NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,110 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, wow... the NECA creature pack looks kinda nuts.

That Queen looks great... but I feel it's more of a juvenile stage rather than a freshly emerged sample. Nice nonetheless.  Needs this soundtrack to accompany it, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7xHyYWUxXI

-Windebieste.

Master

Master

Cool , but where's bambi burster?

windebieste

windebieste

Yeah.  I feel the Bambi B would have been a better choice than the jevenile Queen.  Especially if these things are intended to be scaled alike.  That thing is supposed to fit inside Ripley's chest?   WOW...

I guess if the embryos had been swapped around when being implanted in opposing hosts, then the Queen could have emerge from an ox at that size.  In which case, Ripley would have died at Hicks' and Newt's funeral when the Alien emerged from her chest.  That's the only justification I can see being made here. 

...but hey, I don't do the market research for these things, so what would I know? 

In which case, I certainly feel the Bambi Burster would have been preferable; and I would consider myself to be a candidate for these figures to be marketed at.

-Windebieste.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 15, 2016, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 09:35:00 AM
It's just supposed to be a Queen burster. Wasn't there an old Halycon model that looked like that?

Halcyon made one of each burster.  There was a Queen burster and a Dog Alien burster (along with an adult dog Alien as part of their 'ALIEN 3' range.).

I think most peoples' expectations of the Queen burster is heavily influenced by the 'ALIEN 3' poster image; coiled, sans legs.  NECA's new version appears to borrow heavily from the quadrupedal dog/ox burster but featuring the juvenile Queen Alien head.  It just looks... weird.  Largely because so many of NECA's product to date is so accurate compared to this odd hybrid.

-Windebieste.

Even the coiled version of the Queen Chestburster had legs though.

The legs on NECA's queen burster seem a little too long and thick--they should look more like the Halycon version. When you look at the animatronic puppet towards the end of the video below, you get a better idea on how the legs should be. I think it's just the scale that's off, either that, or they just made up a slightly more mature version of it and it's not supposed to be a replica of anything in the movie.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 17, 2016, 05:22:46 AM
Oh, wow... the NECA creature pack looks kinda nuts.

That Queen looks great... but I feel it's more of a juvenile stage rather than a freshly emerged sample. Nice nonetheless.  Needs this soundtrack to accompany it, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7xHyYWUxXI

-Windebieste.
Me thinks that Youtube song is from something you're more familiar with? Lol I actually played it but while watching the video further down the page on the test shots of the Queen puppet animation. Give it a try for a laugh :)

windebieste

windebieste

hah... So it does have legs. 

The figure still looks badly scaled to how it appears in the movie if these figures are all meant to be the same size relative to each other.  Besides, Bambi B is relevant to all versions of the movie and it's presence is well documented visually either originating from a dog or ox... it's the same young Alien.  Ox works especially well at that scale.  On that basis alone, I believe its a more desirable choice.

As for that song?  Oh, Brian will get it.  Where is Brian?  Hey, Brian!  where are ya, Mate?

Oh well...  Elmazalman will geddit.  SiL will, too. Wherever he is these days...

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GQSioux on Feb 17, 2016, 11:33:02 PM
Even the coiled version of the Queen Chestburster had legs though.

http://moviemodelkits.com/images/instock_queen_burster.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8c/18/66/8c18662254776f4fa9c0b6066b413252.jpg

This was what I was talking about when I compared it to the old model.  :)

newbeing

newbeing

After many years of avoiding buying Neca figures and most Alien merchandise in general, I finally broke down and bought the Alien: Isolation Amanda and Xenomorph figures. I have to say, Neca did very well on these figures in regards to the sculpts, articulation and durability. My only big gripe is with the stand that comes with the Xenomorph. The stand is a little too short, which forces me to place the alien in a weird semi-crouched pose. I tried using the tail for balance, but that was a bit too unstable and the legs are also a bit too loose to hold the weight of the upper half. Might consider buying a longer stand so it can stand to its full and impressive height.

edit: nvm I figured out a good standing pose :D

windebieste

windebieste

It's a good purchase, but yes, the stand is too short and known to be fragile.  I've heard a few complaints of the C-hook snapping off from the top of the stand.  These are the same problems the stand has with the Dog Alien as well. Short and fragile.

Hopefully these issues will be corrected with the next iterations of the Dog Alien.  It's great to see NECA re-releasing it.  NECA's Dog Alien is cool but Stompy is special.

-Windebieste.

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 18, 2016, 12:52:15 AMThe figure still looks badly scaled to how it appears in the movie if these figures are all meant to be the same size relative to each other
My point exactly, that's why I called this "Queen burster" the Queen pup. I mean, look at this size... how come Ripley's chest could even host it without inflating drastically ? Impossible.
The Queen burster has -in the movie- the same size as a regular chestburster, except for the "crown" on the top of its head, and the little legs (like Sideshow and Palisades queen burster, and the Halcyon model seen walking). Here, we have a grown burster, walking on its already strong feet. No way it just came out Ripley-'s chest, even if it was not on scale. Look at the Bambi for comparison, it's a slender and frail-looking creature.

IMO this is an experiment, not a genuine Alien franchise figure. Cool stuff nevertheless, but pure speculation since we never saw the Queen appear at this stage of her growth.

Master

Master

And we never will unfortunately so I'll bite and get NECA version.

Otter

Otter

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Feb 17, 2016, 11:55:39 PM

Me thinks that Youtube song is from something you're more familiar with? Lol I actually played it but while watching the video further down the page on the test shots of the Queen puppet animation. Give it a try for a laugh :)

I get it.  :)

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Heads up, the Warrior Alien from the AVP series (not Grid) is awesome.  I know how they appeared in the movie was so-so at best but what NECA has done w/ the figure representation is outstanding.  The QC on these are great, the teeth are painted very well, the joints are all smooth, and the clear dome that Grid does NOT have is awesome.  Grid has slight blue highlight a kin to the ALIENS Warrior and the AVP Warrior is slight silver and very minute brown hightlights on a glossy black base.  The chin is almost as intense as the Dog alien. 

Anyway, just a heads up, if you're on the fence about the AVP Warrior, I highly recommend! 

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: slaysaliens on Feb 20, 2016, 11:49:25 PM
Heads up, the Warrior Alien from the AVP series (not Grid) is awesome.  I know how they appeared in the movie was so-so at best but what NECA has done w/ the figure representation is outstanding.  The QC on these are great, the teeth are painted very well, the joints are all smooth, and the clear dome that Grid does NOT have is awesome.  Grid has slight blue highlight a kin to the ALIENS Warrior and the AVP Warrior is slight silver and very minute brown hightlights on a glossy black base.  The chin is almost as intense as the Dog alien. 

Anyway, just a heads up, if you're on the fence about the AVP Warrior, I highly recommend!
Good to know. I figured Grid would be the star but interesting to see the normal warrior is actually more impressive! Do you have any pictures you've taken? Would love to see some shots!

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Not at moment, and they wouldnt do it justice, really gotta have it in hand. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed