FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 146,493 times)

szkoki

szkoki

If its not mentioned yet i guess there will be another teaser before the trailer tomorrow...you now with the line "in 1 day"

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 20, 2011, 10:07:33 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 20, 2011, 09:56:59 PM
I'd be very surprised if we don't see a single xenomorph in this movie or atleast something that looks VERY similar to the xenomorph.

Scott has already stated there will be NO ALIENS in this movie, he's also stated he believes what we saw in Alien was something in a suit, and makes it clear this film is going away from Alien... I guess we all better get used to it!

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/12/ridley-scott-its-entirely-ridiculous-to.html

You don't think that maybe he's pulling our chain for a big surprise among other surprises?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 20, 2011, 07:29:14 PMThis "starmap" looks more like the proverbial "Bohr" atom, which shows orbits at all kinds of angles.

A genuine question for our resident astrophysicist deuterium (or any other astrophysicists that happen to be lurking the boards): Can moons have moons? A parallel to our own solar system would say no, simply because of scale, but what if this is a depiction of a massive system. I ask this because the central body looks like it might represent a collapsed star, or possibly even a black hole with the outer 'membranes' representing the event horizon, photon sphere and/or accretion disk.

Obviously there is also the possibility that this is not intended to be to scale but just representative of the relative position of it's elements, each individual element scaled up for detail. It can't be a Bohr model, because electrons don't have orbiting bodies. It must be a system of some kind.

This stuff is fascinating - I always pondered on the actual interstellar 'geography' of the alienverse. There is talk of Zeta II Reticuli, which obviously isn't depicted here, so where are we?

-Chris

Space Jockey King

[/quote]
What film is this from please ?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Space Jockey King on Dec 20, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3972/toxinball.jpg

What film is this from please ?
The Rock, by Michael Bay. Probably his only great film.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 10:36:35 PM
Quote from: deuterium on Dec 20, 2011, 07:29:14 PMThis "starmap" looks more like the proverbial "Bohr" atom, which shows orbits at all kinds of angles.

A genuine question for our resident astrophysicist: Can moons have moons? A parallel to our own solar system would say no, simply because of scale, but what if this is a depiction of a massive system. I ask this because the central body looks like it might represent a collapsed star, or possibly even a black hole with the outer 'membranes' representing the event horizon, photon sphere and/or accretion disk.

Obviously there is also the possibility that this is not intended to be to scale but just representative of the relative position of it's elements, each individual element scaled up for detail. It can't be a Bohr model, because electrons don't have orbiting bodies. It must be a system of some kind.

This stuff is fascinating - I always pondered on the actual interstellar 'geography' of the alienverse. There is talk of Zeta II Reticuli, which obviously isn't depicted here, so where are we?

-Chris

its possible, but it prbably wouldnt last as the parent planets gravitational pull would take it away.

but in all honesty, we have absolutely no idea what we are seeing here, for all we know this could be depicting orbits of "jockeymade" satellites around some central planet just as we have "manmade" satellites following many different orbital paths.

or most likely its just made up to look nice but doesnt depict our solar system at all.

thanks

rich

harlock

harlock

About the thing David is pulling;

Watching it, it looks like four seperate glass containers, with ooze clinging to the bottoms as he pulls, but also the clip he uses is holding onto four seperate finger or maw-like protrusions, each with a strange black talon/fang/claw thing on the top. I can also clearly see a spine/facehugger tail. However that could be some kind of central tube to the fixture of the inside of what I'm guessing is an ampule (note it looks like white plastic, non-tapered, rather than the tapered chrome ampules we've seen).

I dont know what David is pulling at, but the finger-maw like things restrained by the clip (I expect the clip was also in whatever was opened, most likely some type of ampule to be fair - the clip must belong to the interior) make me wonder if we are looking at a type of "proto-hugger".

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 10:36:35 PM

A genuine question for our resident astrophysicist deuterium (or any other astrophysicists that happen to be lurking the boards): Can moons have moons? A parallel to our own solar system would say no, simply because of scale, but what if this is a depiction of a massive system. I ask this because the central body looks like it might represent a collapsed star, or possibly even a black hole with the outer 'membranes' representing the event horizon, photon sphere and/or accretion disk.

Theoretically, yes...although such systems tend to be unstable.  If the initial conditions are just right, and there are no subsequent sources of orbital perturbations, then it is possible...but is very sensitive to initial conditions, the relative sizes/masses of the moons in question, their orbital distances, and resonances with the main planet. So in summary, theoretically possible, but probably statistically very VERY rare.

-Chris
[/quote]

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Thanks Rich and deuterium. As you say, such a setup would be extremely rare, so it's unlikely that the things in the 'starmap' represent large moon systems. Thanks again.

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 20, 2011, 10:32:19 PM
If its not mentioned yet i guess there will be another teaser before the trailer tomorrow...you now with the line "in 1 day"

I've been trying all of the combinations on media.ru; 'inonedays', 'inoneday', 'tomorrow', 'getready', 'holyshititsnearlyhere'... 404s all the way. I wish they had started this whole thing earlier, as in 'In ten days, In nine days...' By the end we would have had enough behind the scenes footage for an entire TV spot! :D

It does make me wonder with all the hype whether the iTunes release will be a bit more than your average teaser, more of an exclusive, as they claim. We can hope.

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 11:06:53 PM
Thanks Rich and deuterium, that's what I figured. Either way, such a setup would be extremely rare, so it's unlikely that the things in the 'starmap' represent large moon systems. Thanks again.

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 20, 2011, 10:32:19 PM

I've been trying all of the combinations on media.ru; 'inonedays', 'inoneday', 'tomorrow', 'getready', 'holyshititsnearlyhere'... Nuthin'. I wish they had started this whole thing earlier, as in 'In ten days, In nine days...'

By the end we would have enough behind the scenes footage for an entire TV spot! :D

-Chris

i cant even get on those sites for some reason, i get a message saying "you dont have permission to access this site from your server".

@deuterium.. sorry, wasnt trying to steal your thunder, just thought id answer chris while i was here.

thanks

rich

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Ogata881 on Dec 20, 2011, 10:25:27 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 09:22:57 PM
Looks more like something on the helmet than coming from inside it.

If it's not mutation i wonder what can that be ^^

He looks burned.Pretty easy to see.

Yep burns tend to make your head grow weirdly bigger...
Pretty easy to know.

As for the bald makeup over a very hairy actor... Come on...
I've seen lame tv shows do better job than this lol.

The movie deal with bioengineering, they find vials with strange matter inside it, mutation is definitly in.
If you wanna stick to burns and bad make up i'm cool with that ;)

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Are any of these people part of the main cast?  I wonder how they fit into the story.

ThisBethesdaSea

Ummm...burns don't distort flesh like that. Burns can swell the affected area...but not like that. I actually know a thing or two about this...that guy isn't suffering from being burned, there's a physiological and biological change taking place.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:16:48 PM
As for the bald makeup over a very hairy actor... Come on...
I've seen lame tv shows do better job than this lol.

I've seen good tv shows do worse than this lol (Battlestar Galactica).

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Phantom...Jesus....get over the Xenos man.....a film I don't want to see is a director throwing in an alien because everyone wants and expects to see one. I want to see something highly different. I want to be scared shitless. A Xeno isn't going to do that.

And we're now judging the makeup as lame? Clearly it's a behind the scenes rehearsal of some sort, no lighting, no cameras. Give. It. A. Rest. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed