Michael Fassbender Talks Working On Alien: Covenant - "It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements"

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2016, 05:31:26 AM

Author
Michael Fassbender Talks Working On Alien: Covenant - "It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements" (Read 41,368 times)

Astronoë

Quote from: Infected on May 15, 2016, 09:52:34 PM
Quote from: Astronoë on May 15, 2016, 08:25:40 PM
i'd love to see something really lovecraftian monsters like those crazy Rathtars from star wars..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSOzztOhKc
One of the worst parts of that movie,
i would love to see nothing of that at all.

it's very lovecraftian, squid-monsters trying to devour everything. I agree it didn't fit star wars.

KiramidHead

Nothing featuring Mad Dog and Rama is the worst part of anything. ;)

T Dog

i'd love to see something really lovecraftian monsters like those crazy Rathtars from star wars..

What he/she said

PsyKore

Blade Runner aesthetics would be lovely to see. Hearing this actually makes me more excited.

It's true that Prometheus does feel very disconnected from Alien because of its looks.

windebieste

I'm thinking it will be a mash up of art styles.  I'm guessing the aesthetic the art department has embraced will take some of 'Prometheus' lavish looking sets and dressed it with some of the retro-future presentation of 'ALIEN'.  Throw some empty beer cans around the place, drape it all in failing neon, add puddles and have some hare krishnas wonder through the set.  lol.

'Blade Runner' did have some remarkable production design, that's for sure.  Revisiting that philosophy in an 'ALIEN' movie would be fantastic!

-Windebieste.

Infected

Quote from: Astronoë on May 15, 2016, 09:59:02 PM

it's very lovecraftian, squid-monsters trying to devour everything. I agree it didn't fit star wars.
I would leave it with movies as Pirates of the, journey to mysterious island and movies like that.
But thats my personal opinion.

Im hoping and still waiting for that undefineable stuff like the cargo hold of the Derelict, the jockey look (not the baldies)
the green crystal room, the room with the urns.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PsyKore on May 15, 2016, 11:47:18 PM
Blade Runner aesthetics would be lovely to see. Hearing this actually makes me more excited.

It's true that Prometheus does feel very disconnected from Alien because of its looks.

Don't get me wrong, I did buy into their explanations but it still doesn't gel quite as well. I will be very very happy to see that used and abused aesthetic return to the screen. It's one of many things that helps make Alien.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: windebieste on May 16, 2016, 12:52:07 AM
'Blade Runner' did have some remarkable production design, that's for sure.  Revisiting that philosophy in an 'ALIEN' movie would be fantastic!

Even today with all the fancy CGI and other modern wonders available to filmmakers, it's still the benchmark for film production design. Nothing has surpassed it yet.

Stolen

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/michael-fassbender-really-fitting-in-to-the-australian-way-of-life/news-story/cda799c25d6676d217f81a54c10a6f8a

QuoteFassbender wouldn't though divulge too much about the plot of the much anticipated film.

"I'm really excited about this one I have to say," he said. "There's a lot going on, I think it is going to be super scary."

Take my money now!!!

Enoch

I officially began to be VERY optimistic about Covenant!!! :o :o :o

oduodu

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on May 16, 2016, 04:54:02 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/michael-fassbender-really-fitting-in-to-the-australian-way-of-life/news-story/cda799c25d6676d217f81a54c10a6f8a

QuoteFassbender wouldn't though divulge too much about the plot of the much anticipated film.

"I'm really excited about this one I have to say," he said. "There's a lot going on, I think it is going to be super scary."

Take my money now!!!

Can't access the article. Could you post the whole thing?

And that's really great to hear. I hadn't really considered returning to the horror genre but if Ridders is going back down that road and makes it work on the big screen like it worked in Isolation and the original Alien, I'm all for it!

Stolen

;D

Spoiler
HOLLYWOOD actor Michael Fassbender is certainly making the most of his time in Sydney.

The X-Men star currently calls the harbour city home as he's filming Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant at Fox Studios.

"I am practically Australian at this point," Fassbender told Confidential on the red carpet at George Street's Event Cinema complex for the Australian premiere of his new film X-Men: Apocalypse.

"I am annoying people on the waves, I'm trying to learn. It is such a beautiful city because you've got such clean beaches very accessible to the city. It is actually really wonderful to see and the education around the beach and the water when you see the Nippers, I love that. It is a fantastic culture."

Director Bryan Singer (centre) on set of film X-Men: Apocalypse with James McAvoy (left, as Charles Xavier) and Michael Fassbender.
X-Men: Apocalypse is the latest in a string of films in the marvel franchise that sees stars including Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy return to the big screen.

"He is a pretty layered character," he explained. "It is a pretty sophisticated world even though it is a fantasy world, the X Men and the whole concepts that they are dealing with. That is really what drew me to it in the first place with First Class, there's such a depth in his history to draw from that you are never left with a two dimensional character as such."

Of Magneto's story this film, he continued: "When you first meet him he is sort of living a very simple and honest life, he has fallen in love and started a family and left his mutant ways behind and working in a steel factory of sorts which we thought was pretty interesting because he's not using his powers and doing manual labour as his penance.

"Things get a little skew whiff and he loses his family and he is recruited then by Apocalypse to help destroy the world."

Fassbender, 39, recently shot The Light Between Oceans in New Zealand and when production finished flew to Australia for a break.

"I stayed here for a while," he said. "I found a place in Byron for a month, it's a beautiful place to be. I really love it here."

He's only just started shooting Aliens so will be based in Sydney for some time to come.

Fassbender wouldn't though divulge too much about the plot of the much anticipated film.

[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on May 16, 2016, 06:55:31 PM
;D

Spoiler
HOLLYWOOD actor Michael Fassbender is certainly making the most of his time in Sydney.

The X-Men star currently calls the harbour city home as he's filming Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant at Fox Studios.

"I am practically Australian at this point," Fassbender told Confidential on the red carpet at George Street's Event Cinema complex for the Australian premiere of his new film X-Men: Apocalypse.

"I am annoying people on the waves, I'm trying to learn. It is such a beautiful city because you've got such clean beaches very accessible to the city. It is actually really wonderful to see and the education around the beach and the water when you see the Nippers, I love that. It is a fantastic culture."

Director Bryan Singer (centre) on set of film X-Men: Apocalypse with James McAvoy (left, as Charles Xavier) and Michael Fassbender.
X-Men: Apocalypse is the latest in a string of films in the marvel franchise that sees stars including Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy return to the big screen.

"He is a pretty layered character," he explained. "It is a pretty sophisticated world even though it is a fantasy world, the X Men and the whole concepts that they are dealing with. That is really what drew me to it in the first place with First Class, there's such a depth in his history to draw from that you are never left with a two dimensional character as such."

Of Magneto's story this film, he continued: "When you first meet him he is sort of living a very simple and honest life, he has fallen in love and started a family and left his mutant ways behind and working in a steel factory of sorts which we thought was pretty interesting because he's not using his powers and doing manual labour as his penance.

"Things get a little skew whiff and he loses his family and he is recruited then by Apocalypse to help destroy the world."

Fassbender, 39, recently shot The Light Between Oceans in New Zealand and when production finished flew to Australia for a break.

"I stayed here for a while," he said. "I found a place in Byron for a month, it's a beautiful place to be. I really love it here."

He's only just started shooting Aliens so will be based in Sydney for some time to come.

Fassbender wouldn't though divulge too much about the plot of the much anticipated film.

[close]

That was literally all.  :laugh: Thanks for sharing though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed