Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 47,648 times)

TheGreenSolution

Didn't Rob Cobb write on his semiotic icons poster that is was 2078?

Kradan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 07, 2022, 03:57:15 AM
When I was a kid I used to think the 57 years was only in the dream.

Good point actually. IIRC whole "57 years" gets mentioned only in Ripley's nightmare sequence which is also kinda weird. When did she learned that information then. I guessshe had similair meeting with Burke beforehand and it got replayed in her mind

Local Trouble

It was confirmed later in the director's cut when he showed her a pic of her daughter and told her that she died two years earlier at age 66.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: TheGreenSolution on Feb 07, 2022, 07:05:06 PM
Didn't Rob Cobb write on his semiotic icons poster that is was 2078?

Spoiler
[close]

Doesn't mean it was invented the same year Nostromo mission took place though. Now I'm curious  - where does year 2122 comes from ?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 07, 2022, 07:15:52 PM
It was confirmed later in the director's cut when he showed her a pic of her daughter and told her that she died two years earlier at age 66.

Aaah, that's right

TheGreenSolution

My friends says you see the year on one of the little screens in the background. 2122 seems like it is too far in the future. Would they even still use ore then?

Kradan

We don't know when Nostromo was built. Maybe it was in use for 50+ years

TheGreenSolution

It crashed landing. It must have been old and hard to control.

Local Trouble

This is why we need SM.

Kradan

Quote from: TheGreenSolution on Feb 07, 2022, 08:22:53 PM
It crashed landing. It must have been old and hard to control.

It kinda tripped over a rock actually

https://youtu.be/Hzcje9gDtgw

1:29

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 07, 2022, 08:28:04 PM
This is why we need SM.

He is sorely missed

TheGreenSolution

It is hard to tell if the rock slide made the shortage of the equipment.

Who is SM?

StrangeShape

Quote from: TheGreenSolution on Feb 07, 2022, 11:50:40 PM

Who is SM?

One of the veteran posters

SiL

Landing on the rock is what damaged the landing gear and the rest of the ship. They don't crash.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 07, 2022, 07:17:40 PM
Doesn't mean it was invented the same year Nostromo mission took place though. Now I'm curious  - where does year 2122 comes from ?

The 1999 DVD crew manifest Easter egg. That's where I first discovered the date - and the Nostromo crew's full names.

TheGreenSolution

TheGreenSolution

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 08, 2022, 12:43:43 AM

Who is SM?

One of the veteran posters
Thank you.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 08, 2022, 12:51:03 AM
Landing on the rock is what damaged the landing gear and the rest of the ship. They don't crash.
Yes, that is what I mean. They slip on the rock and the whole ship shakes as it crashes. It shakes several times and it is good they have on seat belts or they might have been hurt.

Kradan

There's been a lot of complaints about how obvious and telegraphed the final twist of Covenant  was. When I think about the very first original Alien kinda had a similair twist with Ash. Similair in a way that how much it's obvious  that something is up with the Nostromo's science office. There's a lot of signs - Ash preventing Ripley from going after the trio that went investigating Derelict, later letting them in against her orders, showing exceptional interest in creature's biology, protesting against terminating facehugger's corpse, whole scene with Ripley, stoping Parker from killing chestburster there and then, general coldness and emotionlessness etc. The difference is that even if you can suspect that Ash is up to no good, tries to protect Alien and will probably turn on his crewmates you still don't expect that he's gonna turn out to be a freaking robot that bleeds milk. In other words, you can pick up on the signs, you can expect a twist, it's pretty well telegraphed but you can't guess what the nature of a twist gonna be

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed