Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,803 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't really care what logo we get so long as the story's good.

Although I'd argue the simplistic, spaced out "A  L  I  E  N" logo is every bit as iconic as the Aliens one. Even recently, Life basically ripped-off the former on it's Blu-ray cover.

Perfect-Organism

I like both logos.  Aliens had a lot more exposure over the past 3 decades, so it's arguably more iconic.  Even as it's own font, it's unique.  If you spell something out in the Aliens letters it is instantly recognizable where it's from, not so for the Alien font.  They're just blocky letters with no distinction worth noting.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The last three decades correct, but the future is now old man and it's the future of A L I E N.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 17, 2019, 02:35:48 PM
No it doesn't really impact things in any way.  What it really comes down to is that there are for the most part, 2 camps of fans for the series.  There's the Aliens fans, and then the Alien fans, and they will be arguing ad infinitude over which is the superior and definitive Aliens film.  As an extension of that, they will prefer one logo over the other.

I think you forgot the biggest camp...camp 3, people who love both Alien and Aliens....

The Old One

The Old One

I really love Alien The Cold Forge, Isolation, Alien, enjoy Aliens and AlienĀ³- and appreciate Covenant and even Prometheus retroactively on a good day, I really love the whole franchise regardless of my often frustration with Resurrection, Prometheus and particularly the EU.

And I really look forward to Alien Phalanx.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 17, 2019, 03:14:01 PM
The last three decades correct, but the future is now old man and it's the future of A L I E N.

Thanks for the old man bit Erik.

The future is the future.  It is not now, nor will it ever be now.

The Old One

The Old One

Perfect Organism...
Spoiler

Perfect-Organism

Lol, ok.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's all the Alien franchise,  after the first they are all incarnations of the original.

That said, if Ghost of Walt can find that Aliens inspired movies make more than Alien ones you can guarantee that is where the franchise will go.   

razeak

razeak

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to your book.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: razeak on Jul 18, 2019, 05:09:23 PM
Welcome to the board. Looking forward to your book.

Yah, good to have you hanging out with us!

razeak

razeak

I just happened to read Dangerous Prey a few days ago. It was pretty good.

The Old One

The Old One

Good, as good indication then.
Of hopefully an excellent Alien story.

felix

felix

Synopsis is up.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789094003/ref=sr_1_50?keywords=titan+books&qid=1566135835&s=books&sr=1-50

It's Medieval carnage meets Alien as a pre-industrial society fights against extinction brought about by a massive infestation of Xenomorphs.

"Ataegina was an isolated world of medieval castles, varied cultures, and conquests, vibrant until the demons rose and spread relentless destruction. Swarms of lethal creatures with black husks, murderous claws, barbed tails and dreaded "tooth-tongues" raged through the lowlands, killing ninety percent of the planet's population. Terrified survivors fled to hidden mountain keeps where they eke out a meager existence. When a trio of young warriors discovers a new weapon, they see a chance to end this curse. To save humanity, the trio must fight their way to the tunnels of Black Smoke Mountain--the lair of the mythical Demon Mother."

The Kurgan

Lol seriously?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed