Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Jun 05, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book) (Read 76,464 times)

NGR01

Ordered it friday receiving it tommorrow.
And i'm in France.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Jun 11, 2012, 02:43:34 PM
I believe I ordered mine roughly one month ago so that could explain the difference in delivery dates. I can't see any reason why you won't have it by the end of the week :) It's a great read. What struck me most was the image of the deacon heading towards the (now) derelict. You're left with the impression it has the intelligence to fly the ship.

Yes, it always bothered me how David & Shaw end up going to another Juggernaught, giving the impression the downed ship, even though it remained in one piece was now totally useless, especially when you see what the Prometheus ship was capable of.  But having seen these pictures of the baby xeno, you do get left wondering 'what if David leads Shaw to another ship on purpose!'  'What if the reason he never questions Shaw after he discovers she's pregnant is because he anticpates what she'll do because she's human!' leaving the creature free to do whatever, even fly a ship at some point, so why not leave it a ship that he really knew was still functional!!  To be honest, as much as I enjoyed Prometheus as a piece of entertainment, what with Sir Riddles sounding like he's making things up as he goes along and the redicilousness of the plot of Prometheus which at times insults ALL the previous Alien films, I can really see this happening.

Qwertify

Anyone else notice how Shaw can give the Engineer a BJ standing straight up? Just saying. Just saying.

Xenobluntz

Quote from: Qwertify on Jun 11, 2012, 03:24:09 PM
Anyone else notice how Shaw can give the Engineer a BJ standing straight up? Just saying. Just saying.

Hahahaha!

NGR01

PROMETHANUS!

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Qwertify on Jun 11, 2012, 03:24:09 PM

My hero.

ripley161

Just received the book in the post, ordered from Amazon. Really nice hardback book and over 190 pages . Really impressed  :)

Xenomrph

I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon yesterday, can't wait to get it!

whatisthematrix

Im considering pre-ordering it. 186 Pages. Should be a good viewing.

Still don't see why people take every opportunity to slam this film.

Has anyone watched alien recently? There are a lot of flaws with Alien. But we choose to believe. And thus, sci fi and fantasy is born.

RidgeTop

Such good artwork for such a bad film.

NGR01

Finally got time to check my book.
It's pretty coolbut i'ma bit disapointed.
You see no art leading to the prometheus as we know it.
Almost no Engineers concept art, some pics of the prop suit, but no actual artwook of the research they made for their look.
Nothing also about the inner suit the surviving engineer wears save for those horrid 3d images by Steve Messing...
Also nothing from the ideas and concepts leading to the deacon.
Well i guss i will have to hunt down each concept artist blog and website to get somejuicy stuff...

MrSpaceJockey

Overload of sexy.

OVERLOAD OF SEXY.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed