Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,786 times)

acrediblesource

Art looks uninspiring. I mean, when did digital tracing become a thing people wanted to see? Or did a corpo say "it streamed line our asset production process saving thousands of dollars in manual laboured tasks such art.".

immortalundead

The Alien comic preview definitely made it an easy pass... I have a few more darkhorse comics to collect then I can call it done.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Because billion dollar companies are tired of making money it seems and traceing helps them with the process

RhubarbLeaves

That art is just terrible. Absolutely lazy talentless junk. This is meant to be their premiere issue that sells the series so I dread to think how much worse it's going to get.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 27, 2021, 01:45:24 AM
I like to think that the goo actually came from the Alien, and that when it mutates it's trying it's hardest to evolve back into it with what it already has

This but with added Yog-Sothothery.

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 27, 2021, 12:55:59 AM
@judge death

They aren't toys, they're collectible action figures and they are worth more than your car

It's not a doll, it's an action figure!

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 27, 2021, 06:18:47 PM
I mean, when did digital tracing become a thing people wanted to see?

Now that's a sound complaint, and probably the biggest problem here.

EJA

EJA

I can excuse low quality art if the story is any good. That's what mainly concerns me.

BlueMarsalis79

It will not be.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2021, 08:16:16 PM
So guess this is how the accelerant is playing into this one...

Spoiler
[close]

Honestly, that's fine by me. I've a fond spot for the
Spoiler
Bugmen from Colonial marines
[close]
and this is a direction I've wanted to see taken more firmly.

Spoiler
We see Ripley 8-esque hybrids in stasis tubes. I suspect she's resulting from whatever's going on with those.

Would be nice if this is taking account of the fourth film and showing this as precursors to those experiments.
[close]

As for that appearance...

Spoiler
Many fans are assuming it's wholly influenced by Giger/Sil, but the horizontal headgear makes me think we could also be seeing inspiration from 'Warhammer Fantasy' artistic depictions. Could make a case for the body having things in common with devotees of Slaanesh, but that head design immediately made me think of Morathi.

Compare:

Similarities are definitely there.
[close]

Xiggz456

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 27, 2021, 11:24:04 PM
It will not be.

Oh cuz you've been privy to the script? You don't know if it's a good story or not so how bout we wait and see instead of giving speculative shit takes please.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 28, 2021, 02:13:01 AM
It will not be.

Oh cuz you've been privy to the script? You don't know if it's a good story or not so how bout we wait and see instead of giving speculative shit takes please.

I'd say "when is anything ever good?", but apparently people are really enjoying Into Charybdis.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 28, 2021, 02:31:21 AM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 28, 2021, 02:13:01 AM
It will not be.

I'd say "when is anything ever good?", but apparently people are really enjoying Into Charybdis.

I await her verdict.

SM

SM

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2021, 01:56:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2021, 08:16:16 PM
So guess this is how the accelerant is playing into this one...

Spoiler
[close]

Honestly, that's fine by me. I've a fond spot for the
Spoiler
Bugmen from Colonial marines
[close]
and this is a direction I've wanted to see taken more firmly.

Spoiler
We see Ripley 8-esque hybrids in stasis tubes. I suspect she's resulting from whatever's going on with those.

Would be nice if this is taking account of the fourth film and showing this as precursors to those experiments.
[close]

As for that appearance...

Spoiler
Many fans are assuming it's wholly influenced by Giger/Sil, but the horizontal headgear makes me think we could also be seeing inspiration from 'Warhammer Fantasy' artistic depictions. Could make a case for the body having things in common with devotees of Slaanesh, but that head design immediately made me think of Morathi.

Compare:

Similarities are definitely there.
[close]

It's a take on Giger's Li pieces which were inspiration for Shaw in Covenant.

[cancerblack]

With a hearty helping of Species thrown in, although the similarities there were already pronounced.

Local Trouble

It's actually what I'd like to see Ripley 8 mutate into after AR.  It would be a fresh direction to take her character.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed