Alien Experience is Down

Started by Quarax, Dec 08, 2014, 06:33:25 AM

Author
Alien Experience is Down (Read 5,452 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2015, 08:36:43 AM
Yeah, that's not much of the old community left.  :-\

The Top Stories haven't changed in years. The site looks abanonded from the outset.

Great forum and content, too. Once  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's mostly spambots too. Hicks/Blackwatch hasn't logged on for a few months either.

Very little of the old school community left now.

Doktor Wunderbar

Doktor Wunderbar

Or maybe we're all here now, under different names.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Didn't realize that it was as dead as it actually is. I joined up on there yesterday out of curiosity, but it looks like there's maybe one post a month.

I was a member there back in '07 or so under a different username and I remember the activity being pretty much on par with here, though I wound up sticking with this site.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Doktor Wunderbar on Feb 10, 2015, 12:49:18 AM

Also a possibility. But there's no need for secrecy.  :) What was your old username?

Doktor Wunderbar

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2015, 08:24:39 AM
Quote from: Doktor Wunderbar on Feb 10, 2015, 12:49:18 AM

Also a possibility. But there's no need for secrecy.  :) What was your old username?
Hieronymus.  I was in charge of the science section for a while, but when the number of active users dropped close to zero, there didn't seem much sense in cleaning up after spambots anymore.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't say I recognize the name but glad to have you here.

windebieste

windebieste

Awww, Man.  After being quiet for so looong it looks like Ye Olde ALIEN Experience has had its account suspended.  Does this mean it's finally the end of that site?  I really liked that site back in the day.  So sad...

Also sad is the ominous 'forum down for maintenance' message over at alienisolation.com.  That site's forums have been down since about Dec. 10 this year.  A good 2 weeks now.

Oh, and globalavp.com has been since mid November.  NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...   

:(  Easy come.  Easy go.  What a bummer of a way to wind up the tail end of the year. 

Must haz more sites for us to play in.   MUST..!

-Windebieste.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Never got a chance to make an account, although I stumbled in there a few times. Sad to hear it's gone.

AvPGalaxy shared those dark times as well, we should acknowledge that, but we stayed strong, and now with the recent announcements, it seems like we'll remain strong. The AvPR - Prometheus period was one hellhole, indeed.

R.I.P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 28, 2015, 06:56:39 AM
Awww, Man.  After being quiet for so looong it looks like Ye Olde ALIEN Experience has had its account suspended.  Does this mean it's finally the end of that site?  I really liked that site back in the day.  So sad...

I wonder if it's just up for renewal. It'd be sad to see it go. It's one of the few left from the old generation.

QuoteAlso sad is the ominous 'forum down for maintenance' message over at alienisolation.com.  That site's forums have been down since about Dec. 10 this year.  A good 2 weeks now.

I noticed that the other day. I figured they were shutting it down. The official boards never seem to last that long.  :-\

QuoteMust haz more sites for us to play in.   MUST..!

I imagine more will pop up next year, on the road to Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed