Alien/Aliens double bill on the big screen

Started by HuDaFuK, Feb 01, 2016, 12:35:27 PM

Author
Alien/Aliens double bill on the big screen (Read 1,317 times)

HuDaFuK

This came up recently in another thread and I thought maybe some people on here might be interested:

The Prince Charles Cinema in London is going to be doing an Alien & Aliens back-to-back double bill on Saturday 12th March (yes, I know, they used that shitty over-used AVP image for the poster, but nobody's perfect).

The cinema is just off of Leicester Square, on the edge of Chinatown. For anyone who's never been, it's a great place for film lovers as they're always showing older stuff you never got a chance to watch on the big screen first time around, and are well-known for their marathons (sometimes going on all night) of film series and works by notable actors or directors.

Tickets will be £15.00 (or £12.50 for people who are awesome and have a membership), which covers you for both films. Anyone who's interested, I thoroughly recommend it as the atmosphere's always great there.

I assume it's the theatrical cuts of each but I can't be sure.

Corporal Hicks

Huda, you should get yourself here and come join me and another lad from the WY Bulletin! http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53853.0

HuDaFuK

Now that sounds pretty awesome...

Bristol isn't a million miles for me to go, either.

LastSurvivor92

If only they had this going on in the US. We never get cool Alien events going on over here. :laugh:

I truly envy you guys!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 01, 2016, 03:41:38 PM
If only they had this going on in the US. We never get cool Alien events going on over here. :laugh:

I truly envy you guys!

You get all the big reunion events!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2016, 02:51:21 PM
Now that sounds pretty awesome...

Bristol isn't a million miles for me to go, either.

Even better! I'm making a 2+ hour trek for this one. I thought it sounded awesome.

LastSurvivor92

Quoteyou guys get all the big reunion events

I know right! The last one they had was in 2014 for the 28th anniversary of Aliens. Been looking around for others but can't seem to find any other conventions, reunions or screenings of the films within my area. Although we have a old Art theater that they show old films on here where I live. Aliens was shown on the big screen here this past summer. Unfortunately was too late to hear the news and never went.

I hope something pops up soon. So eager to join fans and get involved. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep searching.

Mpavlic

This place in Maryland is showing Aliens in July. That's about 3 hours each way for me though which I don't really want to do.

http://thesenatortheatre.com/movie/aliens-30th-anniversary/

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2016, 12:35:27 PM
This came up recently in another thread and I thought maybe some people on here might be interested:

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/images/events/alienaliens490.jpg

The Prince Charles Cinema in London is going to be doing an Alien & Aliens back-to-back double bill on Saturday 12th March (yes, I know, they used that shitty over-used AVP image for the poster, but nobody's perfect).

The cinema is just off of Leicester Square, on the edge of Chinatown. For anyone who's never been, it's a great place for film lovers as they're always showing older stuff you never got a chance to watch on the big screen first time around, and are well-known for their marathons (sometimes going on all night) of film series and works by notable actors or directors.

Tickets will be £15.00 (or £12.50 for people who are awesome and have a membership), which covers you for both films. Anyone who's interested, I thoroughly recommend it as the atmosphere's always great there.

I assume it's the theatrical cuts of each but I can't be sure.
12 March?Hmph have to think about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed