Recent posts

Prey / Re: TEASER TRAILER is here / R...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 11:54:20 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Today at 11:32:11 AMI absolutely don't get that feeling from anything in this tester trailer. I'd love to know where you did. (And I'm not being patronising; I really would love to know what you're seeing that I'm not.)

It's the cinematography, which lacks depth in my opinion.  It looks kinda flat.  That and the muted colours and possibly the fact that it looks to be shot on digital.  It lacks the texture which I commonly associate with the theatrical Predator movies.  It very much looks like a straight-to-streaming film (which it is) to my eyes, at least going by this brief snippet of footage.  Ultimately, it doesn't really matter why I got the impression of a straight-to-streaming film, just that I did.
Last post by azamultic - Today at 11:51:12 AM
Hey everybody! I am a little bit late, but does anybody have information about when the Full Trailer will be released?
Prey / Re: The Other PREY (the 2006 v...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 11:47:46 AM
There's also Prey (2017) and the unreleased Prey game from the 90s.
Prey / Re: Prey (Skulls) Catch All Th...
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 11:46:51 AM
It's first brought up in the novelization of the original, no?

Never seen a fan film that goes historical with it except the crusader one though, surely that's not what they mean?
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 11:37:41 AM
The last couple pages of this thread have taken a year off my life, I'm sure of it.
Last post by HuDaFuK - Today at 11:32:11 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Yesterday at 09:48:09 PMI don't think anyone is making sweeping claims about the movie as a whole, nor have they claimed to be.
I have absolutely seen people doing that.

And given that you don't really seem to have explained why you think this film looks cheap and unprofessional - I've definitely seen films, on TV or otherwise, where I get the impression the cameraman doesn't know how to set up an aesthetically pleasing shot to save his life.

I absolutely don't get that feeling from anything in this tester trailer. I'd love to know where you did. (And I'm not being patronising; I really would love to know what you're seeing that I'm not.)
Prey / Re: Prey (Skulls) Catch All Th...
Last post by skhellter - Today at 10:56:07 AM
I've noticed that the "Prey 2022 is ripping off this old fan film" meme is being shared around a lot recently.
(And when the film comes out, it'll get shared even more). 

It'll be useful to make an article to point out that "Predators hunting native Americans" is an old idea in the franchise and that the fan film didn't come up with it from thin air.
Prey / Re: The Other PREY (the 2006 v...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 10:37:51 AM
Haha, I thought of that game too ! I remember peeking from behind my dad's back as he was playing it. Good days, good times

Civvie is great in general. His taste in humour is right up my alley

Prey / The Other PREY (the 2006 video...
Last post by skhellter - Today at 10:21:45 AM
the 2006 video game Prey is a scifi action horror story with native-american protagonists.

So there's some overlap outside of the shared titles which makes this worth knowing about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prey_(2006_video_game)

It's a pretty well regarded game and
Civvie's review is a good watch:

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed