The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Started by Nightlord, Feb 05, 2013, 04:47:51 PM

Author
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Read 15,059 times)

Sabby

Sabby

This f**king trailer man. The music is so out of place, and it's so awesome.

I am just in love with the gameplay of Witcher 3. You really do feel like Batman if you take your time and prepare well for a fight.

Spoiler
Encountered my first Bruxae. I could have just ran in and swung my sword like an idiot, but I checked Beastiary. Okay, Vampire. Super speed, invisibility, a grab move. So, I put Vampire Oil on my sword, enter the fight, she's about to rush, instantly cancel her with Moon Dust. Can't disappear now. While she's recoiling, slap a Yrden trap on the ground and chug some Black Blood. Doesn't matter what angle she wants to come at me from now, she has to wade through a slowing, poisonous haze of magical and alchemical pain.
[close]

Much more fun and rewarding then just going in like an idiot.

Master

Master

I finally invaded Tousaint. God how I love this game! That`s how rpg should be done.

Sabby

Sabby

There are people in this world who say out loud with complete conviction that it's overrated and no better than Call of Duty.

I've spoken to them. They're real. I have nothing but contempt but for such Alpha Hipsters.

Sabby

Sabby

Wow, that was visually amazing.

Spoiler
So, I have Quen fully maxed out. If anything touches me, there's a damaging explosion, and the shell can now take a good deal of punishment. There's a part in the main quest where you're attacked by two Bruxae. Those are the Nightcrawler girls from before. They turn invisible and can pull some really fast attacks. Normally, I just hit them with Moon Dust (which I have upgraded to permanently effect monsters) but I didn't get the chance. So they both come streaking at me, becoming visible every time they attack. It really, honestly looked like some nonsense JRPG super attack, where the character clones themselves and teleports about the enemy to hit them a few dozen times.

Only every single one of their attacks would trigger a detonation from my Quen shield. B-b-b-b-b-bwoom! Then my stamina recharges, slap palm on the ground, massive radial blast of super cooled air (Oh yeah, I have ice magic now. Isn't Toussaint full of hidden wonder?) that knocks them back and coats them in frost. Now their slower then me :3 And now their heads are gone.
[close]

Geralt is a f**king Demigod at this point. I'm level 50. Levels really matter, especially when you find the secret extra tier of Mutagens.

Darkness

Darkness

I finished the DLC at level 53 and I still didn't max them out. I wasn't keen that you can only have certain mutagens active at one time.

I also just got done playing Witcher 2 for the first time. World of difference between that and this game.

Sabby

Sabby

I may go to NG+ and try a Trial of Grasses build. Think maybe Grandmaster Cat gear and Aerondight sword, focus on fast melee and alchemy. Basically a glass berserker, press an attack until Trial of Grasses warns of a counter attack and evade it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KotakuHaving released one a few years back, Witcher cosplayer extraordinaire Maul has decided to do another one, only this time he's imagining Geralt jumping through The Witcher 3's portals and ending up in more Earthly forms of employment.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1194050950207561728

Darkness

Darkness

Anybody playing the next-gen update? Got it downloaded but I think it's going to be the middle of next year by the time I get around to clearing my backlog of games. Can't wait to have another playthrough of this. Glad that they've released it as a free update too.

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 15, 2022, 01:28:50 PMAnybody playing the next-gen update? Got it downloaded but I think it's going to be the middle of next year by the time I get around to clearing my backlog of games. Can't wait to have another playthrough of this. Glad that they've released it as a free update too.
I've been chipping away at it but the next-gen update on PC kinda broke some stuff and doesn't fully work properly.

Shame, but it's a CDProjekt release in 2022. What else did I expect.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What stuff?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 15, 2022, 10:24:36 PMWhat stuff?
RTX and DLSS are implemented poorly, to the point of DLSS not offering any performance gain or quality gains no matter the settings but it still tanks performance.

Steam Overlay is broken, can't take screenshots.

Some reports from various users indicate that some of the mods that brought into the vanilla package aren't compatible with each other at certain points in the game. Can't confirm this one myself, I seem to have no issues on this front.

I have all my settings up to max and my FPS is around 90, but it's jerky as if it's being pushed through a 45FPS pipeline.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteIt Looks Like CDPR And Witcher Author Andrzej Sapkowski Are Friends Again

It's a Witcher miracle!

This week, the author of The Witcher novels visited the CD Projekt Red studio. While interesting to see the two worlds collide, you may be asking why this is exactly newsworthy. Well, for the past few years, the author and the gaming studio have very publicly been at odds over issues stemming from the game series' creation.

CD Projekt Red took to Twitter to share some photos of Andrzej Sapkowski's visit. They called the trip a "thrilling experience and a privilege". However, a few years ago, this meeting of minds felt impossible.

Back in 2018, it was reported that the Polish author was demanding $16 million in copyright royalties. Initially, Sapkowski agreed to a lump sum payment for CDPR to use The Witcher rights. believing the games would not be a success. Cut to millions of sales later, and the author changed his mind. However, both parties eventually reached a deal.

But that isn't even the full picture. In 2016, Sapkowski aired separate game-related grievances. Specifically, he seemed upset at how the games' success caused issues for him within the publishing world. "The game has caused me a lot of stink and shit ... because the foreign publishers started to use the graphics of the game on the covers," reads a translation of what Sapkowski said at an event.

He continued: "People rejected the book, saying that it is not new, it is game-related. In the sense that a book was written for the game, which – especially in the fantasy genre – we have plenty. I had to fight to prove who was the first."

So, what caused the two to bury the hatchet? It is currently unclear, but it is nice to see the two parties getting along - for now.

https://www.thegamer.com/the-witcher-author-cd-projekt-red-andrzej-sapkowski-relationship-visit/

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good to see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed