Possibilities for Alien mods via Amnesia

Started by Eal, Jun 06, 2023, 02:05:15 AM

Author
Possibilities for Alien mods via Amnesia (Read 484 times)

Eal

I'm wondering if anyone with steam heard, but Amnesia: The Bunker and Dark Descent now have official workshop mod support. This means room for custom level design. This also includes custom enemy design...custom sound..etc. You could make an effective Alien: Nostromo mod with the HPL2 engine.

Xenomrph

Doesn't that already exist, and it's called 'Alien Isolation'?

Eal

If Alien: Isolation is all that you need and you're okay with a 16-hour campaign, sure. I'm talking about a proper fan mod, something like Aliens: Hope for the Future, but with the HPL engine.

Xenomrph

Well I mean, you're saying doing a Nostromo mod; Isolation already did exactly that.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I'd play that mod. I never played Isolation. I just watched someone play it on YouTube. If the HPL engine can provide better graphics and very new maps, then it would feel new enough for me.

Eal

Quote from: Shinawi on Jun 08, 2023, 11:02:02 AMI'd play that mod. I never played Isolation. I just watched someone play it on YouTube. If the HPL engine can provide better graphics and very new maps, then it would feel new enough for me.

I feel HPL's interactivity level and Frictional's design/experience of puzzles and avoiding monsters would work well with the plot of the original Alien. It'd be a bit hard to structure the story to fit a game though.

Still Collating...

Ooooo I'm definitely interested in that!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed