Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 73,968 times)

RidgeTop

Director Neill Blomkamp, who was set to direct the alternate-sequel “Alien 5,” before it was indefinitely shelved, has shared some additional artwork via his Instagram. The pictures show a dropship docked in a hangar, as well as a Xenomorph emerging from the darkness in a ventilation shaft.

Xenomorph in Vent

Blomkamp also showed some conceptual character designs on Twitter, while reiterating the project as “never to be made.”

This is the first media share from the project by Blomkamp in a good while. However unlikely, with Disney in the process of acquiring the franchise assets of 20th Century Fox, we have to wonder if they might bring this project back into consideration. Blomkamp himself seemed amused at the suggestion:

The art is impressive and even if this project is never made, we’d love to see a book detailing these works.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

SM

Nice.

Beatnation

Not near as strong as the first concept art he shared last year, this guy sucks at directing movies anyway.

Covenant

Covenant

"Just going through the volume of art created for this never to be made aliens sequel." --_blomkamp... Once again another false spam article to stir the pot. not happening. Alien Awakening/Covenant sequel from ridley is happening. quit posting this inaccurate bs and starting rumors.

Huggs

That drawing of the Alien in the shaft is awesome. You gotta love the xenomorph doing its thing. But seriously, if it's not going to be made, somebody release the script.

SM

Quote from: Covenant on Dec 27, 2017, 04:31:47 AM
"Just going through the volume of art created for this never to be made aliens sequel." --_blomkamp... Once again another false spam article to stir the pot. not happening. Alien Awakening/Covenant sequel from ridley is happening. quit posting this inaccurate bs and starting rumors.

What?  It said "never to be made aliens sequel".  What's false?

Whos_Nick

Disney needs to call him asap to resurrect this, I mean he had Weaver and Cameron backing his script.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Covenant on Dec 27, 2017, 04:31:47 AM

It's artwork that hasn't been seen, it's newsworthy. And I never said it has any chance of being made, as I say at the end we'd like a book of the artwork. But likely Disney will reassess the franchise after the box office performance of Covenant. Figured it was clear that I was just speculating.

Dabaus

This is going to happen. There's a reason fox didn't green light Ridleys sequel to covenant. Fox can read the tea leaves. Ridley is the only one who wants to watch fassbender play with his flute, the fans moved on along time ago.

SM

Fox have definitely canned the Covenant sequel then?

RidgeTop

Quote from: SM on Dec 27, 2017, 05:29:38 AM
Fox have definitely canned the Covenant sequel then?

That's just a rumor I believe.

SM

Quite.

One that is already perpetuating it would seem.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 27, 2017, 05:39:06 AM
That's just a rumor I believe.
From what I can tell, all blog rumor crawling was spawned from Carl Braga's comment:

"I was part of the crew, had the script for it and was on set while they shot it. The sequel to Covenant was originally due to start preproduction this month in Sydney. After the box office results, filming was cancelled, and a warehouse storage unit full of stuff was auctioned off a few months ago. So the original plan of pumping out another quickly has definitely changed with no immediate plans for anything."

Whos_Nick

Where'd he post that

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 27, 2017, 06:04:57 AM
Where'd he post that
That information is yours for only $3.99. I accept Paypal.

I'm kidding. Didn't save the page, give me a second, I'll dig for the link.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed