AVP Nation Back ONLINE! CLASSIC!

Started by Chris P, Aug 23, 2009, 09:50:02 PM

Author
AVP Nation Back ONLINE! CLASSIC! (Read 3,923 times)

Chris P

Chris P

Some of you may remember the classic sites of the 90s which focussed on AVP2 game news, info and mods. I believe Galaxy was one itself.

But anyways, I was informed that a classic giant: AVP Nation is back online after being shut down years ago! I guess they are planning to update the site for AVP3. Can't wait!

Here's the URL: www.avpnation.com

Still not updated yet, but hopefully it will be soon.

severen76

That link doesn't work, you put an extra p in there.

[Alpha]Frost

That was a good site, I used to go there for news and maps quite often.

Moody

Moody

It'll never beat the galaxy, Planet AVP is also dead and forgotten.

[Alpha]Frost

Yeah galaxy is the best now. Maybe it was before... I only came here after PlanetAVP died. ;)

I used to go to AVPNews back in the day, I liked that website a lot.

Chris P

Chris P

There, I fixed the link now guys.

AVP Nation is quite old, and needs an update. But once it is updated I can bet we will be seeing more of it.

Corporal Hicks

AvPN was mostly just a file hosting site but it was awesome. They hosted my one and only skin I did. :P

Darkness

Darkness

You made a skin?

Corporal Hicks

:P I say made, I tried my hand at it but failed abysmally. It was a medic skin. Just added a few medic patches to Harrison's uniform.

Darkness

Darkness

I vaguely remember that skin, I think.

Chris P

Chris P

Man, I had a member join my site and is runing a skinning contest for a medic: http://avp2fortress.lithfaq.com/?news=Skin%20the%20medic%20to%20win%20a%20game!

Anyways, yeah. I hear that AVPN will be updating soon to focus on AVP3.

I never had an original copy of AVP2, I only "got" a copy this summer, finished the game. Was really fun, but I never managed to figure out skinning, or modding. Congrats to you for making one. I looked up tutorials on how to, talk about hard, although I only looked at it for about 10 minutes.  :D

Darkness

Darkness

How do you know? Have you spoken AvPNation's owner? I think his name is Meercat, if I remember correctly.

Chris P

Chris P

I was actually informed by The_One who was a constant member there a few days ago. It was offline for years and all of a sudden came back online and I guess he knows Meercat as I aked why they came back online and he said for AVP3.

I will ask Meercat, but I would expect that to be the reason, otherwise why keep an AVP2 site from that long ago not updated and keeping up to date with the most recent content that their site revolves around. It would seem silly wouldn't it?

EDIT: There is a problem with their directives right now, so contacting them is difficult, I will see if The_One can lend a hand.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Bumping a 4 year old thread.... who knows she might return in one form or another www.avpnation.com

:P we will see soon (got some idea's at the moment)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed