Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2015, 06:24:49 PM

Author
Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai (Read 49,597 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 03, 2016, 12:58:49 AM
Man, why do they always pick these super far away locations! Wish they'd build it here in the US. I'd go. That would be a fun trip.
They would make a lot of money as well not everyone in Asia knows about AVP or can afford it.

RidgeTop

So apparently this is still happening.

SM

SM

Everything is already there in Genting Highlands in terms of infrastructure (hotels, theme park); this sounds like a complete refurb.

I remember this was announced back in 2014 or 15, and we were in Singapore at the end of 2015 into 2016 and was hoping to get up to KL.  First Born got Dengue and got stuck in hospital for a week which put paid to any ideas about seeing if this was going anywhere.

Corporal Hicks

Glad to see this is still happening. I'm a tiny bit disappointed it's looking like a traditional attraction - mostly because I hate rollercoasters and stuff - was hoping it'd be some sort of interactive thing.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2018, 07:53:54 AM
Glad to see this is still happening. I'm a tiny bit disappointed it's looking like a traditional attraction - mostly because I hate rollercoasters and stuff - was hoping it'd be some sort of interactive thing.

Agreed, really hope it's not just traditional coasters and other such thrill rides with logos stamped on. They really should have some kind of dark ride with animatronic characters.

Looks like the Fox World Store is already open at RWG, you can see some Alien and Predator merchandise, other than the NECA toys, I can't say I've seen those items anywhere else.

Definitely going to snag me an AVPR shot glass should I ever make my way out there.

Seen here at 0:31

Wweyland

That is cool but so far away.

andreaNZ

Yeah I spotted those too, I like the design

IZE

Why the hell do they make these places so far away  :-

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 26, 2018, 09:34:04 PM
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/fox-disney-hit-175-billion-suit-backing-away-malaysian-theme-park-deal-1163900?fbclid=IwAR19MPlsZpg657WYjgQfPlMVnq8XOCheP4J3CeVuH1vlR8zw3PkuAZg7nK8

Not surprising News.

Theme parks based on intellectual property and corporate strategy is high risk, low yield exercises. Get the balance right and you'd be raking in Millions per day (as Disney's heyday attested). Get the mix wrong and you can bankrupt the parent company and devalue the brand (as Paramount land attested).

Look at the YouTuber who did the "Defunctland" video series (who started by reviewing retro, commercially successful rides), but then went onto post mortems of failed expansions and lost millions- or theme park park closures.

As much as I love Xenomorphs and Predators- I wouldn't bank on a million dollar theme park.

An ALIEN- WAR like they had at the Trocadero London in the early 90s is more suited.

Roby

An Alien part of a theme park would be so fun!
Would be so cool to recreate the Nostromo that you can walk around.

AhabPredator

I would give my left nut for a an Alien and Predator themed park. Especially since here in FL the alien is gone and so is The Great Movie ride...  :(

Corporal Hicks

Are you far from Alien: Descent?

Local Trouble

I live about 20 miles away from it.  Never even knew it existed before now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed