Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,528 times)

judge death

Its obvious a neca alien the artist traced in a jumping pose but failed to give it life and also the scale is very off and is so bad looking....
Lol to me this story is just aliens: colonial marines sent to a station and they start fighting aliens, pretty much aliens story to me xD

Xiggz456

Wow! Now that was an action packed issue!

Spoiler
Just wish we could've gotten more of the flashback story. Also guessing that Cruz's life threatening disease has something to do with him being host to a chestburster.
[close]

Still Collating...

Some alien poses were almost passable this time around, but a lot were still outrageously cheap looking. The dialog was so cringe at times too. The action looks bad to me, not very dynamic and the aliens were no threat at all, characters easily having conversations while being attacked by a multiples.

Spoiler
I know fire helps, but show them being held back, not just casually in the panel, I don't understand are they attacking, are they scared of the fire, are they dying? Aliens can die if damaged, it's probably more the problem in the art then in the writing here. Though the dialog was baffling at times.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 16, 2021, 08:17:06 PM
Some alien poses were almost passable this time around, but a lot were still outrageously cheap looking. The dialog was so cringe at times too. The action looks bad to me, not very dynamic and the aliens were no threat at all, characters easily having conversations while being attacked by a multiples.

Spoiler
I know fire helps, but show them being held back, not just casually in the panel, I don't understand are they attacking, are they scared of the fire, are they dying? Aliens can die if damaged, it's probably more the problem in the art then in the writing here. Though the dialog was baffling at times.
[close]

Yeah, I actually find the action to be pretty hard to follow. Not sure if it's that it is confusingly drawn, or if I'm just bored enough that I'm losing focus while reading (probably some combination of the two, to be honest). There's been a couple times in the two most recent issues where I thought the co-op buddy marine had died only to see him again on the next panel. It really all just kind of feels like it is going through the motions at this point.

Even Bishop, who got his big final page entrance last month, is just immediately relegated to being another random guy on the team. Until his first bit of dialogue in this issue, I forgot he was even there.
Spoiler
Also, I could have sworn he was ripped in half this issue but then he was just walking around again. :D
[close]

SiL

SiL

Why do the Marines keep whining like children every time Aliens attack?

"No! It isn't faaaair!"

You half expect them to accuse the Aliens of cheating and walk out of the playground.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2021, 08:22:13 PM
Spoiler
Also, I could have sworn he was ripped in half this issue but then he was just walking around again. :D
[close]
Spoiler
Nah, he just got his stomach slashed and his milk-guts are hanging out... but at a bored & apathetic glance, it does look a bit like he's cut in half.
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

f**king snore.

Nightmare Asylum

Nukiemorph

I had the same confusion. Had to go back and look closer.

I really want to hurry up and get to this Alpha & "Sil" stuff so I can decide how much I hate it.

Engineer

SiL

SiL

There here is almost nothing they didn't f**k up about the perspective of the location there. Yikes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 16, 2021, 09:47:26 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2021, 08:22:13 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Nah, he just got his stomach slashed and his milk-guts are hanging out... but at a bored & apathetic glance, it does look a bit like he's cut in half.
[close]

Spoiler
It looked like the Alien had stuck his hand through Bishop's head in one panel too.
[close]

Larroca has to go. The art is just bad.

Spoiler
I'm a little disappointed it looks like the Alpha isn't going to be Sil/Li. But I hope that means she's sticking around for a later story. Though I admit I'm quite curious as to what the deal with the Alpha actually is. Seems to me that its just going to be the first Alien that W-Y got their hands on because of the main character, but then what's with the appearance if he's supposed to have come from the main guy (sorry, the name is escaping me currently.)
[close]
I do love the aspect of their being a connection between them because of once being a host though. I'm quite intrigued by that.

Drukathi

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 16, 2021, 07:37:56 AM
Biggest gripe with issue 4 was the alien pose in this panel:
Spoiler
[close]

Wait, what? Tracing or photo-editing - whatever, but how leg and arm are looks larger in size than body and head? WTF?! :o

judge death

Lol, no he clearly cant draw proportions and scale it together and make the charachters to fit together, can tell he traced neca big chap figure and traced soldiers into same page, the alien jumping was traced twice: once for the body and head, then he post the figure to a fitting pose with the arms and legs and traced from the screen but got the proprtions horrible wrong.

Can someone please draw a full picture of that xeno, we can name it: Larroca xenomorph! Horrible big arms and legs and tiny body and head xD

But yes seems all marvel fans who buy these write reviews praising the life like art and not caring for its basicly toys traced, it looks good and detailed and movie like and they eat it and as that marvel girl youtuber said: they dont know anything about neca or dark horse comics and will claim dark horse didnt do anything with the alien series and then use sal numbers to prove it. Same as some disney fans I spoke to who argue that fox didnt do or use the alien franchise and disney will make it like star wars and yearly released movies and materials....

Do we have any comic book reviews that goes through these comics in detail? Im curious what they say about the art, and story.
For me so far I would say the art is nice looking but everything is traced and no originality and pretty bad, story is predictable and weak and dont get the franchise, some nice ideas but overall its weak in this department too and dont know some basic rules in the lore.

Yes Larroca should be fired from this franchise and stay with star wars where he can go on tracing and put himself in the art as he has done earlier. I rather take real artists and take long waiting times like 2000AD does, takes 1-2 years before full story is out. Not freaking 3-4 months, no wonder why marvel hire these tracers to be machines to spit out comics weekly....

Engineer

Quote from: judge death on Jun 17, 2021, 06:57:23 PM
Can someone please draw a full picture of that xeno, we can name it: Larroca xenomorph! Horrible big arms and legs and tiny body and head xD

"Larroca acheronsis" Close cousin of Linguafoeda acheronsis

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed