Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,650 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 04, 2021, 06:39:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1oTOw_ugg

Had a guest appearance for this channel and expressed my displeasure at issue #3. Read off a few of your comments from here also to give a sense of how the hardcore crowd is feeling, with credit of course.

Larroca is a character of the Alien Universe:laugh:

Yeah, he should breakdown the references in order to create his own design, instead of just tracing or doing something using a single reference when it comes to new creatures, but above all know how to draw the Alien, especially Giger's. That was a cool conversation. Also, I didn't know you're a big Resident Evil fan. That's great.

Edit - I'm glad I can like the prequels without you hating me for it.  😉

RidgeTop

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 05, 2021, 10:40:15 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 04, 2021, 06:39:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1oTOw_ugg

Had a guest appearance for this channel and expressed my displeasure at issue #3. Read off a few of your comments from here also to give a sense of how the hardcore crowd is feeling, with credit of course.

Larroca is a character of the Alien Universe:laugh:

Yeah, he should breakdown the references in order to create his own design, instead of just tracing or doing something using a single reference when it comes to new creatures, but above all know how to draw the Alien, especially Giger's. That was a cool conversation. Also, I didn't know you're a big Resident Evil fan. That's great.

Edit - I'm glad I can like the prequels without you hating me for it.  😉

Glad you enjoyed the discussion! Yep, I've been into Resident Evil since the PSone days, played every one except Outbreak File 2 and Gaiden.

There are elements I can really enjoy about the prequels and I of course have respect for fans who like them. End of the day, we're all fans. Hell I'm even kind of hoping we get that third prequel just to tie all that up and see how much crazier Ridley's ideas can get.

The comic just isn't doing it for me and I can't get past how lazy the art is. SizzyBubbles had a nice little example of using toy reference the right way:

https://twitter.com/SizzyBubbles/status/1386869182789087241

Xiggz456

Sales are still going strong! Issue 3 was the 25th best seller for May (finally fell behind Star Wars).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jun 14, 2021, 02:03:54 PM
Sales are still going strong! Issue 3 was the 25th best seller for May (finally fell behind Star Wars).

I'm still apprehensive to celebrate. Marvel did a great launch with Alien, a fantastic launch, but we really have to see where it bottoms out first and finds that consistent readership base. I'm not loving these steep drops.

Issues:
1 - #2 in units / #2 in dollars
2 - #14 in units / #17 in dollars
3 - #25 in units / #37 in dollars

Xiggz456

There's generally drops as issues progress and I actually expected Alien to drop to around the 100th bestseller. So needless to say sales are indeed still strong: for reference Issue 3 of the Original Screenplay was the 141st bestseller and Issue 3 of Rescue was the 228th bestseller. That's the thing: anything under the top 100 is f**king great for Alien and worthy of acknowledgment.

Nukiemorph

Biggest gripe with issue 4 was the alien pose in this panel:
Spoiler
[close]

SiL

SiL

Jesus Christ the dialogue. Why?

Also yeah, would be nice if they could at least try to pose the Aliens dynamically.

HuDaFuK

That legit looks like someone's badly photoshopped an Alien toy into a different comic.

426Buddy

Beyond bad

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 16, 2021, 07:37:56 AM
Spoiler
[close]

That's literally reads as a toy being held just off panel... :-X

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2021, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 16, 2021, 07:37:56 AM
Spoiler
[close]

That's literally reads as a toy being held just off panel... :-X

It really does. There's no attempt to make it look like the Alien is actually gripping.

apc

apc

426Buddy

But hey its selling well so I guess that's what people want? They want garbage.

I see praise on FB all the time for how good the "art" is.

Nightmare Asylum

Just read this. :-X

The_Nostromo_Files

I'm enjoying them. I don't usually care for comic books because the can be confusing to read. I welcome seeing them jump-start from a different story point not just another variation of the Aliens plot line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed