Alien Covenant Trailer Coming Christmas Day

Started by Enoch, Dec 24, 2016, 02:00:44 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Trailer Coming Christmas Day (Read 21,019 times)

hfeldhaus

Well they've been putting stuff out midday in Britain so they're probably using UTC time. Tomorrow afternoon most likely.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Bworko on Dec 24, 2016, 05:20:46 PM
Sure they were laid by a proto queen. But we will not see her in this film. Scott will be obliging in the upcoming films to introduce the queen again since she has a key role in Alien biology.

There is no confirmation or denial that the Queen will show up in this film or the next one.  There's not even confirmation or denial that the eggs were the result of a Queen or via eggmorphing.  At this point, the eggs could have come from anything.

Predatorium

Christmas day is 25th everywhere. However Christmas is celebrated on Christmas EVE in many countries whis is the 24th. I hope this clarifies things.

Russ840

I think they will go the route of 'egg morphing' and the queen will be the eventual evolution.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 24, 2016, 05:51:48 PM
I think they will go the route of 'egg morphing' and the queen will be the eventual evolution.

It's about time they made this officially canon. Or maybe it already is because of the release of the Director's Cut? Anyway it's long over due.

Look forward to seeing the trailer. I'm betting it will be good. Fox knows how to make movies look good. Even shitty ones.

KillCrites

Even small things like this bring me the biggest amounts of joy. I'm so excited for this movie.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 24, 2016, 05:51:48 PM

This is my guess as well... if for no other reason Ridley has already shown a willingness to plumb the depths of Alien's backlog of unused ideas when making Prometheus.  Since eggmorphing has not been officially acknowledged by the series due to it's existence being present only in the Directors Cut (something which Ridley has gone on record many times stating he stands by the theatrical cut of the film as his Director's Cut and the 2003 edit was more as a gift to the fans and a result of looking at the film for 25+ years and fixing little small minutia), I can easily see him using that idea in Covenant. 

I kinda figure eggmorphing is the Neomorph's original (read: biologicial) method of reproduction and the Queen is something that came about as a result of David's tinkering with the accelerant (possibily playing Dr Frankenstein with Shaw). 

Russ840

I think a more reasonable explaination is that all the eggs on the derelict are first generation and this will use egg morphing to propergate.

Going by things we have read and the fears of some. If David has tinkered with some creature, the neomorph?, and the result is something like big chap, then I would surmise that the initial way that the creature reproduces is via egg morphining. But due to the Accelerant having a part to play in the creation of the Big chap type creature, the later generations would naturally result in a Queen, due to the accelerant causing evolution/mutations, being born and her more efficient way of reproducing takes over.

I say more efficient as each Xenomorph would require one host as opposed to 2.

This could also give us a reason for the ridge headed aliens. They are all from the queens eggs.

Just my theory, does it make any sense ?   Lol

Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum

I thought Eggmorphing was already canon; like in absence of a Queen, a Xenomorph would still manage to continue its species by turning to eggmorph the humans or other living beings. After all it's a perfect organism.

Russ840

That's never been confirmed anywhere. It's more of a fan theory.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Jenny Quantum on Dec 24, 2016, 06:28:07 PM
I thought Eggmorphing was already canon; like in absence of a Queen, a Xenomorph would still manage to continue its species by turning to eggmorph the humans or other living beings. After all it's a perfect organism.

I avoid using the word "canon" because it tends to cause a lot of disagreement over what is and isn't "canon".  That being said, most fans do consider it canon to a greater or lesser extent... but the fact that it's never been referenced in any of the movies except for that one deleted scene tends to make the issue problematic.  Especially for those that aren't familiar with the EU material where eggmorphing is played with more often. 

Ask ten random people on the street where they think the eggs on the Derelict came from, chances are very good the majority will say the eggs came from a Queen, even though eggmorphing is not only shown in the deleted scene, but also foreshadowed by some dialog in the movie (if memory serves, Lambert asks what happened to the rest of the crew while exploring the Jockey chamber).  Your average joe (haha!) knows of the Queen because she is pop culture.  Eggmorphing?  That's a fan topic due to it's non-existence in the remainder of the movies.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Omg i never thought of that, the entire crew of the derelict ARE the eggs!! Cool...Nah it looks lile a cargo hold. It's got a layer of lasermist covering it

whiterabbit

Somebody wake up hicks.

Corporal Hicks

What's up?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Mike, Christmas day is the 25th December and that's the global recognition of it... No idea where you got your "for most of europeans, christmas day is 24th of december" from....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed