Titan Books Announces Alien: 40 Years, 40 Artists Book!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 02:23:30 PM

Author
Titan Books Announces Alien: 40 Years, 40 Artists Book! (Read 39,504 times)

Corporal Hicks

Just when I think Titan can spoil us no more in 2019, they go ahead and announce another new book to excitement my nerdiness! Announced via Bloody Disgusting, Titan are going to be publishing a pretty interesting new book called Alien: 40 Years, 40 Artists Book!

Alien: 40 Years, 40 Artists" is an artistic tribute to the sci-fi horror masterpiece Alien. 40 artists, filmmakers, and fans have been invited to contribute a piece of original art to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Alien in 2019.

Pieces range from alternative posters to gothic interpretations of key scenes. Sketches, process pieces, and interview text accompany each new and unique nightmare.

In addition to cover artist Dane Hallet—an Alien: Covenant concept artist—the contributors include Blade Runner 2049 director Denis Villeneuve, Sam Hudecki, and Tanya Lapointe; Star Wars concept artist and creature designer Terryl Whitlatch; and Kong: Skull Island director Jordan Vogt-Robert, and Jon Wilcox.

I will never get sick of seeing Dane Hallet’s Alien art and those are some pretty heavy hitters involved with this book! Alien: 40 Years, 40 Artists is currently slated for release on the 10th of October, just a week before Alien: Prototype is due to hit the shelves.

If you head on over to Bloody Disgusting, they also have the exclusive reveals of the cover art for both Alien: Prototype and the novelization of Alien: Isolation.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien Day 2019 news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

I bet this is what Tristan Jones's recent tease was for!

The Old One

The Old One

Dane Hallett!
Denis Villeneuve!
Sam Hudecki!
Jon Wilcox!

Woohoo!!! Best announcement!

Corporal Hicks

Denis Villeneuve's involvement really surprised me!

The Old One

The Old One

Denis Villeneuve and Tanya Lapointe,
husband and wife.
A indicator of the future?
P l e a s e

Xenomorphine

I find this equally sad and ironic, because Giger contributed a piece for the 'Star Wars' book which was along these lines, a few years ago, yet he's no longer with us to do anything for this collection.

Aside from Hallet, can't say I'm familiar with the artistic output of any of those names, however.

HuDaFuK

Titan are seriously on a roll at the moment. This sounds super interesting!

Komenja

Nice, I love me some art books.

Huggs

Come on Dennis!

Step 1 brother.

Jones The Cat

Prez

... scrambles madly to pre-order ....

Huggs

And 2 novels.

Thank God.

tyrannosaurusjones

I can confirm that I am a part of this also. And seeing some of these other names, I'm freaking out a little.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Apr 27, 2019, 08:14:46 AM
I can confirm that I am a part of this also. And seeing some of these other names, I'm freaking out a little.

Thought so! This pleases me greatly!  ;D

I'm hoping to see some of the old legends in here too. Beauvais, Plunkett, Bolton as well please!

The Old One

The Old One

Your rightfully up alongside them
Tristan Jones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed