Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 47,464 times)

razeak

I couldn't find the two skeletons in the shot above. Now I'm obssessed. Notes of corpses:

1:07:48 Right of Vasquez. Upside down skull. May also be a hand showing just above her shoulder on our left.

1:10:21 Colonist on the wall to the right of Vasquez. Shoes are pretty obvious.Legs and feet on upper left. Some visibile bits above egg in center of the frame.

1:10:27 Open egg in lower left frame. 4k might reveal something above it. I only have 1080p for now.

1:10:30 Bingo. Colonist above Hudson on left of screen.

1:10:43 first clear shot of colonist. Same one as at the 1:10:21 mark I think.

1:10:48 Clear shot on a helmet cam

1:11:02 Obvious to right of Vasquez

1:11:09 I think this is the one SM was talking about. Wow. I never noticed it either. That poor bloke is skeletonized. He's upside down. Arm looks broken possibly.

1:11:31 Looks like leg with an orange jumpsuit. To left of that could be the back of a skull and spinal column. Hard to tell with all the other bulbous bits.

1:11:45 Dietrich passes that leg. Looks like a shoe to me. The continuity is excellent. wow.

1:11:50 Barely visible above Hudson. Same orange person.

1:11:55 The live colonist.

1:14:05 interesting. no colonists, but Frost looks like he's actually transfixed on the alien and is taking aim with the pistol. like he can't believe what he's seeing and the flame surprises him in that manner. excellent.

1:14:05 Colonist clearly illuminated as Dietrich is dragged up the wall. Right after Frost falls. Super obivous. I never noticed it lol.

1:14:12 same two visible colonist as earlier. Right and left of Wierzbowski.

1:14:23 Never noticed Hicks taking cover during the explosion. What the hell have I been doign all of these years lol.

1:14:43 looks like Wierzbowksi's blood on the column he hit.

2:16:59 Left of Ripley's shoulder.

2:17:05 Same bent leg person in area Marines passed through. Face slightly visible. I would say the grenades blew that corpse apart. Same corpse as 2:16:59. Open eggs were there earlier. Closed eggs there now. Queen tidied the hive. There might be a set of legs visible right above that corpse. I'm not sure.

Gr33n M4n

Awesome. Thanks for the timestamps.

razeak

I'm on special edition on vudu. 3 min difference from SM. Odd. I wonder what I missed in those shots.

Dingbat

In Alien Resurrection, (I watched it again last night)

a) When Ripley is attacked by the Facehugger, she actually rips the tail off.

2) When Elgyn dies, his guns that are all strapped to him teleport to the floor next to him

• When the soldier gets shot in the head by Christie, smoke comes out of his head

SuperiorIronman

In The Predator the disk that gets fired from Fugitive's gauntlet comes out of the computer part of the gauntlet Rory is later playing with. Meaning had Quinn not accidentally fired it Rory might've got split in half had he pressed the wrong button. Like the top just slides right off.

Kradan

I can't imagine too many people would've got upset over that  ;D

Spoiler
*cough*Voodoo*cough*SiL*cough*Huggs*cough*
[close]

The Cruentus

Quote from: Dingbat on Jan 19, 2021, 11:44:27 AM
In Alien Resurrection, (I watched it again last night)

a) When Ripley is attacked by the Facehugger, she actually rips the tail off.

2) When Elgyn dies, his guns that are all strapped to him teleport to the floor next to him

• When the soldier gets shot in the head by Christie, smoke comes out of his head

I think she actually chewed the tail off as well.  :laugh:

Kradan

In Alien: Isolation during LV-426 flashback mission when blue arrow on Marlow's hand-held tracker moves up one can hear sounds reminiscent of distress signal from 2003 DC of Alien

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I was looking at the aliens from the third Riddick film and it made me wonder if the mouth head was based on the skull next to Xenomorph skull in Predator 2?

I think having a crossover of Riddick and the Alien and Predator franchises would be interesting. Riddick's verse is set in a universe that could easily be tied to the Xenos and Yautja.  I mean twice Riddick has faced aliens not too dissimilar to the Xenos.

SiL

Except the whole Necromongers stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

Riddick vs Predator feels more fitting a crossover concept to me than Alien vs Predator does, to be quite honest. :D

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2021, 09:33:32 PM
Riddick vs Predator feels more fitting a crossover concept to me than Alien vs Predator does, to be quite honest. :D

Riddick vs the Predator would be epic. The ultimate prey.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 21, 2021, 09:55:04 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 21, 2021, 09:29:03 PM

Just as Asians look different from Westerners being the same species, I'd say that they are all Engineers.  :laugh:

Bow that you mention it, the Necromonger armor looks similar to Engineer suite in Prometheus. Plus the religion and culture of the Engineers could be called Necromancy, sacrifice and death that brings life.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 21, 2021, 09:57:56 PM

Just as Asians look different from Westerners being the same species, I suggest that Necromongers are all Engineers.

The Engineer armor is very similiar to Necromonger armor. As is their concept of rebirth through death; the Engineers believing sacrifice (death) is necessary to create new life, and the Necromongers with Underverse (Underworld).

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 21, 2021, 09:52:11 PM

Just as Asians look different from Westerners being the same species, I'd say that they are all Engineers.  :laugh:

Bow that you mention it, the Necromonger armor looks similar to Engineer suite in Prometheus. Plus the religion and culture of the Engineers could be called Necromancy, sacrifice and death that brings life.

Just as Asians look different from Westerners being the same species, I suggest that Necromongers are all Engineers.

The Engineer armor is very similiar to Necromonger armor. As is their concept of rebirth through death; the Engineers believing sacrifice (death) is necessary to create new life, and the Necromongers with Underverse (Underworld).

If we merge them we can have some kind of Warhammer 40k-style religous empire.  8)

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 21, 2021, 10:11:26 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 21, 2021, 09:52:11 PM

If we merge them we can have some kind of Warhammer 40k-style religous gothic empire.  8)

It would be an epic merger, and perhaps the Lord Marshal encountered a Xenomorph in Underverse, and was desolating worlds ahead of time to prevent outbreaks. ;)

The Necronoir

Yeah, if it weren't for the second film, I could see Pitch Black and Riddick slotting into the alien universe, sometime around the period that Alien: Resurrection is set, or maybe a bit before. The ships and technology feel compatible with that sort of era, in the same way that Outland is a good fit with the original Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed