Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 129,912 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2017, 03:20:46 PMSo revisiting this, I have to ask. Who thinks the trailer is better than the movie?

The only thing I preferred in the trailer was that awesome shot of the Alien leaping down the corridor on the Covenant. Can't believe they cut that.

Gash

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2017, 03:37:11 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2017, 03:20:46 PMSo revisiting this, I have to ask. Who thinks the trailer is better than the movie?

The only thing I preferred in the trailer was that awesome shot of the Alien leaping down the corridor on the Covenant. Can't believe they cut that.

Didn't like the red light or the hopping about too much. More shots in film like the entry into the terraforming bay would have been good in the film itself.

DoomRulz

They sort of included that when it was running around onboard the Covenant before being locked inside the terraforming bay.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Gash on May 22, 2017, 03:40:07 PM

Didn't like the red light or the hopping about too much. More shots in film like the entry into the terraforming bay would have been good in the film itself.

Thats my favourite shot of an Alien in any film. Loved how it stood. It even made my eye brows raise.

Vermillion

Yeah. The standing Alien. Just brief enough.
That's the mystery shot.  Awesome.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2017, 03:55:16 PMThey sort of included that when it was running around onboard the Covenant before being locked inside the terraforming bay.

Nothing like the trailer shot though.

Funny thing is, some of the people from Fox I spoke to after the press showing I went to on the 2nd were surprised when I told them it wasn't in, because it had been when they'd seen the film. Evidently it was cut quite late in the day.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 22, 2017, 03:58:21 PMThats my favourite shot of an Alien in any film. Loved how it stood. It even made my eye brows raise.

That shot was about the only thing from that entire sequence that didn't disappoint.

hfeldhaus

It knocked me out of the whole sequence really, it was that good. The rest was generic but had some decent shots of the xeno.

KiramidHead

Well, David's terrible dialogue isn't present, so the trailer is better IMO.

CainsSon

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 22, 2017, 03:58:21 PM

Thats my favourite shot of an Alien in any film. Loved how it stood. It even made my eye brows raise.

Wow. I surprised, I really disagree here. I think they shouldn't show the Alien so much. I LOVED the part of the Alien being trapped inside the Truck, when it's thrashing about. I hate that they showed the Alien walking through that door slowly because it seemed off guard. I also didn't like the Alien POV vision. They should have kept it clean and wide-angled, like in A3.

Jonesy1974

Mine too. That shot encapsulates my childhood nightmares of Alien

hfeldhaus

Quote from: CainsSon on May 22, 2017, 06:00:38 PM

Wow. I surprised, I really disagree here. I think they shouldn't show the Alien so much. I LOVED the part of the Alien being trapped inside the Truck, when it's thrashing about. I hate that they showed the Alien walking through that door slowly because it seemed off guard. I also didn't like the Alien POV vision. They should have kept it clean and wide-angled, like in A3.

The shot of it walking through the terraforming bay door? It's amazing! The most Alien thing I've seen since the first film. It's the kind of creepy that I've wanted, it's a shame it's taken this long to get it and that it's a disappointing finale.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 22, 2017, 07:41:59 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on May 22, 2017, 06:00:38 PM

The shot of it walking through the terraforming bay door? It's amazing! The most Alien thing I've seen since the first film. It's the kind of creepy that I've wanted, it's a shame it's taken this long to get it and that it's a disappointing finale.

I agree. That shot encapsulated all my childhood nightmares of the Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 22, 2017, 07:41:59 PM

I absolutely loved that shot of it walking into the terraforming bay. Just the way it was stood upright, it looked so incredibly creepy. Such a shame it's so short a shot.

BonesawT101

Yea that shot is amazing. Very eerie.

That Yellow Alien

All of the shots of the Alien are too short. If you are going to show off the Alien, do it with shots longer than a second please, thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed