The most recent concert you have been to.

Started by Ghost Rider, Mar 27, 2008, 01:24:50 AM

Author
The most recent concert you have been to. (Read 77,646 times)

First Blood

The Tragically Hip on July 30th.

Keg

Just got back from Leeds Festival on Monday and I caught these live acts / DJ's.

Best Coast, Dave The Elephant, Friendly Fires, DFA 1979, Elbow, Muse, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zero's, Naked & Famous, Foster The People, Metronomy, The Offspring, Simian, Digitalism, Joy Formidable, Pigeon Detectives, Seasick Steve, Two Door Cinema Club, Jimmy Eat World, Madness, The Strokes and finally Pulp.

I also saw SBTRKT play live in a small tent after Pulp (the final headline act of the weekend) and Two Door Cinema Club then came on and did a DJ set. Two Door had played live earlier that day and SBTRKT had done a DJ set in the dance tent the day before and had come back for the sunday to do a little live show to keep the party going  ;D

Brilliant weekend.

I enjoyed all of the performances above but my standouts were Best Coast, DFA, Muse, Naked & Famous, Metronomy, Simian, Madness and Pulp. While I enjoyed seeing them live for the first time I thought Strokes were piss poor as a live act. Dont know if it was because they headlined Reading and then Pulp headlined Leeds so they werent arsed but it was completely forgetable for me. Pulp on the other hand were superb.

Keg

Just saw Chased By Wolves, The Lake Poets, Mystery Jets, King Blues, Frankie & The Heartstrings and The Charlatans at the weekend at a little mini festival at a local cricket club.

Tonight im off to The Cluny in Newcastle to see Emmy The Great and Im so damn excited.

x2SMONEY

About a year ago I saw Bruce Springsteen for like the sixth time. Best performer I've ever seen. Ruins every other concert I go to because he's that mind blowing of a performer

SK100

Just saw Judas Priest last night.
Just need the Sabbath reunion to actually and I can die happy.

Elliott

Cradle of Filth's concert at Detroit, MI last February.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SK100 on Oct 22, 2011, 04:44:03 PM
Just need the Sabbath reunion to actually and I can die happy.

There's about as much chance of that happening as Guns N' Roses doing the same.

Space_Dementia

Most recent for me has been the Feeling down at the Bristol O2, was a really good night. I have the Smashing Pumpkins lined up next on the Sat 19th, with Explosions in the Sky the night after at the Bristol O2.

Darwinsgirl

Gordon Lightfoot... ;D

He has changed a line in the Edmund Fitzgerald since the discovery of the cause of the wreck.

SpaceMarines

Oh, that would've been great.

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 08, 2011, 11:09:56 PM
The Tragically Hip on July 30th.

Not sure how I missed this, but YOU BASTARD!

Oh, well, they tour often in Canada.

Jango1201

last concert for me was The Big Four concert at Yankee Stadium. That was my first concert and holy crap I was blown away, almost literally (I was sitting in front of a speaker!!!) I was turned on the Anthrax and grew a greater appreciation for Megadeth. Metallica was the main reason I was there and they did not disapoint.

Keg

I was supposed to go see Friendly Fires and SBTRKT last night but the gig was rescheduled for the 18th of December. And today ive just bought tickets to see Justice in Febuary up in Glasgow. Cant wait for that, havn't seen them live for over 3 years.

Salt The Fries

Evangelista (Carla Bozulich and her backing band) the other day, I met her and one of the band members, John Eichenseer with whom I hang out for like 40 minutes and he was so kind that he gave me his 2 CDs for free, I took some photos with him. Overall, an awesome experience :)

Dragonflies-and-Dalmatians

Shamefully enough, the last gig I went to was about eighteen months ago. I saw Aerosmith in London and they were fantastic. Before that .... I can't remember. I want to say System of a Down, but that was YEARS ago :-S

Keg

Think Friendly Fires is rescheduled for this week so i'll be going to that. Hopefully SBTRKT will still be supporting. But the big ones still to come. The Boss next summer. And at my team's stadium to boot! Cant ruddy wait!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed