UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating

Started by Qwertify, May 22, 2012, 05:45:23 AM

Author
UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating (Read 30,672 times)

Ooze on First

Well...I have to admit that for the very first time, I'm a little bit disappointed with Prometheus info.
I can only hope that the American 'R' version is slightly different, with more of the good stuff.

Good stuff being naked wimmins and unspeakable gore.

RoyaleDuke

Well that was decidedly anticlimactic.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 23, 2012, 02:08:36 AM
Well...I have to admit that for the very first time, I'm a little bit disappointed with Prometheus info.
I can only hope that the American 'R' version is slightly different, with more of the good stuff.

Don't count on it, The Matrix was a very soft R in the united states. No gore, no nudity, not very many f-bombs either. That movie was rated also rated 15 in the UK if I'm correct for 'strong sci fi violence'.

deepelemblues

Those details seem suspiciously un-detailed...

zoidy

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 23, 2012, 02:08:36 AM

The "detailed report" just gives you examples of the kind of thing you will see. It says there will be gore, blood, and uses the breaking bone as an example.

Also, the UK version is uncut, so it's the same version as US R (if anything, the R is more likely to be cut)

ChrisPachi

It is a justification for the rating, not a full run down of the gory bits. What is interesting is how they say that for half of the film the main characters will be under serious threat. This ties in to what Lindelof says in the recent Verge interview; that half-way through the film something happens that causes the characters to fight for their lives.

So it's Alien with a longer first act? Nice! ;)

robbritton

These days you'd only get an 18 over here if you had strong sexual scenes or much use of the specific C-word and MF-word.
A 15 in 2012 for gore is pretty much the equivalent of an 18 in 1979 and 1986. I'd not be in the least bit surprised if it turns out to me the goriest Alien movie thus far.

Xenomorphine

BAD LANGUAGE! O NOEZ! :o

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 22, 2012, 11:53:10 PM
If Halle Berry's brief exposed breasts scene in Swordfish added $500000 to her fee ... imagine how much Charlize Theron's would fetch. Ridely got to keep the budget down with those surgical bandages.

Probably not much more. She's not in the Hollywood leagues of someone like Kate Beckinsale and some actors, male and female, really don't give a damn about getting their kit off on screen.

Amusingly, Beckinsale, who was conned into going topless on one of her earliest films, revealed years later that she pissed in the director's tea in revenge, without him ever realising. :D

Personally speaking, I don't care about nudity. Less is very often more, IMO. Interesting that Scott, who once famously said that sex scenes are boring unless you're personally involved, seems to be:

Spoiler
Including one here.
[close]

RagingDragon

That's interesting.  I thought the UK was more lax with sex but strict on violence.  Opposite here in America, but honestly in the past ten years I don't even understand the rating system anymore.  PG-13 is easiliy what a rated R movie was barely 5 years ago.

About the sex scene comment:

Spoiler
I think it's safe to assume that the sex scene in this movie has quite the huge damn purpose ^
[close]

ChrisPachi

QuoteIt also includes some undetailed verbal sex references and a brief scene in which a couple start to have sex

EGM1966

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 23, 2012, 01:33:02 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/416152862_e6ce991962.jpg

If Halle Berry's brief exposed breasts scene in Swordfish added $500000 to her fee ... imagine how much Charlize Theron's would fetch. Ridely got to keep the budget down with those surgical bandages.

Probably not much more. She's not in the Hollywood leagues of someone like Kate Beckinsale and some actors, male and female, really don't give a damn about getting their kit off on screen.

Amusingly, Beckinsale, who was conned into going topless on one of her earliest films, revealed years later that she pissed in the director's tea in revenge, without him ever realising. :D

Personally speaking, I don't care about nudity. Less is very often more, IMO. Interesting that Scott, who once famously said that sex scenes are boring unless you're personally involved, seems to be:

Spoiler
Including one here.
[close]
Well in this case it would seem the sex scene is dictated by plot necessity (that alien fetus isn't getting into Shaw all by itself) and Scott has clearly kept it to the minimum required to convey what's going on so I guess he really does find them boring to shoot!

Never heard the Beckinsdale story before - pretty funny.

Ooze on First

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 23, 2012, 01:33:02 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/416152862_e6ce991962.jpg

Spoiler
Including one here.
[close]

Kate Beckinsale can pee in my tea any time she wants.  :-*

Deuterium

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 23, 2012, 03:52:25 PM
Kate Beckinsale can pee in my tea any time she wants.  :-*

;D

Kate Beckinsale is absolutely a stunning, a classic beauty...the kind of which can fit in both modern cinema, or just as easily in the golden age.  Timeless.  I get why the young'uns go ape shit over Scarlett Johansson, really, I do...but in my fantasy world, I would choose Kate to be on my arm (I am a gentleman, after all) over Scarlett, Jessica Alba, etc. any day.

Plus, she is just so damn classy.

OpenMaw

I don't know Deut. When I think classy, I don't think "Pissed in the director's tea."

I'm just saying! Maybe i'm weird...

Deuterium

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 23, 2012, 05:20:46 PM
I don't know Deut. When I think classy, I don't think "Pissed in the director's tea."

I'm just saying! Maybe i'm weird...

Ha ha, true that.  But besides the peeing story (which is probably apocryphal), she is damn classy, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed