What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 150,749 times)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Seeing a trailer when I was really young for Predator on TV really intrigued me, but buying the first AvP comic is what clinched it. Then, I watched the films and read some more comics, and I've been into it ever since. 

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

I was ten years old and I saw Aliens, after that I was hooked/obsessed.

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

I first saw Aliens when I was 4 (my dad edited out the swears and made me turn my head at parts) and Alien when I was 6 (same) Alien Resurrection when I was 8 or 9 (same) and Alien 3 at 10 or 11 (same). I like the look of the Aliens and the Stories. Hoping for Alien 5!

- ALIENS ROCK!

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

what made me a fan was that when I was little my uncle had toys,pictures, and movies of aliens and predators.

Alien Freak

Alien Freak

One day I spotted an Alien action figure at my uncles house, I didn't know what it was at the time, but I stil thought it was cool. A couple of years later while surfing the 'Nets I stumbled upen an Alien site, watched some clips, saw some pictures, and then I saw AVP (back when I liked it), and then I saw the golden movie. I've been a fan ever since.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

I became a Predator fan when I was twelve. I was sick with pnumonia and I couldn't find anything good on TV until I flipped past the scene where Arnie plummets into the water and the Predator follows him. My dad convinced me to keep watching and I was hooked once I saw the Predator; I thought he looked awesome. I still remember exactly what I said when I saw the Predator's face under the mask, "HOLY CRAP! HE'S REALLY UGLY!"  ;D I saw Alien about two years later after I bought and played the AvP2 game; the whole time I played the game I had no clue what the"monster bug things" were.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Alien was the first Horror film I ever saw. I was 4 when I first saw it. After that I saw the rest of the films. Thanks to my dad. ;D

hunterv555

hunterv555

my dad drew me a picture when i was real young then i watched the movies and have loved them ever since:)

Griffith

Griffith

what mades me a fan?

well ..maybe the fact that i've seen Aliens 335 times and Predator like 200..maybe..i lost the count 1 year ago   ???

DEATHGRIND

DEATHGRIND

Because Predator is just so cool-looking.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

my mom reportedly watched alien during labor. and if that won't mess you up, i don't know what will.

seriously though, first conscious memory involves me was a child of about 7 kept up at night be creepy thoughts of that chestburster. for some reason, the big alien never bothered me, but the little one gave me the creeps.

TheAntagonist

TheAntagonist

My cousin wanted me to watch Alien3 back in the mid-90s as he taped it from ITV the night before. However, he had seen it before and so when I watched it with him, he kept rewinding and fastforewarding it to bits that were more interesting but then he would have to go back as I didn't understand what was going on. It essentially ruined my first experience with the film.

Later that year I put Aliens on VHS at a Bootsale and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is in my Top 20 Best films of all time. I eventually got round to watching the whole saga.

I don't remember the first time I watched Predator but whenever it was on I'd stay up late to watch it.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

first alien film I saw was Aliens, then i got hooked. predator was before though. I liked that a lot.

waldo 1

waldo 1

avp and the alien.

DB

DB

Watching bits of Alien3 on TV. I didn't know wtf was going on in the movie, just that the Alien was the most evil looking monster I had ever seen. From there I looked for the other movies. Eventually I came to know that the Aliens had a foe (through the games), the Predator. Watched the Predator movies and I liked them. That's more or less it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed