New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 49,723 times)

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 31, 2017, 12:48:13 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 31, 2017, 12:06:19 PMAnd no, I don't think there are two ships. But who knows.

Spoiler
The footage started with an arc-like ship flying in the air. Think of it like an upside-down U, with the opening at the bottom. It then links with the iconic ship we recognise from LV-426 and other Alien films — the craft is a similar shape, but is flying in a different configuration. They link with their open ends, kind of like a puzzle...

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/03/theres-a-scene-in-alien-covenant-that-shows-destruction-on-a-whole-new-horrific-level/

The footage opened with a bunch of ships hovering over a civilization...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77536
[close]

We know nothing.

Quote from: imbrie on Mar 31, 2017, 12:57:48 PM
The Gizmodo article also corroborates others about
Spoiler
the beings wiped out by David are something between Engineer and Human.
[close]

Hope their right.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 31, 2017, 12:09:55 PM
Then I'm hoping Paradise is just one of their sacred worlds,

I'm hoping Ridley kicks the bucket before he makes another of these films.

1. That was rude.
2. You haven't seen Covenant yet.
3. If you don't like the way the story goes then don't watch it. Simple.

fernandito

fernandito

perhaps the classic u shape of the derelict-like ships sightly changes configuration when in "bombing mode"

Pvt. Himmel

..and maybe someone at Fox can
give this franchise back to Walter Hill and Giler.

Let me guess... IMDB right??

Cavalorn

Cavalorn

Oh crikey this is exciting. Taps right into the whole religious theme that began with Prometheus, but not in the sucky way I'd feared.

And it adds some serious context to the word 'Covenant', too.

Spoiler

Much like the Biblical myth of the flood, David destroys the engineers in a deluge. But instead of a rain of water, it's a rain of black goo. And instead of God setting his rainbow arch in the sky as a sign, we've got the crescent-shaped Juggernaut.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed... they are a dying species, grasping for resurrection."

I'll just add that to the mountain of blatant Space Jesus references...
[close]

rabidranger

The ships linking together is kind of cool. Wasn't the ship at the beginning of Prometheus more of a traditional oval shape?

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 01:29:31 PM
The ships linking together is kind of cool. Wasn't the ship at the beginning of Prometheus more of a traditional oval shape?

Yep, more like a traditional flying saucer.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote"What you're about to see is a small window into the hell that awaits our characters at their arrival on a strange human world," Scott said in the video. "I hope it scares the shit out of you."

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 31, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
Oh crikey this is exciting. Taps right into the whole religious theme that began with Prometheus, but not in the sucky way I'd feared.

Spoiler

Much like the Biblical myth of the flood, David destroys the engineers in a deluge. But instead of a rain of water, it's a rain of black goo. And instead of God setting his rainbow arch in the sky as a sign, we've got the crescent-shaped Juggernaut.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed... they are a dying species, grasping for resurrection."

[close]

Looks like such a cheap cop-out!

I mean David simply bombs them for what? It was clear by the end of Prometheus that Shaw wanted to know the 'why' answer. She went to learn more. Not to kill the Engineers. And why would David want to kill the Engineers, if it was his sole decision? He is least bothered to save humans on Earth. He was curious robot and wanted to learn and understand the Engineers universe. He was enjoying so much in exploring the juggernaut, hologram recordings, understanding and decoding their language etc. Why would he want to destroy them and all and choose to live alone just to create demons out of the black goo? All alone!

It's way out of the characters of David and Shaw. Can't digest it!

Prez

Prez

I said I wouldn't read any spoiler laden articles for this film and whaddya know...

Here I am again!

MUST. STOP. READING. FARKIN!

:o

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Mar 31, 2017, 01:41:07 PM

Spoiler

[close]

I mean David simply bombs them for what? It was clear by the end of Prometheus that Shaw wanted to know the 'why' answer. She went to learn more. Not to kill the Engineers. And why would David want to kill the Engineers, if it was his sole decision? He is least bothered to save humans on Earth. He was curious robot and wanted to learn and understand the Engineers universe. He was enjoying so much in exploring the juggernaut, hologram recordings, understanding and decoding their language etc. Why would he want to destroy them and all and choose to live alone just to create demons out of the black goo? All alone!

You'll probably have to watch the film to find out if there are any answers.

Necronomicon II

Remember that Wayne Haag stated that the origins of the creature are still left a mystery ("it's about the tech that's found"); a refined/perfected creature of unknown origin is still an "alien", yet it's nonetheless something that strangely enough is perfectly adapted to kill humans/humanoids...                                                   Also consider that a film can still be great even if it's contrary to your canonical desires.

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 31, 2017, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Mar 31, 2017, 01:41:07 PM

Spoiler

[close]

You'll probably have to watch the film to find out if there are any answers.

Right.

Because I see lot of such Spoilers fake and mere fan-fiction.

In one such Spoilers, I read that David fused his own DNA with the proto-xenomorph to create the classical biomechanical Xenomorph. I mean WTF! How could an android have a DNA?

I think the Engineers' world has been devastated by a different race of aliens. And David and Shaw just happened to visit post apocalypse and were simply surviving the hostile environment until the Covenant crews arrived.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Meh ;/ so it looks like those leaks were saying truth,so now we know entire movie,and i dont like the stroy from those leaks...

Sgt. Shanx

You just wished death on another human being who has personally done nothing to you...maybe David 8 is right..humanity has become cruel...weak and greedy...smdh

..and maybe someone at Fox can
give this franchise back to Walter Hill and Giler.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed