Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,725 times)

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 21, 2021, 09:02:50 PM
Sizzy's pulling out some really good bantz lately.
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 21, 2021, 02:25:40 PM
Courtesy of SizzyBubbles.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew9g6b6VEAEUQvL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hahahahaa thank you  ;D

...and those photoshopped alien comparisons... yikes. just YIKES.

Xiggz456

I mean I kind of consider myself somewhat of a super fan when it comes to these franchises like I'm a literal fiend for new content so yes I'll be buying every issue because that's how I do with my favorite franchise. It's pretty obvious that Larocca uses photoshop filters over actual photos but he still has to arrange the compositions in a way that still tells the story. It's digital art and it's still done to a degree that shows an absolute expertise of the programs he uses (at least in regards to his 50 issue SW run). Whether one accepts that as appropriate for comics is entirely subjective but that's for each individual to decide on their own. I support everyone's decision to do what they think is right. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk lol

Ultramorph

Via Johnson on Twitter (in a convo with Tristan actually)
Spoiler
https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/status/1374119216815738882?s=21

" Don't sweat the hybrid or any other conflicts you see in the pp2-3 spread, it'a just a character's recurring dream and we don't know what it means yet. I should have expected fans to rightfully worry about shark-jumping, but the story's very much in the style of the early films."

I'll actually be a lot less interested if that character is just a dream TBH.
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good to hear it, idea's trash and only belongs in a dream, so thank you for the clarification.

judge death

For once some good news, at least for the story and lore part, so far. :)

SuperiorIronman

The whole thing being a dream sequence doesn't make the art better, it's just an in story justification for Larroca to be bad at his job. There are tons of artists (like a certain artist on this site) who would do incredible work with the idea of a horde of Aliens rushing someone in a dream sequence.

Instead on top of everything Larroca just had them all posing. It's not only bad art, it's also boring.

SizzyBubbles

Now with 100% more lens flare.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I guess dream sequences shouldn't have slammin' art? Because...

Quote from: judge death on Mar 22, 2021, 10:36:23 PM
For once some good news, at least for the story and lore part, so far. :)

Not good news for Hicks, I think he was pretty stoked to see some some 'bug-woman.'

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I kind of hope that she does have some basis in reality, to be honest.

Assuming that this being is something like Sil from Species that is embedded within a transmission with the intention of bonding with human DNA to create a humanoid form that intends to f**k its way through humanity, reproduce and populate the Earth, and take over feels very much like a bio-weapon that the Engineers would attempt to use.

I'm not 100% sold on the design here, but the idea has a lot of potential (in the realm of comic books) and makes me wish that the art itself was better.

Ultramorph

Yeah, I really want her to be real. If it's a dream, throwing the Hammerpede in there is basically taking a piss on the prequels, which is something I'd very much hate.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 23, 2021, 12:43:00 AM
Yeah, I really want her to be real. If it's a dream, throwing the Hammerpede in there is basically taking a piss on the prequels, which is something I'd very much hate.

The Hammerpede's appearance is one of the things that does place the dream in "reality" in some way, for me - either this character is remembering these things, or the Sil-esque figure is based in reality and somehow "invading" his mind and as such he can see what is around her, Hammerpedes included.

SM

SM

Sounds like damage control.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: SM on Mar 23, 2021, 01:14:59 AM
Sounds like damage control.

This.

It's just bad art trying to justify itself because it's a dream sequence.

Nightmare Asylum

IMO, it's the quality of art that needs damage control more than the Sil-thing. :D

SM

SM

Reckon.  I don't mind the 'Alpha' (seems odd that it has a name if it's just some dream figment) as long as it has some context that fits.  It's not hard to think it's some black-goo mutation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed