Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 423,784 times)

Samhain13

So was the ending revenge against fans that attacked him on twitter? Guess a sequel to this just got more unlikely to happen.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 08, 2018, 01:02:11 PM
So was the ending revenge against fans that attacked him on twitter? Guess a sequel to this just got more unlikely to happen.

Looks more like a studio thing IMO, but who knows...

Wysps

Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 08, 2018, 05:43:26 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 08, 2018, 05:40:38 AMWhat was that?

Jonathan Spiroff (@Johnno23)

Quote@BurnettRM I know a few people who worked on the Predator. Shane Black was actually quite close to quitting. Lots of studio changes to the film. Big action scenes got completely redone in reshoots. He hated the experience so much, only wants to do a small indie next.

Wow, if that's the case that's truly just horrible  :( If the studio was responsible for making that many crucial decisions, and not the creative team behind the movie, makes you wonder if the franchise would be better off under another name.

Russ840

So this can be the Alien 3 Of the predator franchise, what with all the studio meddling.

Corporal Hicks

Ha. I said the same thing to RidgeTop earlier.

Samhain13

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 08, 2018, 03:10:59 PM
So this can be the Alien 3 Of the predator franchise, what with all the studio meddling.

Does this mean after 10 years an Assembly Cut will be released as damage control? I wouldn't mind.

von

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2018, 12:00:44 PM
Quote from: von on Sep 08, 2018, 03:32:45 AM
Any truth to this, Hicks?

https://twitter.com/Johnno23/status/1038028761763999744?s=20

I'm not sure but from his own interviews, I don't find that surprising in the slightest. I honestly think this movie was butchered in the edit.

If that's the case, I do feel for Black & Dekker. In the weeks leading up to the premiere, they didn't come across as thrilled and enthusiastic (at least on social media and interviews) as when the project was just starting production.

If you watch his interview with Collider at SDCC particularly when asked about his next project, then you wouldn't find that information surprising at all.

brokentusk420

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2018, 12:00:44 PM
Quote from: von on Sep 08, 2018, 03:32:45 AM
Any truth to this, Hicks?

https://twitter.com/Johnno23/status/1038028761763999744?s=20

You can blame editing all you want,  but the fact of the matter is it was doomed from the begining with all the stupid ideas they had. The script was god awful, and was such a far departure from the lore set in the original two movies. That's why it's failing.  The people who are defending it are as I've said before, suffering from franchise Stockholm syndrome. I'm for new ideas but this was completw Saturday morning cartoon rubbish. 

I'm not sure but from his own interviews, I don't find that surprising in the slightest. I honestly think this movie was butchered in the edit.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
Ha. I said the same thing to RidgeTop earlier.

Lol.

It is a shame.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 08, 2018, 04:13:25 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 08, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

Does this mean after 10 years an Assembly Cut will be released as damage control? I wouldn't mind.

That would be cool. Better yet. Just release it as soon as.

ace3g

The Predator is one of the advertisers for UFC 228 tonight

Dannyboy

Damn marketing for the film is almost everywhere!

Tetsujin

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed