Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,361 times)

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 08:24:01 AM
I'm really loving Lee's style! The standard covers are gorgeous.

https://www.facebook.com/kaelngu/posts/10158506372493218

Covenant eggs a bit out of place though.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 19, 2021, 07:18:31 PM

Given the various offshoots/mutations in this I almost want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that's intentional... but nah, there's no way that was intentional.

Corporal Hicks

SM

SM

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 19, 2021, 12:06:34 PM
Reminds me of a Locusta piece, but I don't think it's traced.

Ah yes, that's what it reminded me of.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 08:22:43 PM
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/preview-marvel-comics-alien-1

5 page preview.

I really hope
Spoiler
the Sil lady isn't just a dream.
[close]
That would be a major cop-out. If not, it looks cool otherwise, some dubious xenos aside.

Never mind, didn't read it fully. The Alpha, huh? I'm definitely down for a new wrinkle, especially if it ties back to Shaw or Daniels.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 19, 2021, 07:25:27 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 19, 2021, 07:18:31 PM

Given the various offshoots/mutations in this I almost want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that's intentional... but nah, there's no way that was intentional.

Those sterile metallic walls, while cool and all, aren't Giger's biomechanical decorations. It is the same aesthetic of the Engineers in Prometheus.

So yup. No bones except the Alien, which looks amazing without a doubt.  8)

SuperiorIronman

- So what is the hammerpede from Prometheus doing here?

- Most of the designs are what I assume meant to be drones and we have the one warrior in the background that I'm convinced is either an Eaglemoss statue or a Neca toy.

- Pretty sure the Alien in the middle is Stompy.

- The proportions are atrocious. Everyone is too big or too small in places and the Hammerpede that I guess wanted to hang out that day is as big as a normal Alien's arm.

Immortan Jonesy

The xeno chick is friendzoning Stompy ¿ ???

PAS Spinelli

Wow this is garbage

judge death

Seems more and more my predictment of the xeno chick is correct xD

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 20, 2021, 02:16:09 AM

Wow this is garbage

That group of Aliens just looks awful, no way around it. It's odd that the other elements of the comic like human characters and environments don't look nearly as bad.

SuperiorIronman

So I might be right about the Neca toys being used. On the left you can even see the joints in the arm for f**k sake.
What kills me about this image is that you have the out of place warrior in a sea of Drones and Runners but also the random Hammerpede. Like sure this could be out of context and maybe we see them as made with the goo, but assuming they're not Larroca missed the part where the Hammerpede isn't a Xenomorph but included it anyways.

A scene like this though, you should include toys but instead of an outright tracing job, this could've been a fun place to include cameos. What if among the crowd we spotted Grid in there or maybe we get a cameo of the Raven? Just fun things for the audience to find like maybe seeing the Snake Alien somewhere or a Drone that looks like one of the AVP Arcade Aliens. That's the thing you should do with group shots like this. Something fun for the audience to find in the crowd. Instead we're picking this apart just like what happened with Tristan Jones and that cover. Hell I think he already spotted a bunch of trace jobs on this.

tyrannosaurusjones

I don't know why any of you would pay money to find out after all this. I sure as f**k am not.

426Buddy

I'm not either. I find the art very off-putting, especially human faces. The soulless tracing of the Aliens is just depressing.

Prez

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 20, 2021, 02:51:33 AM
So I might be right about the Neca toys being used. On the left you can even see the joints in the arm for f**k sake....

Think you're right. Looks like a Posterise effect in Photoshop being applied to a photo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed