch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed