Should Disney reboot Alien vs. Predator? [Space.com]

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2022, 11:46:28 AM

Author
Should Disney reboot Alien vs. Predator? [Space.com] (Read 11,160 times)

happypred

Aliens vs. Predator is absolutely a viable concept.

Saying it could never be done well is like saying the Predator concept is trash because look at The Predator

Huntsman

This is what I want. But no need for a reboot. Keep the continuity - just make good movies.

BlueMarsalis79

They already rebooted it, Feral's technology's meant to be a precursor to Predator 1987, particularly the wrist computer. Having a more primitive iteration of the explosive. That obviously contradicts AVP 2004, and by extension also AVP Requiem, AVP 2010 and everyone's absolute favourite The Predator, then on the Alien side of things you have the whole Peter Weyland thing contradicting AVP as well.

So it will absolutely be a reboot in some fashion when they get around to AVP.

Kradan

I swear to God, "aVp IsN't CaNoN" is like a second coming of "tHeY kIlLeD hIcKs AnD nEwT"

BlueMarsalis79

It's really not lol

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 12, 2022, 12:46:21 PMI swear to God, "aVp IsN't CaNoN" is like a second coming of "tHeY kIlLeD hIcKs AnD nEwT"

Because it upsets people?

Kradan

I guess it does

judge death

Dunno about PRey contradicting its later movies, he had some technology like cloak that was way better at hiding than jungle hunters was and wrist computer to me seemed not older but just different options, he was supposed to kill himself if we go after what previous movies teached us. :P But anyway to me prey work well with the lore and dont changes anything, his design is explained by the artist and team behind it so it works, lore wise I have no issues with it. Which is damn impressive.

AVP movies I see as spinn offs, maybe only canon to the predator lore, alien nope nope, not same universe or whatever predator fans claims. :P

Nelostic

I hope they will make AvP canon! For A and P!
And will make fusion
Space horror Universe!

BlueMarsalis79

I just want a new good film honestly, my only reason to want AVP 2004 out's I feel Lance Henrikson actually makes his appearances in Aliens and AlienĀ³ have not as much gravitas, by virtue of it making the franchise feel not as grounded and overly orchestrated for him to be the whole founder of the corporation. That and I don't like the PredAlien as it is presented in AVP Requiem.

Mr.Turok

Make it in the future. Long as it keeps in the future of 2100s, then I'm peachy keen. We already seen how using the modern setting not only doesn't work but the fanbase never wanted a present day story. Always been about offworld colonies, unknown worlds, colonial marines, and all that feeling.

Now if people wonder about using concepts from past films like the super predators, engineers, black goo, and all of that, guess it depends on the context of how it's used in the films. Super Predators isn't a bad idea on it's own, a rogue criminal element of Predator society that doesn't follow the rules of their people and wage war with other clans is a fine idea, just not fully explored as it could have. Black goo is also isn't that bad in my eyes, fits with how Engineers are that, engineers of making violent life in violent ways. Engineers from Prometheus.....tall pale bluish humans I still don't like it as much. The ancient astronauts idea just makes the Alien Universe that much smaller and keeps humans as "the chosen ones" aspect  instead of humans finding out how scary and messed up the galaxy is and how we shouldn't mess around with what we don't know.

Just keep it in future space, that's all I ask for and I'm good, please!

Huntsman

The setting has to be exciting. The pyramid was something exotic - I didn't mind that. But we need something totally different now, and not something boring like an American town.

judge death

Hell no to making a new aliens vs predator movie.
Dont want the two franchises to be canon to eachother, prometheus and covenant has already shown they cant and I prefer it so.

As a standalone crossover thing maybe but I dont see an avp movie set in the future could be good for both creatures and humans as they will get lore and the creatures wrong or one creature will be biased to be better than the other.
Looking at you AVPR....

Colonial marines would easily have the upper hand in a such case, but any director will have to dumb them down or make predators somehow better to make a movie work, else it would be a cake walk for the marines: radar that can see cloaked predator ships, troops having infra red sights on weapons and on their helmets so any cloaked predator can be seen for miles out, camera and drones that can detect predators, motion tracker. Pulse rifle with explosive tip and armour pericing, gonna kill a predator with a burst when we know small arms fire can kill a predator.(looking at you super predator and feral and jungle hunter.) Smart guns that can also track predators. nukes and missiles, atack ships, tanks, helicopters etc.

While predators use the same technology they always used as I havent seen their tech develop at all for thousands of years if we follow movies and comics. Unless they now show up with power suit armour and teleporting abilities and jamming devices and suborbite fighter planes of their own and nuclear weapons to be able to engage long range ship to ship fights?

So yeah full on military war in the future I dont see how the marines can lose unless the movie maker comes up with excuses like: marines cant somehow see cloaked ships or predators and they can absorb pulse rifle shots like if they were bb guns.....

Mr.Turok

Quote from: judge death on Aug 20, 2022, 04:06:05 AMColonial marines would easily have the upper hand in a such case, but any director will have to dumb them down or make predators somehow better to make a movie work, else it would be a cake walk for the marines: radar that can see cloaked predator ships, troops having infra red sights on weapons and on their helmets so any cloaked predator can be seen for miles out, camera and drones that can detect predators, motion tracker. Pulse rifle with explosive tip and armour pericing, gonna kill a predator with a burst when we know small arms fire can kill a predator.(looking at you super predator and feral and jungle hunter.) Smart guns that can also track predators. nukes and missiles, atack ships, tanks, helicopters etc.

While predators use the same technology they always used as I havent seen their tech develop at all for thousands of years if we follow movies and comics. Unless they now show up with power suit armour and teleporting abilities and jamming devices and suborbite fighter planes of their own and nuclear weapons to be able to engage long range ship to ship fights?

So yeah full on military war in the future I dont see how the marines can lose unless the movie maker comes up with excuses like: marines cant somehow see cloaked ships or predators and they can absorb pulse rifle shots like if they were bb guns.....

If Prey shown anything, is that their tech has been improving between 1719 to 1987. Not to mention that one can easily just write new tech and weapons for the Predator to use? Not to mention many games in the past had Marine tech that even some things up against Predators but Preds still have the upperhand. Nah, its easy to create new ideas for the film. Hell, even the concept of the shield from Prey, can be upgraded to resisting marine pulse rifle fire via a new alloy that tanks their armor piercing bullets like nothing. Cloaking that not only resists ankle deep water like in Prey but also conceal the heat of the Predator from other infrared visions of other beings. EMP bombs that can mess with aim tracking weaponry, and much more. The film can always expand more, I see nothing in how it cannot be possible. 

judge death

We dont see them develop that, feral didnt have anything better than the original predator from avp movies had, plasma caster, cloaking that is better than feral had back in the mayan age, and greyback was back to same time period and had his tech, if we check the comics they have been back to pirate age, predating feral and had their advanced tech they use to this day. Its contradicting development, as they seem to be stand still in their tech for thousands of years.
their ships are same design as they came to earth thousands of years ago to what they use in the latest predator movie.
All other claims is what if and nothing we saw in the movie or previous predator movies shown to be possible, havent seen predators using emps or having armour that is so strong.
Going after what we have seen, not what ifs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed