Questions for Scott, Fassbender, Waterston, McBride or Bichir?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 11, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

Author
Questions for Scott, Fassbender, Waterston, McBride or Bichir? (Read 28,060 times)

Enoch

For Sir Scott:

Does he (and John Logan) plan to reveal the mystery behind the Jockey and creature itself or they plan to amplify it (in future films)?




The Eighth Passenger

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 15, 2017, 09:55:24 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 15, 2017, 05:52:07 PM
Buddy, I do remember that bit about gradually going back to the Giger aesthetics in the next two films that Bishop mentioned. Just can't remember where I saw it. Might have been in an interview with Chris Seegers. If I stumble across it again I'll post it here.

Yeah i think i heard it as well but i thought it was from someone with odd studio and was possibly just conjecture on their part. But im not sure and could be wrong.

Ah, finally found it! It was from Chris Seagers, the Alien: Covenant production designer. So probably good to bank.

Quote"The aesthetic choices aren't just superficial, they tie into the larger story. "Technically, we're slightly earlier than the Giger stuff, a little bit," Seagers explained. "We're sort of edging into that. That's part of that whole storyline."

BishopShouldGo

Thank you! You'd think we'd all be aware of what he said, given that we all devour every piece of info released.

lv_226

Quote from: Gazz on Apr 15, 2017, 01:11:24 PM
I have no idea if this has been mentioned previously in the thread, but I'd love to know if there are any plans to provide audiences with an extended cut of Prometheus.
This would be nice. I wish they would do a similar edit to what NickisSmart has been working on—he got the pacing right, and fixed some of the errors with the end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd act.

Evanus

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 21, 2017, 06:24:48 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Apr 15, 2017, 01:11:24 PM
I have no idea if this has been mentioned previously in the thread, but I'd love to know if there are any plans to provide audiences with an extended cut of Prometheus.
This would be nice. I wish they would do a similar edit to what NickisSmart has been working on—he got the pacing right, and fixed some of the errors with the end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd act.
You know, I did find this a while ago: https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B06Y1WXP23?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-012-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06Y1WXP23&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So a 4K remaster is coming, but it seems like it will be the same cut, sadly.  :(

Valaquen

If you grill Scott about Blomkamp's ALIEN 5 then you'll be a hero of mine.

aliennaire

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2017, 10:39:20 AM
... 2 questions I'd already definitely decided on asking Ridley was about the Alien 3 influences and for an update on Blomkamp's film.
Many thanks for putting this on your short list!
Also, I'd much appreciate if any of the following reaches the ears of the speakers:

for Ridley Scott: Will we ever see 14-feet tall breathing and walking Space Jockey creatures in a future Alien film?

for Waterston: After having rather tense experience with her role in Alien: Covenant (confusing stuffed dummies for real people on the set, having been chased in dark corridors during the filming), will she consider being cast in other sci fi horrors again (maybe reprising her Daniels role in the sequel :-) )?

for Fassbender: Has he been paid double? (joking :-) )

Corporal Hicks, thanks for the opportunity to chip in and I'm sure you will have a remarkable Q&A meeting (and ask the best questions of all the folks whoever will be present in there)!

BishopShouldGo

Fassbender probably got paid quadrupled. Guy couldn't be happier. Top billing, big paycheck, a fun challenge of playing two roles, a non X-Men movie that won't bomb...

Protozoid

No offense, but do you really think it would be appropriate to ask Ridley about other people's movies?  If I were Ridley, I would be offended.  His movies are massively more interesting and he has a hard enough time getting respect as it is.

Predaker

Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 23, 2017, 07:51:48 PM
No offense, but do you really think it would be appropriate to ask Ridley about other people's movies?  If I were Ridley, I would be offended.  His movies are massively more interesting and he has a hard enough time getting respect as it is.

Blomkamp's Alien film was or still is set to be produced by Ridley/Scott Free, so no it's not inappropriate.

Protozoid

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 23, 2017, 07:51:48 PM
No offense, but do you really think it would be appropriate to ask Ridley about other people's movies?  If I were Ridley, I would be offended.  His movies are massively more interesting and he has a hard enough time getting respect as it is.

Blomkamp's Alien film was or still is set to be produced by Ridley/Scott Free, so no it's not inappropriate.
Ridley was always jealous of other directors getting to make Alien sequels.  I don't think he's going to like being asked about the second and fourth sequels on the day that he's wanting to celebrate his Alien movie.  He clearly made this movie for Alien fans more than himself.  I would focus on his latest accomplishment, not the lesser accomplishments of lesser filmmakers who are competing with him to take over his own story.

Predaker

Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 23, 2017, 08:26:03 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 23, 2017, 07:51:48 PM
No offense, but do you really think it would be appropriate to ask Ridley about other people's movies?  If I were Ridley, I would be offended.  His movies are massively more interesting and he has a hard enough time getting respect as it is.

Blomkamp's Alien film was or still is set to be produced by Ridley/Scott Free, so no it's not inappropriate.
Ridley was always jealous of other directors getting to make Alien sequels.  I don't think he's going to like being asked about the second and fourth sequels on the day that he's wanting to celebrate his Alien movie.  He clearly made this movie for Alien fans more than himself.  I would focus on his latest accomplishment, not the lesser accomplishments of lesser filmmakers who are competing with him to take over his own story.

Again, Ridley Scott is producer so it's not really competition and if it even gets made, that will be a long ways off from this film. There were also changes done to the script to avoid contradicting or usurping anything Ridley is directing in this franchise.

He's a grown man who is long used to working in this business without quitting and I highly doubt some questions about a different film within the same franchise that he is already set to work on will ruin his day.

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 11, 2017, 06:46:35 PM
f**k it! I'm going to ask this:

For Ridley Scott,

Everyone knows you hate the very concept of Aliens vs Predator. If you were asked by Fox to come up with an idea for another movie, how would you approach it with the mindset that the film can be something more than a "VS" film?
::)

Protozoid

Look, I'm a published journalist and documentary filmmaker.  I know a thing or two about etiquette and sensitivity when asking questions.  And I can think of several reasons why these questions are not ideal.  For example, you are wrong to think that Scott isn't sensitive.  A Ridley Scott fan would know that he's actually very sensitive.  All I'm doing is trying to make the small point that these aren't the most sensitive (or even relevant) questions that could be asked.  In fact, it might backfire.  You might not get to ask question #2 if he doesn't like question #1, and both of those questions are risky.  You will probably get a non-answer and will have wasted the opportunity of a lifetime.  Asking about anything other than his own accomplishments is disrespectful.  It would be a waste of his time and might possibly offend him.  What kind of answer do you expect?  You have to have an idea of what the answer might be before asking.  And I'm pretty sure you are not going to get much out of him on either subject.

Besides, he's been asked these questions before and will be asked them again before his publicity tour is over.  Imho, asking these questions would be a waste of an opportunity and disrespectful to one of the cinema gods on a special day for him.

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 23, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
Look, I'm a published journalist and documentary filmmaker.  I know a thing or two about etiquette and sensitivity when asking questions.  And I can think of several reasons why these questions are not ideal.  For example, you are wrong to think that Scott isn't sensitive.  A Ridley Scott fan would know that he's actually very sensitive.  All I'm doing is trying to make the small point that these aren't the most sensitive (or even relevant) questions that could be asked.  In fact, it might backfire.  You might not get to ask question #2 if he doesn't like question #1, and both of those questions are risky.  You will probably get a non-answer and will have wasted the opportunity of a lifetime.  Asking about anything other than his own accomplishments is disrespectful.  It would be a waste of his time and might possibly offend him.  What kind of answer do you expect?  You have to have an idea of what the answer might be before asking.  And I'm pretty sure you are not going to get much out of him on either subject.

Besides, he's been asked these questions before and will be asked them again before his publicity tour is over.  Imho, asking these questions would be a waste of an opportunity and disrespectful to one of the cinema gods on a special day for him.
Exactly. Any avp question would not be taken seriously so why waste a question on a subject you know is a joke to him

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed