What Is AvP's Running Time?

Started by Darkness, Jul 29, 2004, 09:49:19 PM

Author
What Is AvP's Running Time? (Read 16,638 times)

Somebody

Somebody

I think, that given that the movie had about 70 million dollars of budget, it pushed the movie to the limits. What I mean, is that the pyramid, and the sets are simply AWESOME.! Did you guys see in the production photos and trailers how nice the pyramid and the Queen looks like? I like it very much. THey've done a very good job with 70 million dollars. I am very sad and angry about the rating, but life does go on...     :-\      *drinking* here's to a good movie!!!!

Predgirl

Predgirl

You boys already making a judgement over this movie again and again and again.  Is complaining the only thing all of you know or its just me.  I thought we all were big fans of AVP, but all I see is haters if you fans be fans come on.  If you so worried about the movie then don't see it.  I been waiting for this and I can't wait to see it.  So you complainers be quiet and go complain about something than the same thing over and over its getting old.   So it 100 mins so what it almost like the Predator 1 that was about 109 mins so whats the big deal. At least I can stay for the whole movie without going to the restroom.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Predgirl your one of those sheep im talking about, every comment you say is nothing of your own, but just repeats of other comments made by more intelligent people that you cant come up with by yourself and i wouldnt be talking to much smack cause theres allot of people on here that will send you away cryin if you press the right buttons.And most of us arnt bitching about the movie in general but the fact that key feattures needed to be in this film arnt, were not saying we hate this movie and hope it fails,I know im not,just that allot of important details and things like i would have wanted to see in this wont make it into this movie.It would be pretty dumb and premature seeing as no one has seen this film in its entirety yet to go boldly out and say that this film has no chance what so ever and that you hate everything in it.Now SOMEBODY made very good points on how all of the sets look uderly amazing for the lack of funds you think would be needed to pull off some of the stuff in this movie and I enjoy seeing the new killer pred designs and so forth. So stop trying to be cool and sound like a smartass and a  know it all, because your far from it

ALIEN WARRIOR

ALIEN WARRIOR

i'm mad that its gonna be only 100 minutes for AVP and also that its PG-13 but come on people we're Alien and Predator fans on here and we're too busy being so pissed off about this. for christ sakes people this is AVP we're talking about not some other movie this is the movie that we all been dying to see. i for one am going to see AVP and i still think it'll be good even though the rating and the time for the movie sucks but still people its the xenomorph vs the yautja. i cant wait to see these 2 alien lifeforms on the silver screen. i want everyone on here to quit their goddamn cripping about the movie's running time to see the movie to see how it is and then you people could crip all you want about AVP if it sucked. we all havent seen the movie yet and i know fox screwed it up i understand but this is Alien vs Predator need i say more people.

i agree with everything you said Hybrid about AVP. you and me are true Alien and Predator fans on here and there are some fans on here that are true to the movies.

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Could you even be happy with an X rated AVP with a running time of 19hours?  I bet some of you sorry turkeys would still find something to complain about, it's what you do.  If you're unhappy, seriously go and make your own film I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Torch

Torch

An X-rated AVP with a running time of 19 hours?  That would be f*cking sweet!!  There could be PLENTY of time for character developement, get the whole AVP backstory (i.e., how they come together, why they're even fighting, and where they come from).  Plus we would get TONS of blood, TONS of gore, and a sh*tload of swearing.    Talk about a dream!

Plus we could even get a few 30-min. Alien/Pred fights.

Glenn X

Glenn X

I was hoping for longer, but 100 minutes is a decent length -- mainly because it allows a filmmaker (even in this current era of incredibly long end-credit crawls) to get in at least 90-95 minutes of narrative and characterization and, in this case, action set-pieces.  Yes, the optimist in me hoped the film would be longer, way longer, James Cameron-style longer.  However, the realist in me always figured that that was unlikely.  Moreover, I recently re-watched John Carpenter's excellent Escape from New York, which is only 99 minutes long, and marveled at just how lean and muscular and utterly exciting it still is.  There's not a wasted moment in that entire film and it leaves you wanting for more, not wearily wishing it to end before it does.  If AVP, at a mere 60 seconds longer than Escape from New York, can pull off that same feat, I'll be pleased.

SFA

SFA

Where did the quote come from that you won't see and Aliens or Predator action till about an hour into the film? Was it Anderson that said that? Because if that's so, either he's a liar (already looking very likely) or FOX have forced them to edit it to shit. I wouldn't be suprised if they are actually f**king Anderson over like they did with Fincher.  First a PG-13 film and now a Generation-Y friendly running time. GOOD GOING FOX! At this rate, you'll RAKE in the cash when Burger King puts Predators on their Milkshakes for the sequel.

Midian_After_Dark

Midian_After_Dark

TYPICAL P. Anderson movie mostly action and very little story building

true AvP fan

true AvP fan

you know the really messed up part, everyone is saying that the DVD will kick ass, because all of the uncut scenes will be in there, and yes, it will then probably warrant an R rating, which is really good, and i can't wait, but don't all of us want to see the really good stuff on the theatre screen, that's the best, instead we are going to have to settle for seeing the better version on our tv's.  Well at least there will be a better version, and i'm not saying the theatre movie won't be good, i'm just saying that the uncut, unedited, R version will be the best.

MoBiUG

MoBiUG

There might not even be a directors cut, jesus. What makes you so certain this film has been chopped up? Don't you think there's a good chance Anderson and Co made the film they set out to and it just happens to pass as a PG13? Chestbursters through pred vision = stylistic choice. And obviously this passes a PG13.  Please... Let it go. Enjoy the film.

MoBiUG

MoBiUG

Running time and rating? It's conjecture.  1 - Anderson and Fox might be really happy with the end product, it may well be the exact film they set out to make. It just happens to fit the PG13 bracket after stylistic choice, eg chest bursters through pred vision.  2 - This could be the most hardcore 100 minutes EVER. What would be the point in dragging it out if it affected rock solid pacing? You'd rather it plod for two hours if it can blaze through 1hr and 40 minutes like a flaming cheetah?   No you personally, just those with the beef.

flonge

flonge

Anderson is a quick cutter so it didn't suprise me, but he manages to do alot things in little time, so a 100 min PA film is like 130 James Cameroon film ;)  but more would be more pleasing...  it shouldn't be a second less than 100min.

J

J

The thing is peeps, when were all watching this movie were hardly going to be checking our watchs every 5 minutes to find out its proper length time   ???   the plain - ass fact is that it will be LONG enough  I remember PA said that due to how much footage was taken he had to trim alot ( I think thats what he said over at IGN)  O YES, check my version of the intro  sequel of this movie, AVP 2 if you haven't already over at ' Report from comic - con '

Cetanu

Cetanu

xx13 have you been paying absolutely no attention, man I cant stand people who dont have a clue before they post. This whole topic is about the film possibly being 100 minutes, and your still whining about it being 1 hr 27 min, gimme a break, come back when you have a legit reason to be critical of AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed