Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,638 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 03, 2021, 12:43:36 PM
Well, not explaining it for a start. Its origins being mysterious was way more interesting.

But having it created by a mad human robot scientist was not only disappointing, it made it... not particularly alien.

I personally agree. And not demystifying your alien monster feels like the first lesson in Writing 101, with the Alien or the Space Jockey. I still find it odd that Ridley chose this direction, and why didn't he pursue directing a Blade Runner sequel as well, considering where his then current interests seemed to align.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: EJA on Mar 03, 2021, 10:36:40 AM
But if the Aliens evolved naturally, then why does the Space Jockey tech resemble them so much?

Because the entire planet is a natural biomechanical landscape  :-X

Totally alien biochemistry between non-carbon life forms, ultimating forming a complex neural network. Parasitism and symbiosis as ways of adaptations in a fascinating but terrifying world.

Voodoo Magic

Which planet are you talking about Jonesy?

BlueMarsalis79

A hypothetical Alien world, inspired by the artwork of likely, H.R Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński primarily. 

Voodoo Magic

Ah...!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh Com'on! everyone has their nerdy fetish fantasies, like people who wish Alien and Blade Runer / Outland were from the same universe  :laugh:

I don't care about these fantasies but my hipotetical Gigerland is part of my hearth ~

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This "Hypothetical Gigerland" is the main reason I wish the art in this comic was stronger - I really dig the ideas and concepts that the comic seems to be presenting, and the writer seems really cool from the interviews I've heard of him; I want to give this a shot and like it, but man, the actual quality of the art itself leaves so much to be desired...

Voodoo Magic

@Immortan Jonesy

I wasn't criticizing. I'm just not as well versed in the expanded universe as some, so I honestly was making sure I wasn't missing something.  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Neither me, that was pure wild speculation. But thank you ^^

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 03, 2021, 03:53:04 PM
This "Hypothetical Gigerland" is the main reason I wish the art in this comic was stronger - I really dig the ideas and concepts that the comic seems to be presenting, and the writer seems really cool from the interviews I've heard of him; I want to give this a shot and like it, but man, the actual quality of the art itself leaves so much to be desired...

Yes, I give them the benefit of the doubt because there seem to be interesting ideas.  ;D

But it's very difficult to do this with their disgusting and unethical habits. >:(

Darth Rinzler

So Species is in Aliens now?   

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 03, 2021, 03:46:22 PM
Oh Com'on! everyone has their nerdy fetish fantasies, like people who wish Alien and Blade Runer / Outland were from the same universe  :laugh:

I don't care about these fantasies but my hipotetical Gigerland is part of my hearth ~

I go a step further, there's no planet, just a near infinite, lightless non-location. Walk down the wrong dark tunnel or even fly through the wrong bit of space, and you may find yourself there. Of course, there are other, more intentional ways to reach this place, but they are... extremely painful.

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 03, 2021, 07:43:37 PM

God, I hope so.

SM

SM

sPeCiEs

[cancerblack]

Black goo makes sexually violent Giger monster. Works for me.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

One place we don't agree love.

Under The Skin's just Species but superior anyway. 

😝

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 03, 2021, 07:43:37 PM

Is this much more of a leap than the hybrid in Alien: Resurrection?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed