New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,258,178 times)

Corporal Hicks

Welcome orthodox! What's your favourite home release in your collection?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: orthodox on May 22, 2023, 11:04:33 PMHi, everyone! I'm orthodox, 25 years old, and I love all things Alien. The first film is my #1 favorite horror/thriller of all time! Though I have always enjoyed the series, I have recently taken on a new OBSESSION with it and am now collecting all US home video releases - every movie, every format. Glad to finally be here!

Welcome orthodox! 😁👍 I'm currently doing similar (working through all UK releases) - perhaps when our collections are complete we can share images (always love to see releases from overseas, especially the laserdiscs!) 😁

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, recruits! Glad to have you all here!

Please check out the Forum Rules / Help FAQ.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: orthodox on May 22, 2023, 11:04:33 PMHi, everyone! I'm orthodox, 25 years old, and I love all things Alien. The first film is my #1 favorite horror/thriller of all time! Though I have always enjoyed the series, I have recently taken on a new OBSESSION with it and am now collecting all US home video releases - every movie, every format. Glad to finally be here!

Welcome to Hunting Season and Where No One Can Hear You Meme. Lol just having some fun, welcome to the best Alien and Predator boards in this galaxy. :)

CaptainViggo

Hello everyone.
I'm a graphic designer and regularly work on re-creating logos, symbols and documents from the Alien universe. :)

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: CaptainViggo on May 31, 2023, 01:07:00 PMHello everyone.
I'm a graphic designer and regularly work on re-creating logos, symbols and documents from the Alien universe. :)

Welcome to the forums CaptainViggo! Looking forward to seeing some of your work! 😁👍

Corporal Hicks

Welcome! Can't wait to see some of your recreations. :)

Samdob1222

Samdob1222

Hi, I'm Sam Dobreva, a teacher and happy to join your informative forum.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Samdob1222 on Jun 18, 2023, 07:17:30 PMHi, I'm Sam Dobreva, a teacher and happy to join your informative forum.

Welcome to LV-421 and Yautja Prime. :)

jacobo1122

Hi, I'm Jacobo, 25 years old, from Poland, long-time fan of Alien franchise. Alien is my favourite movie of all time, and Aliens isn't far behind it. Overall I enjoy every entry in the series, I love both Alien 3 and Resurrection for their own reasons and I like Covenant despite its problems. Hell, I even made my peace with Prometheus, I can appreciate some ideas that this movie has and I like implementation of them to the wider lore, despite confusion and mess it still can make in some stories. As for video games, my number one is, unsuprisingly, Alien Isolation. Actually for me it's second best thing in entire franchise, right next to the first movie. Aliens is masterpiece on its own right, but Isolation is true sequel to Alien in my opinion. AvP 2010 is also very important game for me. I recently also got myself more into books. They are not published in my country, so I must bring them from US or UK and overpaying for them in the process, but what the hell, I have much fun reading those. So far my favourites are Alex White's Cold Forge and Into Charybdis, Scott Singler's Phalanx and Tim Lebbon's Rage War trilogy. I also like Predator very much, but Alien is my main love. Fun fact, I am one of maybe 5 people on the planet that actually likes Shane Black's The Predator :) Happy to join You guys.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the boards! Always happy to see new fans - especially those who appreciate the expanded universe - show up! You've got several of my top 5 novels in that list as well!

:laugh: Don't worry about The Predator, we've all got our guilty pleasures (I genuinely enjoy all entries in the Starship Troopers series  :P ). Though we'll have a problem if you tell me you enjoyed Alien: Colony War.  :P

jacobo1122

Oh hell no, Colony War is my second worst novel, first being Rift War  :) What are your others favourite books then? If I remember corretly, in podcast You said about Berserker and Music of The Spears. I read them both and had fun, but I have problem with rating novelizations of comics or movies, because I know the story already. Both of them expanded over originals' ideas though, so I still put them somewhat high on my list. Do You reccomend some others?

Corporal Hicks

That's right! My top 5 are Berserker, Music of the Spears (I could do with revisiting both) and then Cold Forge, Into Charybdis and Phalanx. I've not brought myself to finish Rift War yet - I gave up after about 3 or 4 chapters which is a new for me!

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Yeah, Rift War commits every cardinal sin of bad AvP story: underpowering Aliens, overpowering Predators, humanizing Predators too much, not having interesting human characters and throwing random stuff into the mix. I finished it, but it was not worth it. Shame really, because I thought that Weston Ochse and Yvonne Navarro are both good writers. I even enjoyed Infiltrator, unlike You  :) Though that's maybe because it was first Alien novel I read.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Jun 22, 2023, 03:18:09 PMShame really, because I thought that Weston Ochse and Yvonne Navarro are both good writers. I even enjoyed Infiltrator, unlike You

I've found Yvonne to be a bit all over the place. I love Music of the Spears, her short in Ultimate Prey was great. But then her short in Bug Hunt was terrible. To be fair, I think one or both of them was supposed to be ill while working on Rift War.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed