Alien: Ore Teaser Trailer Now Online! - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 16, 2019, 06:39:37 PM

Author
Alien: Ore Teaser Trailer Now Online! - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 38,494 times)

Komenja

I dug this one a lot. Ever since I saw Rodan I've always had a soft spot for "miners dig too deep and find a monster" stories. Also reminds me a bunch of the first Alien level in AvP Extinction.

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 20, 2019, 11:18:30 PM
Does the spiked head make the raven Canon?

Did someone say Canon thread?

Highland

Very good, but I'm still putting it behind Specimen which was much more original and introduced a twist style ending with something we've not really seen before. The lighting and editing in this one was probably the best out of everything, but Specimen is a more rounded short and does the most with the 10 minutes.

As a by the numbers Alien film this is about as good as you'll get, but I'm still hoping there's more specimen and less mini Alien films.

Solid 7.

1.Specimen
2. Ore
3 and 4 - Containment and Nightshift draw. 

Xenomrph

I'm more interested in the possibility of Alien eggs being hiding in the dark all over the place.

Highland

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2019, 06:49:14 AM
I'm more interested in the possibility of Alien eggs being hiding in the dark all over the place.

I did wonder if these shorts were to open up the series for a new movie thread since Alien eggs seem to be apparently everywhere.

I don't like the mine shaft thing though, seems a bit too - "Reign of Fire". It's fine for a short though.

Monster Man

Monster Man

All other priorities better be rescinded, nam I'm sayin'?

Spoiler
I like to think that those guys put up a pitiful fight and got torn spectacularly into by the Xenomorph. No Hollywood plot armor here.
[close]

Xenomrph

Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 21, 2019, 08:54:37 AM
All other priorities better be rescinded, nam I'm sayin'?

Spoiler
I like to think that those guys put up a pitiful fight and got torn spectacularly into by the Xenomorph. No Hollywood plot armor here.
[close]
That's pretty much how I pictured it going down, too. :P

Vermillion

Was good.
Really didn't need to see the beast lunging towards the camera at the end.
Atmosphere was spot on though.
8/10

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SlangOne on Apr 20, 2019, 10:31:40 AM
Pretty good...but why is every one of those shorts going for the slow-burn of Alien 1?
Seems nobody had the balls yet to make an action oriented one to honor Aliens which is disappointing to be honest.

'Aliens' was also slow burn. It's an hour or more until the audience sees the Aliens being encountered. It just doesn't feel like it, because Cameron manages to keep the tension going with genuine foreboding and even red herrings, like Ripley's dream scene.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen something unexpected, like a comedy, along the lines of this:

Still curious about the romance one which didn't win in the competition!

PAS-Spin

PAS-Spin

The Alien acutally doesn't have any spikes coming out of it's head, that looks like a piece of metal stabbed into it since we know they hit it at least once
Before it gets hit we can see it's fullbody and there is no spike
https://i.imgur.com/wtyumpp.png

Highland

It would be cool if one of them was based around the black goo or perhaps a spooky ship. Not sure if they can go there though.

There's only so many ideas you can come up with in 10 minutes that involve an egg or a chest burster.

SiL

SiL

They had to base it on the first film. .

bobcunk

How do they spell it in the states?

SiL

Ensure. Insure is usually reserved specifically for insurance, rather than to guarantee something.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2019, 02:55:44 AM
They had to base it on the first film. .

Seems kind of a loose framework - Alien/Android/Worker in space. They are still good, would have preferred more Specimen style though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed