Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,616 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on Mar 03, 2021, 11:28:57 PM

To me it looks like alien resin and bone structure like what you see from dark horse alien hives in the comics, its very different from the structure the space jockey is on and the chair thing as well. the wall looks way more organic and not metalic like the floor and the chair is made out of. At least to me :)

The hive looks wild and messy.

In the Derelict you have bones positioned in a logical and orderly way.

RidgeTop

Our thoughts on the recent preview:

BlueMarsalis79

You can find my live insufferable commentary in the comments.

EJA

EJA

The newborn hybrid in Resurrection was an unintended consequence. The hybrid in the comic book definitely looks like the result of deliberate planning and experimentation.

Voodoo Magic

Hrmph. Mad Scientist stuff?

Nightmare Asylum

The way I see things, the mad scientist stuff in Resurrection is actually (accidentally) enhanced by what Ridley established in the prequels. Given what we now know about the nature of the pathogen and the way it works, and how served as the basis for the traditional Alien lifecycle as designed by David, it makes more sense to me now that the Ripley clone(s) and the chestburster within would become entangled with one another in various ways during the closing process. And if you take The Cold Forge and what it establishes about the actual for of the facehugger's payload into account, it adds another layer that makes even more sense of all of this strange biological melding...

What we are seeing in this comic, so far, almost seems to be a more controlled and deliberate variation on what was going on in Alien: Resurrection.

BlueMarsalis79

One can only hope.

Immortan Jonesy

More Mad Robot Scientist Stuff Please ~ 😋

Whiskeybrewer

I assumed that it depends on where the Hive is made on if its messy or uniform

Immortan Jonesy

Well I have to admit that before the Alien Covenant movie showed Juggernauts with biomechanical corridors ...

It crossed my mind that the Derelict, despite being a different ship, was totally sterile and metallic like the Juggernauts from Prometheus. And I thought, like some here, that the biomechanical details were the work of the Alien that was born from Space Jockey.

Although the theory discussed above (that Juggernauts become organic after being long stranded) is more interesting.

Actually, an interesting trivia is when David is observing the ampules for the first time in Prometheus. He could notice that the lid of an ampule was melting or something and he said "Organic".

RidgeTop

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 04, 2021, 06:52:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1rCObAMvhg

Prometheus Rover in the Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order comic that I mention in the video.

Spoiler

[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 04, 2021, 07:22:12 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 04, 2021, 06:52:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1rCObAMvhg

Prometheus Rover in the Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order comic that I mention in the video.

Spoiler

[close]

They are lazy thieves! Also they could have used as a reference the Juggernauts from Revenge of the Sith.  :laugh:

But yeah, the cheapness is courtesy only of Marvel as usual ¬¬ (bellow a vehicle from Mandalorian season 2).

judge death

judge death

Watched the video, some interesting ideas and discussion there, but I will side with ridgetop on this more but that shouldnt be a surprise :P

To me having the mutating dna ideas as focus for creating new xenos, hybrids and whatever the storywriter wants, waters down the xenomorphs and breaks the lore too much for my taste, in a alien comic the xenomorph should be the focus, the original ones which is the perfect creature, not see them being the lowest in the rank and these new creatures and mutations being the focus and shown as better than the originals then its not longer alien to me, its species mixed with starcraft and alien. I fear this female hybrid creature might be a attempt at adding a charachter like kerrigan is in starcraft: a hybrid that controls and leads the zerg creatures and is superiour and ultimate creature: seeing this hybrid do the same and control the xenos: no thanks, thats starcraft not my xenomorphs, they would throw her in the first line attack, the queen or even yet: mother queen is the true leader of the xenomorphs, like it has been and should always be in my book. :P

But not saying hicks is wrong and if one dont see the core of xenomorphs as important and rather see new creatures and ideas and the xenomorphs as just one thing of many and the dna is the main thing and see the xenos lead by new alien human hybrids or whatever new ideas they will try, then fine I see why, you can do much more with the story and have new alien charachters that can talk and do stuff like kerrigan in starcraft.

But thats not for me who still prefer the xenomrophs as its ultimate creature and not a virus etc but a creature that lives for surviving and breeding and use hosts to get stronger versions of themself and cant be poisoned, changed or tamed, they are a force you cant control or mix with but thats the old view but I live with it :P

Well we will find out soon I reckon but I will wait for a deepth detailed study of this and see if they change the lore and do these things I fear will water out the xenos, or if its faithful and we get to see original aliens with no bendy snake like inner jaws or mutations but simple wild and extremly aggresive original alien, else I will stay far away from marvels alien series :P

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on Mar 04, 2021, 07:41:14 PM
But not saying hicks is wrong and if one dont see the core of xenomorphs as important and rather see new creatures and ideas and the xenomorphs as just one thing of many and the dna is the main thing and see the xenos lead by new alien human hybrids or whatever new ideas they will try, then fine I see why, you can do much more with the story and have new alien charachters that can talk and do stuff like kerrigan in starcraft.

I also prefer the Alien as the ultimate creature. But Gosh, I would be a complete liar if I didn't tell you how much I want to see Ripley 8 and Dr. Shaw transformed into a Kerrigan-like-character. I guess I just love the biomechanical succubus; with Li tobler-inspired paintings as the blueprint.

judge death

I liked that guys idea that this might be a first attempt at cloning ripley as its taking place after alien 3 and its a failed attempt and more alien than human, ripley clone prototype :) But not a fan of the kerrigan aproach but I can see and understand why some fans would love it, but its not for me :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed