ALIENS Exposed event at Calgary Expo

Started by Darwinsgirl, May 01, 2014, 05:35:52 PM

Author
ALIENS Exposed event at Calgary Expo (Read 17,200 times)

Darwinsgirl


Great read!  8)

Thanks for posting your account of the event. The energy that must have been in that room from the fans. Did you get any autographs from the cast?

viendammage

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 10, 2014, 04:50:21 PM

Great read!  8)

Thanks for posting your account of the event. The energy that must have been in that room from the fans. Did you get any autographs from the cast?

Thanks for checking it out!  It was a lot of fun, people were jazzed to be there for sure.  Even though we were cramped in it was cool, the guy next to me and I alternated who was going to be leaning forward and who was sitting back because we both couldn't sit back and he was a total stranger haha.  The cast had fun ribbing each other, apparently on Thursday night there was a dinner with Biehn, Ross, Paxton, Rolston, Goldstein and Michael Rooker!

I didn't get any autographs, this kind of show is based around selling photos and autographs so each person has a booth and a cost involved.  Biehn was around $30 or $40 while being Bill Paxton's first show, he was charging I heard $80 for an autograph AND a photo so you're out $160 bucks in an instant!  So that's not really for me haha.  You could pay I don't know how much to get a pic with the entire cast on Sunday!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: viendammage on May 10, 2014, 04:31:00 PM
Ricco Ross, Frost, was on our flight!

Did he have a bad feeling about the flight?

viendammage

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 11, 2014, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: viendammage on May 10, 2014, 04:31:00 PM
Ricco Ross, Frost, was on our flight!

Did he have a bad feeling about the flight?

I was pretty sure it was him but wasn't absolutely sure.  Then in Calgary, I was standing right next to him waiting for our ladies outside the bathroom and I still wasn't quite sure.  Of course as soon we cleared customs, there's a sign from the Expo organisers welcoming him and some other guests on our flight!  Doh!

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: viendammage on May 10, 2014, 10:36:30 PM
I didn't get any autographs, this kind of show is based around selling photos and autographs so each person has a booth and a cost involved.  Biehn was around $30 or $40 while being Bill Paxton's first show, he was charging I heard $80 for an autograph AND a photo so you're out $160 bucks in an instant!  So that's not really for me haha.  You could pay I don't know how much to get a pic with the entire cast on Sunday!


When you said packed in I never imagined not being able to sit back in your chair if the next person was. :o That's worse than some airline seats.

By chance do you know how much Sigourney's autograph was?

viendammage

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 13, 2014, 03:54:10 PM
Quote from: viendammage on May 10, 2014, 10:36:30 PM
I didn't get any autographs, this kind of show is based around selling photos and autographs so each person has a booth and a cost involved.  Biehn was around $30 or $40 while being Bill Paxton's first show, he was charging I heard $80 for an autograph AND a photo so you're out $160 bucks in an instant!  So that's not really for me haha.  You could pay I don't know how much to get a pic with the entire cast on Sunday!


When you said packed in I never imagined not being able to sit back in your chair if the next person was. :o That's worse than some airline seats.

By chance do you know how much Sigourney's autograph was?


I didn't see her prices in real life but an article listed $195 for an autograph.  Not sure if that was an autograph AND photo other wise that'd be $400!  She was only there one day so I guess that would make it worth her while but come on.  I heard Stallone charged $800 for an autograph and photo op which to me basically sounds like an easy way to say no to interacting w fans.

Spoonman101

I lived in Vancouver, it's a shame I moved to Japan. This would have been an awesome weekend!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News