Alien Day 2023

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2023, 01:34:32 PM

Author
Alien Day 2023 (Read 16,386 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Let's start off this year's thread with some rumours.

Alien Day 2023 Announcements
 by in GamingLeaksAndRumours

Not sure on the veracity of any of that. Also, we know a new Dirk Maggs/Tim Lebbon collaboration was teased last year and if history is anything to go by, it'll be an Alien Day release.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Sounds amazing! Really hoping that at least some of this is true.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ingwar

Ingwar

They haven't started shooting TV series yet unless it's some glimpse of art design etc.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, probably more likely to see something from Alien: Romulus, but even that is unlikely.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

OooOOo.. what else do we think will be coming from Marvel, another annual or one-shot?

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I'd be happy to see any/all of these game updates and announcements.

Looking forward to Dark Descent.
And while I don't play DBD much, I've always thought it'd be cool to see a Alien chapter in the game (and apparently it's a pretty popular request among the playerbase). Would make me pick up the game again for a bit for sure.

If we do see anything for the tv series or Romulus I'm expecting nothing more than probably just a logo and a short statement saying that it's in the works. Which even that I would be fine with tbh. Expectations are pretty low lol.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'll settle for some official names for Romulus and the TV series.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 20, 2023, 03:06:58 PMThey haven't started shooting TV series yet unless it's some glimpse of art design etc.

Yeah this might happen...  8)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2023, 07:25:22 PMI'll settle for some official names for Romulus and the TV series.

Judging by FARGO and LEGI⨂N and their titlecards, it might just be called ALIEN.

TomT

TomT

Miserable lineup as usual, a random strategy game nobody asked for and tons of nothingness. Alien desperately needs at least Kathleen Kennedy at this point, even she somehow put more care in Star Wars than every single person in charge of Alien after 1986 and SW fans are still mad as hell about her and think that she killed SW.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd suspected you were just here looking for trouble anyway, but now I know. Let's quit it with the trolling and the baiting. It's very explicitly a rule here that we're not interested in that.

But to actually have a serious discussion, I'm hoping we do learn more about Dark Descent. I'm sure it's going to feel on the budget side of things, but like Blackout - it was a game I didn't know I wanted until I read more into it. I've been keen to hear more on it and I hope they don't miss the opportunity, especially with the supposed release date of June.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Very much looking forward to Dark Descent, at least it's not another FPS that has a Pulse Rifle and a Space Jockey chamber.  I just hope it doesn't get canceled.

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2023, 09:41:33 AMI'd suspected you were just here looking for trouble anyway, but now I know. Let's quit it with the trolling and the baiting. It's very explicitly a rule here that we're not interested in that.
I'm not trolling or baiting, Corporal, I just want to dilute "just consoome and don't ask questions" forum attitude with a bit "ask questions" and "demand better" diversity of thought. Imagine if SW Celebration showed some fan posters and called it a day, this lineup is an equalent of that. Now I'm sure the forum was excited as hell about AvP: Requiem and would be incredibly excited about Uwe Boll directing Alien movie or new mobile game instead of real game.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Ooooo I'm betting you're going to enjoy a long stay here at the AvPG forums lol :laugh: Seeing this play out a thousand times in a thousand threads over the years here, it still cringe.

Anyway on topic, if this Alien day news is true it seems like more of an effort than previous years so that's cool. Alien Days have felt a lil lighter the last few years. The first couple were pretty exciting...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed