AvPR Article in Empire Magazine

Started by Darkness, Oct 27, 2007, 10:29:06 PM

Author
AvPR Article in Empire Magazine (Read 9,847 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new article about AvPR in this month’s Empire Magazine. Empire spoke with the directors and some of the cast from the movie. There’s also a couple of new pictures: One of Kelly aiming a gun out of a helicopter and the other of her daughter Molly running in the rain.

Thanks to War Wager, you can find a transcript of this article in the forum and the scans here. There’s a couple of interesting points. Empire have the budget of AvPR listed as $40m (estimated). Think on, AvP’s budget was $45m. They’ve also got an interesting timeline and have the events in AvPR listed in 2007. Hence, the film takes place in 2007, and not in 2004 like in AvP. This could be a mistake though.

Edit: Nevermind, AvPR does take place in 2004 straight after AvP.

zen

zen

FIRST!.Sounds cool!!.

OneUglyMother

It makes sense that the Predators would be near Earth in 2007 (1987,1997, 2007). Has it been confirmed anywhere that the Predalien in this film is the same one from the end of AVP?

gspida25

gspida25

Second! the budget is still high, must mean they didn't go all over board on the cgi in this film. only a 5 million dollar difference ...can't wait for this film   ;D   : :

War Wager

War Wager

It's a shame there wasn't any new, exiting pics. Though I'm really impressed at how dteailed the pics are. I don't see how this could be set in 2007...

Dual Blades

Dual Blades

Darkness, could you clear something up because am confused ...  ... I have heard that Ridley Scott ACTUALLY wanted to direct Alien vs Predator, is this true???   If the movie turns out to be that successful what do you think the likely hood of him maybe wanting to do AVP 3?? a man can dream    :D    # NOTE : Strause bros, please don't take this by me wanting anyone else to doing this, we haven't seen the film yet BUT of what we've all seen I think that you guys would be the great choice for the third film.

Xenomorphine

No, he didn't say anything like that. It's a recent rumour based oon a quote taken out of context. :)  Nobody asked him if he wanted to direct the concept or not. What he refers to, in the interview, is lamenting that nobody asked him to return and direct an 'Alien' film.

Pvt. Hicks

hE SHOULDA SPOKE UP THEN  THOUGH THE STRAUSES R DOING A DANDY JOB

JK

JK

This film is a prequel of all Aliens films ?

Optimus Virus

Optimus Virus

Sounds cool...is the pred-alien the one from avp yes or not? i like the fact it is set to current date..but not sure how it gunna pan out...have to wait and see.  Rock On!

Zero .T

Zero .T

TENTH!! I'm glad to know what the budget is going to be now.   ;D  ....   8)     :o  

Colin_Strause

Um, this movie takes place right after AVP, so it ain't 2007.

imagazzell

imagazzell

anyone else notice the release date is listed as x-mas again on the official AVPR site?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

hmmmm, Im sort of iffy about the fact that this movie takes place in 2004.

gameoverman

QuoteUm, this movie takes place right after AVP, so it ain't 2007.
Well that pretty much confirms that the ship that crashes is from the AVP mothership, although it was pretty much suspected all along.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed