Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 47,046 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

HuDaFuK

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

While I knew AVP 2004 had more than just the one plasmacaster I didn't know there was another model that actually got mounted on a suit. It can be seen in the flashback where the Predators lose and you'd be forgiven for missing it since it's so small and Scar's is the only one we get a good look at. It's almost like a bigger JH.

In the same flashback the scimitars actually got some usage as well. The Predator on the left is using it during this sequence and again since it's so brief you'd be forgiven for missing it actually getting used.

-Edit
Just going through that scene again, a ship resembling the 87 ship is seen docked in the mothership during the flashback. So apparently that' not just a thing with AVP 2010. I guess we do have some sense of scale for the 87 ship.

Corporal Hicks

The P1 ship is also seen in present when the Predator ship passes overhead.

Tichinde

the upgrade predator has a gold upper left tusk in some scenes

PredBabe

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 04, 2020, 01:44:51 AM
the upgrade predator has a gold upper left tusk in some scenes

I did like that little detail, fits in with their space pirate tendencies.

SuperiorIronman

Someone showed me a video of BTS in Predator 2 when the FX crew are preparing the skinned bodies for the penthouse. I always thought they just made a bunch of bodies but as it turns out the bodies actually have some damage from how the Predator kills them earlier. The guy that got impaled and lifted up by City Hunter's wristblades still has the wound even on the skinned torso which is crazy to me since you can barely see it in the final film.

Kradan

That's just how they did movies back then

TheSailingRabbit

- There is a lot of ketchup and Cheerios lying around Sevastopol.

- I just noticed Ricardo's badge is silver, while Waits's is gold. Boyfriend suggested it's to denote difference in rank.

Local Trouble

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 06, 2020, 06:13:57 PM
- I just noticed Ricardo's badge is silver, while Waits's is gold. Boyfriend suggested it's to denote difference in rank.

Probably.  Same goes for officer rank pins in the US military.

https://www.defense.gov/Resources/Insignias/

Immortan Jonesy

Hadn't noticed before some similarities between the  Covenant exterior and some Ron Cobb's designs of the Nostromo.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 26, 2020, 04:49:09 PM
https://i.ibb.co/YWskVm0/388px-Ron-Cobb-Nostromo-ship-ramp-Book-of-Alien.jpg

Hadn't noticed before some similarities between the  Covenant exterior and some Ron Cobb's designs of the Nostromo.
And that little schematic in the bottom-right corner of the first picture looks remarkably similar to the WY logo design in Aliens...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed