More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 68,066 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I actually quite like District 9 and Chappie. Elysium has ideas and designs that I like (plus Kruger!) but it is mostly a mess.

I just don't like his particular ideas for "Alien 5" that we've seen; as far as franchises go, his canceled Robocop sequel seemed like a much better fit for him than this would have been.

Drukathi

Why are these works were released years later after the official cancellation of the film?

It seems that we still do not know much about the project. This film deserve to get its own "Unmaking of Alien V" book.

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. It all just leaves me in a state of indifference.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

Aghh man - I still would love to have seen how this played out! These images look insanely good! I had high hopes for this....and still do!

Nightmare Asylum

I'm honestly very glad that we got Alien: Covenant instead of this, and each round of art we see for this reinforces that. I like Blomkamp but Gothic horror Alien filtered through David's arc just appeals to me a whole lot more than Kenner Aliens designs essentially emulating the core concepts from Alien: Resurrection.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah Blomkamp said that he hates writing, which kinda shows. That's what I would've been more afraid of for Alien 5 more than the visual aspect, to be fully honest.

acrediblesource

Alien: Resurrection but cleaner is what the art appears to me. but again, its still popcorn.

Evanus

Well, that queen suit is quite uh.. interesting. Probably for the best this got cancelled lol.

kwisatz

Looks like the Aliens showdown all over again meh. Bigger scale different suit.

Part of me still would very much like to see this tho, modern effects and all.  ::)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I know it's not a popular thought, but thanks to Scott we got Covenant instead.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 01, 2021, 03:23:43 PM
Yeah Blomkamp said that he hates writing, which kinda shows. That's what I would've been more afraid of for Alien 5 more than the visual aspect, to be fully honest.

I actually seem recall Blomkamp saying the opposite – that he loves writing/design pre-production work and he loves editing/post-production, but is less fond of directing/production because that's the part where he feels the least creative and more adhered to schedule/structure. Can't find the article/interview where he says this, though...

Immortan Jonesy

The Alien suit is the only think that really makes me cringe, and it's part of the design process, which doesn't necessarily mean that it would have ended up in the movie. But yeah, it's an awful concept.  :laugh:

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 01, 2021, 03:42:33 PM
Looks like the Aliens showdown all over again meh. Bigger scale different suit.

Do you remember Cameron's Power Loader? is back! in xeno form.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

That's taking Kenner's fanaticism to the next level.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed