Black Metal

Started by ManiacButcher, Mar 03, 2010, 11:00:59 PM

Author
Black Metal (Read 23,101 times)

SM

SM

She's just doing her bit in feeding impossible expectations to unsuspecting children.

Puks

Puks

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

lmao nice

VEF214

Puks

Puks

Sounds much more like death metal, but good song nonetheless.

VEF214

VEF214

Puks

Puks

Nope, Venom's not typical black either, more like heavy/speed with satanic imagery.
Well, at least they invented the name.

Speaking of BM's origins, Sweden's Bathory takes most of the credit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aNQa27WGzY

P.S. What has Warbringer got to do with this thread's title?

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGraq5eT60

Oh and don't forget the newer generation of BM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvciuteeqPI

Puks

Puks

Yeah, that's a good one, but I mostly prefer their older stuff.

Can't blame them for wanting to become rock stars, though.  :)

VEF214

VEF214

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Puks on Jun 03, 2010, 06:31:30 PM
Yeah, that's a good one, but I mostly prefer their older stuff.

Can't blame them for wanting to become rock stars, though.  :)

Yeah they have become the ones who call the shots in this genre... them and Dark Funeral. (I'm not counting Dimmu or CoF in because they're not BM anymore)

I don't mind it though... I have to agree with you that their old stuff is in some aspects better, but "The Age of Nero" was still quite alright apart from the shitty recording. I would even go as far and say that they have grown in some ways maybe...

Quote"organic" metal

Well the bands that you just listed are very good. Devildriver is one of my favourites. Killswitch where good up til As Daylight Dies (although that was already very weak for their standards). Their last album just sucked. Same with All That Remains... they are a shadow of their former self. Lamb of God are quite ok, though a but to repetitive. Machine Head are great but it's almost been an eternity since their last album...

However the bands you listed are not Black Metal and personally I have never heard one good american Black Metal Band...

America for me is the land of Thrash Metal and Metalcore. Although Metalcore is an aborration from Melodic Death Metal which again comes from Europe (Dark Tranquillity, (Old) In Flames, At The Gates)

Puks

Puks

OMG, six videos of total off-topic!!!  :o  I will sue you for destroying ze thred!!!1!

Tangakkai: It's interesting how in some bands, I enjoy older shit (Satyricon, CoF), while in others I like new material (Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth).

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: Puks on Jun 03, 2010, 06:38:42 PM
OMG, six videos of total off-topic!!!  :o  I will sue you for destroying ze thred!!!1!

I went on a rampage.  :P You said Sweden and for some reason it set me off. lol

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Puks on Jun 03, 2010, 06:38:42 PM

Tangakkai: It's interesting how in some bands, I enjoy older shit (Satyricon, CoF), while in others I like new material (Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth).

Oh yeah I only started listening to Behemoth since Demigod. I love them, one of my favourite Bands.

I also like Dimmu Borgir since the time of Stormblast...

Satyricon came into my collection with mother north and I've been hooked to them from that point on.

With CoF... I don't know. Somehow I love all their stuff. You just have to look at CoF from Nymphetamine on as a totally different band with a new musical style and then it's actually quite good I find  ;)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

QuoteI went on a rampage.   You said Sweden and for some reason it set me off. lol

Why so? They started it! Without Bands like Dark Tranquillity or At The Gates and In Flames there would have never been a "Killswitch Engage" or "As I Lay Dying"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed