Sigourney Wants To Resurrect Ripley

Started by Darkness, Jun 30, 2008, 09:00:38 PM

Author
Sigourney Wants To Resurrect Ripley (Read 18,746 times)

Darkness

There’s a small article over on OK! which says actress Sigourney Weaver is considering resurrecting the Ripley character and wants to do Alien 5 with Ridley Scott.

“The Hollywood actress is considering resurrecting her most famous character – shaven-headed, muscle-bound Alien heroine Ellen Ripley.

“I would definitely do another if I had a director like Ridley Scott and we had a good idea,” she says of the classic sci-fi movie franchise. “Ridley is enthusiastic about it.”

It’s definitely positive this time. It’s a real shame that the likes of James Cameron or Ridley Scott are unable to persuade Fox to make this movie. Thanks to wmmvrrvrrmm for the news.

Xhan

Xhan

...  this is only what, the fiftieth time she's "considered it".

Mr. Weyland

If only FOX wouls consider doing a 5th Alien movie.    :-\  

Clark

Clark

The Fox Brass comes and goes on almost a daily basis. It's only a matter of time before the next Ladd Jr. comes along and sees the potential in resurrecting (no pun intended) this classic franchise.  If there is a will, people, there is always a way. Power to Scott, Cameron and Weaver!!

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

::)   No More Ripley! This is the Alien saga not the Ripley Saga. I think people have forgotten that you don 't need her to make a good Alien film. Besides it would have to be a sequel to Resurrection which sucked,big time. Just remake Alien 3 with Hicks and Newt that would rule!

Hickson

Hickson

God help us. Pleas,e put your powerfull fingers on the fox's head and make them do an Alien 5. Scott + Cameron + Ripley = PWNAGE.

topman

i personally think that they should leave it alone now because the trend is to go downwards now adays

gameoverman

I didn't want Ripley back but after the dreadful AVP films I would love for to come back.

War Wager

Yes, yes, yes! Please Fox think about the money!

Corporal Hicks

I would love for an Alien5, if only to bring back awesomeness to a great franchise and to get away from the AvP crap and to wrap up Ripley's story.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

::)   No more Ellen Ripley. Let her RIP.    I agree with Darkness’ sentiments, in that if only Scott and Cameron could persuade Fox to make Alien 5 with them.

gameoverman

You need Sigourney Weaver in Alien 5 - she is a huge box office draw, and the movie simply cannot be made without her.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

I know the pull she has / once had.  But you could make an Alien movie without her and spend that money it would cost to employ her on other things. Like distributing the wealth out to employ a wider selection of equally talented actors / actresses.  I saw her in Be Kind Rewind the other day, and she is no longer the youthful female action gal she used to be. Also I am assuming her stance on firearms hasn’t changed over the years. I think she brings too much personal baggage to the franchise. (See A:R).  Scott and / or Cameron could definitely make Alien 5 without her.

The Diesel

Yeah, James Cameron and Ridley Scott for the win.

War Wager

I saw her in Be Kind Rewind the other day, and she is no longer the youthful female action gal she used to be. Also I am assuming her stance on firearms hasn’t changed over the years. I think she brings too much personal baggage to the franchise. (See A:R).   Scott and / or Cameron could definitely make Alien 5 without her.  _________________________  She doesn't need a gun to be in an Alien movie, see Alien3. Scott and Cameron won't make an Alien V without Weaver, they're smarter than that. Ripley's story deserves to be concluded and it's great that the original creators want that to happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed