Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 34,580 times)

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 20, 2007, 06:32:02 PM
I love how the article says the townsfolk will start firing weapons with a seemingly practiced hand. That gives me hope. ::) Guess we'll see little ol' Ricky shooting Aliens with machine guns. "Shoot it in the f**king head!"
They were all ex-army, or their parents were in the army... Or their grandparents were in the army!

Dane

Dane

Well remember he is wearing a hat....
And mabye its about to fall off... 8)

Gacu666

Gacu666

Can anyone please make a scan or at least the photo of the Monster Invasion Preview of Fangoria 266 ?

Pretty please?

Or at least can anyone tell me which one was the FAKE picture in that preview and link it here?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 20, 2007, 06:16:28 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 20, 2007, 11:24:41 AM
Thats not a production shot Gates, its a promo shot of the alien, so the lighting there is right.

Actually, you're wrong. I screen-captured it, personally, straight from the scene on the DVD. It's part of the actual film. It's no promotional shot.
Either way the lighting is correct, so i was right about that after all, and actually, that was the point, the lighting.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, it's a nice article overall and it gives good insight into AVP:R, but there are a few ignorant statements that make me more concerned about the film's ability to stay faithful to the originals as well as the Aliens and Predators themselves.

For example:

1) "Who would win in a fight between a Predator and an Alien? The question here is who win a fight between a Predator and lots of Aliens?"

This is a rediculous question. Unless the Predator stays largely detached from the conflict and only takes on a couple Aliens at a time here and there with his advanced weapons, but I seriously doubt that's what the Strause Bros. intend to do. :-[

The only way this question can be posed is if the Aliens are dumbed down and/or the Predator is given god-like abilities. In essence both species would be skewed like they have in the comics, novels, and games.

2) "The movie will be canon. It will be faithful to the movies' history." -Colin Strause

Granted, the context of this statement is referring to the continuity of the Alien, Predator and AVP franchise, but if it's only the timeline that's canon in AVP:R, the movie really couldn't be considered truly canon. I'm just as concerned about the portrayal of both species and how accurate both of their physical and technical abilities and traits are as I am having seamless continuity. Unfortunately, so far, it's not looking like it. Or the premise of the film would be different. This is also quite worrying when considering my first comment.

Considering this is an AVP movie, it would be considered canon regardless. No matter how much a director screws it up. Which is exactly why it's so important to keep it accurate and faithful to the Alien and Predator films (not the comics and games) in EVERY sense. Anything added to the Alien/Predator mythos should be built upon them using sound logic. Of course, it depends greatly on their in-universe knowledge. Which I'm starting to doubt.

3) "We've pared back the armor because, now that he's not in the arctic, the feeling is he doesn't need all of the covering." -Tom Woodruff Jr.

I find this statement really baffling considering he's worked on the first AVP film greatly, yet doesn't he's ignorant as to why the Preds wore the extra armor. It wasn't because of the cold, it was because a) They're going to be combating Aliens (who can "see" them in any environment; have acid for blood, at least just as strong, tougher, faster, more agile and quite cunning; not humans)  b) They're young, fairly in-experienced Preds going through their right of passage ritual into adult-hood c) They're going to be combating Aliens.

The armor makes perfect sense for preds combating aliens, unless you turn them into god-like beings and the aliens into mindless, weak, insect-like animals. :'(

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Gates on Oct 20, 2007, 06:47:21 AM
Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 01:34:02 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6515/scan0002jk2.jpg

Everytime I look at that alien I get insulted...it's just ridiculous...first off it looks like the alien is smiling, it's looking to make out with Wolf...LAME...and also the damn dorsal tubes are hanging like limp di<ks...LAME... :-X

Is it really that hard to pull off a half decent alien? Seriously... :-\
I have to agree, but the thing I find the most insulting, is the Alien's small stature. Even if he's slightly crouched (which, typically, human gestated Alien warriors are about a foot taller than preds when standing upright) his body size is way too small.

Is that how Wolf is able to take on so many Alien warrior's. He's fighting Alien "midgets"? Or is he on some kind of steroid? I just hope the Strause Bros. don't screw up these two beloved creatures, let alone the movie. Because there'll be hell to pay. lol

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteNo he will not survive. In Red band trailer accid burned out his eyes, nose and whole facial part of the skull in few seconds, getting inside his head. It is hard to live with melted brain.

I was working under the impression that it was a different person, but rewatching the trailer, it probably is the same miserable bastard.

But my point still stands: Just because a person gets acid on their face does not guarantee death.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 20, 2007, 06:32:02 PM
I love how the article says the townsfolk will start firing weapons with a seemingly practiced hand. That gives me hope. ::) Guess we'll see little ol' Ricky shooting Aliens with machine guns. "Shoot it in the f**king head!"

I'm just a kid, younger then Ricky's character, and I go to the shooting range quite frequently and can shoot just fine. What's the problem?

War Wager

War Wager

Anyone can shoot a gun...  :P

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 20, 2007, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: Gates on Oct 20, 2007, 06:47:21 AM
Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 01:34:02 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6515/scan0002jk2.jpg

Everytime I look at that alien I get insulted...it's just ridiculous...first off it looks like the alien is smiling, it's looking to make out with Wolf...LAME...and also the damn dorsal tubes are hanging like limp di<ks...LAME... :-X

Is it really that hard to pull off a half decent alien? Seriously... :-\
I have to agree, but the thing I find the most insulting, is the Alien's small stature. Even if he's slightly crouched (which, typically, human gestated Alien warriors are about a foot taller than preds when standing upright) his body size is way too small.

Is that how Wolf is able to take on so many Alien warrior's. He's fighting Alien "midgets"? Or is he on some kind of steroid? I just hope the Strause Bros. don't screw up these two beloved creatures, let alone the movie. Because there'll be hell to pay. lol

The aliens in Aliens were short. They looked tall because of the angles, and that picture there is NOT in the film in that angle.
For one thing, those aren't the tubes. That is the tail. There are no tubes on that suit.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: War Wager on Oct 20, 2007, 11:56:38 PM
Anyone can shoot a gun...  :P

Ok, I'll give you a machine gun and see if you can fire it correctly, let alone without breaking something.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 21, 2007, 12:03:39 AM
[...] For one thing, those aren't the tubes. That is the tail. There are no tubes on that suit.

Are you blind!? That excuse makes ZERO sense. There are two separate dorsal tubes hanging, like limp di<ks as I said before, from the back...and what would a tail be doing coming out of its back and not it's a$$?

Thank you but try again next time...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 20, 2007, 11:09:35 PM
Either way the lighting is correct, so i was right about that after all, and actually, that was the point, the lighting.

Which makes it no different to most of the pictures we've seen of this film. :)

My point with that picture has always been that it looks vastly better than what we've got now, even though it was in the eighties, plus that the suits designed for details were significantly more than just spandex and stuff.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Isn't it amazing how the shots from movies made back in the 80's look better than current movies?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 21, 2007, 12:21:45 AM
Isn't it amazing how the shots from movies made back in the 80's look better than current movies?

Amazing and sad all at the same time... :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed