Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 23, 2021, 08:40:59 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 15,752 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

At least in video game though I can just button mash through a good chunk of the prequel lore.

But when I'm clicking too fast it makes it look like I'm also putting short controlled bursts into people at the end of our brief conversations too... which isn't actually too much of a stretch for me so I approve.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Gaska has tied the prequel lore in so nicely that I'm surprised how many people still hate it or refuse to acknowledge it.

I feel like it's very nicely melded together in this game too. I do wish there was a stronger narrative to go with it though.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Oh I just don't like the prequels to begin with, nothing Gaska can do about that.

I'm just on this ride to point and shoot.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Cringe.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah and unlike F&S, it's quality prequel lore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is indeed.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I still prefer the old biomechanical space elephants than the big albino men, but yeah the RPG and this game following it makes the Prequel lore more bearable

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I like having both.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Same

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 04, 2021, 01:34:37 PM
Oh I just don't like the prequels to begin with, nothing Gaska can do about that.

Yeah, I personally enjoy Prometheus, but I'd jump at a chance to retcon it all. And to me, at the very most, Engineers should have been looming mysterious eerie statues surrounded by strange architecture and never realized through a living manifestation. #MaintainTheMystery.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I think the engineers add a background element to it all. If you only understand one thing from the engineer's race is that they are a cult like society whose only purpose (in the films) play a role in  sacrificial ceremonies. There is even a statue depicting this in AFTE. Without speculating much, you know this ceremony is the act of destruction. I'm not sure how long ridley can keep their story this simple but I think it adds a mysterious touch to it. We can go further in saying that they represent the Cenobite from Hellraiser (or perhaps the art of HR GIGER) but shouldn't go further into details but of course we could. Without the engineers, we lack the (evil/satanist/morbidity) element  and the films can't all be just be cherry pickings from Giger's works. There is alot in that world that shouldn't be ignored and i think part of the magic in this film is the possiblity that his entire works are involved.

If you take a look at other films like Poltergeist, where GIger's monster is featured, the elements are forgotten way too easily because nothing about that film points back to more of his work. This is also evident with his work on Dune.
But with Alien, people basically got into his work because he basically designed every evil element in the 1979 film.
and the more Alien films we get without his involvement keeps interests further away.

I can't stress how much Giger's influence on the franchise was part of iit's long term success.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 06, 2021, 12:43:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 04, 2021, 01:34:37 PM

Yeah, I personally enjoy Prometheus, but I'd jump at a chance to retcon it all. And to me, at the very most, Engineers should have been looming mysterious eerie statues surrounded by strange architecture and never realized through a living manifestation. #MaintainTheMystery.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I don't get  lot of time to play and I'm not very good. So I'm still trying to beat the second campaign on standard with just bots.

This game is not easy for me  :laugh:

I need to just start playing with random and hope for the best.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2021, 05:40:19 AM
My written review is now up!

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-fireteam/review/

Great review Hicks. 'Twas a fun read. And you decided to use that .5 in your score!  Nice!

QuoteYou need to be communicating to really get the most out of this game, especially when you crank up the difficulty and it really does become more than that arcade shooter you first thought it was

Was that for me?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nah lol bulk of this was written before the podcast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed