The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2018, 09:08:36 PM

Author
The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels (Read 14,218 times)

whiterabbit

I thought they were including the AVP universe in The Predator timeline? So that would make this the 6 movie. :)

Lionhart

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 11:00:42 AM
It is Predator 3 to me, it's the third Predator film in an earth setting. Predators like Alien Resurrection or Prometheus is something completely divergent.

I want to know what shane said about the placing of this movie. I haven't seen him mentioning anything about that this is p3 otherwise the movies title would have been predator 3

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He said in a recent video it's 4th.

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2018, 11:07:10 AM
He said in a recent figure it's 4.

So if this is p4 what was p3? (predators?)

Corporal Hicks

Yep.

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2018, 11:10:52 AM
Yep.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Lionhart on Jul 19, 2018, 11:03:21 AM

The film's title should have been Predator 3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Usually talk of sequels before a movie's even come out tend to worry me, but I like Black's comments that his primary focus was on making a self-contained movie.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah that reminds me of a guy, Ridley S. i believe...  :laugh:

MrPeterKeyes666

Would not be surprised if the sequels are AVP movies. With the comments from Comic Con and the added references added back in previous reshoots, plus a new 2 day reshoot next week(post credit scene?)- it's leading me to believe that's what is next.

funk_master_chunk

Can't be arsed with more AVP films - no offence as I know they do have their fans.

But the whole AVP aspect was so brilliant because it was a simple nod to another cinema great in a 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it' moment in P2.

Let sleeping dogs lie and focus on returning both franchises to their former glories.

With regards to direct sequels, I've just touched on it in another thread but one could follow Predators - something like the ark has all previous co-ords mapped and the kid can decipher what is where etc.

All the Super preds/bad bloods are dead; but the classics send scouting parties to see WTF has gone on. Humans get to the game reserve, yautja get to the game reserve - Game on!

Direct sequel to The Predator is business as usual for Yautja. It's hot. It's somewhere equatorial. Oh look - there's some guts on the floor and, what's that? Yep. Some poor sod strung upside down minus a few entrails.

Allow the Predators sequel to veer off into Dark Horse/non-canonical realms and give us a 'proper' entry to the Predator series with a direct sequel to this one.

I think that's all parties happy then. Series expansion *AND* classic Pred action with potential for tie-ins/crossovers.

DaddyYautja

Quote"This is an auteur-driven reimagining,"

So this is a new continuity?  ???

D88M

D88M

Funny, Shane recently said the opposite, but whatever, everybody wants to create a "cinematic universe" now.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 20, 2018, 12:47:18 AM
Quote"This is an auteur-driven reimagining,"

So this is a new continuity?  ???

Really? They already said this is a sequel to not only all Predator movies but also the AVP movies, for some reason.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The reason should be obvious enough. To appease the hardcore fans out there.

Yautja_Warrior

I'm fine if this movie is a set up for more movies and expand the Predator lore.

I'd like to see maybe some kind of clan war scenario. A clan of super Predators are causing chaos, so a clan of elite Predator's go on a hunt to stop them. It would just be good to see the classic Predators not treated like crap and have them be badass again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed