Alien Covenant Trailer Coming Christmas Day

Started by Enoch, Dec 24, 2016, 02:00:44 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Trailer Coming Christmas Day (Read 21,022 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 24, 2016, 09:40:59 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 24, 2016, 09:31:09 PM
What time? :)

About 8 hours from now I think.
What time zone is the embargo using? Actually just give me hicks timezone, just to be sure. :P

Corporal Hicks

It ends 9pm PST.

Murph Morph

@Infected I totally agree! I think we'll finally get the treat a lot of us hoped for back with Prometheus but never received.
This time I think the emphasis will be more on horror judging by all the info so far, in other words an ALIEN film.

Daz1999

It seems the engineers aren't going to have a big part in this judging by all the info so far, personally I'm happy about that.
Can't wait til tomorrow, I wonder what fox's sleigh looks like

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 24, 2016, 08:21:07 PM
These "queen" theories ;D seriously I hate to break it up to you guys but Ridley's vision never and will never include the Queen, it was James' more straightforward idea of xeno reproduction that was partly inspired by termites (look it up.) This was repeated and tweaked in the following films with the new reproduction organ idea in Resurrection.

Ridley had a much more larger yet ambigous scope on things that later expanded into to a completely different path with the Engineers and the dangerous biological altering goo.

Scott was upset that he wasn't invited back to do the sequel and thought it should have gone back to examine the derelict, but loved what Cameron did and thought it was a great way to do a follow-up. The pair are good friends now (as they both also are with Fincher, too). Giger was also initially gravely disappointed he wasn't invited on the production, but also ultimately loved it (especially the Queen design).

What we saw in 'Alien' were not largely Scott's ideas, but mostly those of O'Bannon and the producers.

Not sure if he's ever watched the director's cut, where the derelict's included. That might have softened his initial feelings over that subject (it wasn't until many years later that this became available).

Personally, my guess is that a Queen laying eggs won't be shown, not because of artistic reasons, but simply so that they can use the budget for other stuff. What eggs we'll see will already be pre-existing by the time the crew gets there. If a Queen does show up, I'll consider that a surprise.

John Doe

Fox could put this for us, hahaha:

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 24, 2016, 04:43:57 PM
in my country x-mas starts with 24. i live in Europe so yeah 24th could be called x-mas day

24th is Christmas eve ;)

Quote from: Jenny Quantum on Dec 24, 2016, 06:28:07 PM
I thought Eggmorphing was already canon; like in absence of a Queen, a Xenomorph would still manage to continue its species by turning to eggmorph the humans or other living beings. After all it's a perfect organism.

They aren't perfect with their so-called "intelligence" if they can't create a civilisation, just being good at killing...as for that what is their defense against our nukes? Hissing? All we need is huge robot armies n drones n quarantine n we would wipe out the xenos.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Christmas Day is on the 25th in entire Europe too! But you celebrate on Christmas Eve in some countries which is on the 24th. Please understand, you don't change the name of the day just because you....I can't do this.

QuoteThey aren't perfect with their so-called "intelligence" if they can't create a civilisation, just being good at killing...as for that what is their defense against our nukes? Hissing? All we need is huge robot armies n drones n quarantine n we would wipe out the xenos.

In the original script the alien kills Ripley, eats her brain and sends the final transmission with her voice...so it really was intelligent in Scott's original vision. Then they became cannon fodder.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Over here in the UK its now December 25th, however it maybe a fair wait before the trailer is officially unveiled

szkoki

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 25, 2016, 12:31:15 AM
Christmas Day is on the 25th in entire Europe too! But you celebrate on Christmas Eve in some countries which is on the 24th. Please understand, you don't change the name of the day just because you....I can't do this.

QuoteThey aren't perfect with their so-called "intelligence" if they can't create a civilisation, just being good at killing...as for that what is their defense against our nukes? Hissing? All we need is huge robot armies n drones n quarantine n we would wipe out the xenos.

In the original script the alien kills Ripley, eats her brain and sends the final transmission with her voice...so it really was intelligent in Scott's original vision. Then they became cannon fodder.

some of you guys are taking this topic too serious i guess :D

Astronoë

Astronoë

Humanity has colonized the galaxy and have strict quarantine between world's, Ripley mentioned it in passing. First there's the fear of alien bacteria n stuff n there's has to have been some outbreaks considering the sheer amount of systems in the galaxy we colonized in a short time. Considering humanity is still around n thriving they must have overcome bio threats n won't be caught unprepared.
Even if Xenomorphs could somehow infect one world, they couldn't do it against all our worlds with humanity unawares.
2nd our armies would be better n with robots n drones n stuff, the xenos would hit a wall.

Humans despite their faults are better survivors than xenos, only in movies could we be threatened, unprepared, undergun'd n stupidity exists to drive the story forwards...

I would be more afraid of the Predators who have all the tools to overcome humanity..stronger, very intelligent n better technology.
Xenomorphs lack all the tools needed to tip the scales..

The Xenomorphs would need to at least be at the same level as the Zerg to be a threat (Zerg would eat xenomorphs alive) those (Zerg) were overblown as well (no defense against long range weapons n nukes).
Predators choose not to wipe us out even though they could, the Protoss as well, isn't that true supremacy? Feeling secure in their power.
Xenomorphs though kill whatever's in front of them with no vision n always feeling everything is a threat to them. They are limited...

dallevalle

Uhuhuhuh cannot wait !

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2016, 09:59:57 PM
It ends 9pm PST.
So 7pm HST. Thanks Hicks. Sure can't wait to find that boding alien egg under my Christmas tree. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed