NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,209 times)

Bender1988

Bender1988

Uuugly figure- another reuse of P1 mold=lame
unmasked head looks cool.
Mask looks really shitty to me. with mask head seems too big, why the hell he has mandibles visible in mask-why there is a hole in the mouthplate/piece-they use the masks for better breathing in various enviroments-why oh why-am asking because it looks lame.
Am really dissapointed in neca this time-anothe pass.

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

My only gripe with this figure is the weapon. They got REALLY f**king lazy this time. Instead of making a new glaive weapon they just swapped out one of the the poles from the City Hunter's combistick, stuck on a goofy blade, then recoloured it.

Bender1988

Bender1988

From what little was shown of Ahab-he looks diffrent, but i may be wrong-but still-reusing the most reused  mold is a lame move-no wonder they will produce this garbage in small number-they know that most collectors will pass this Ahab predator,and only hardcore collectors will buy him. Lame mold,and the spear is the laziest way possible. i really wanted to buy him-but neca screwed him soo bad.
if this is the way they gonna present other comic characters then they wont make a lot of $ profit.
Unmasked head looks kinda good,but still-it should look like the one on the cover...lame move Neca-Lame move.
A shame.
Am angry because I cant afford every single one of the neca predators-my collection is trully pathetic compared to other users-i have 5 preds from neca, And I really wanted to get Ahab-he looks cool-but Neca screwed him big time.
I know i know-it is because of the cost of new sculp would be big-but still-anytime body with modified anytime head+one shitty looking mask+lazy spear=bad figure in my opinion.

Ahab is meant to be an epic badass mofo like broken tusk back in the good days,so it would be nice to have him in a figure format-but what Neca offers for such price-unacceptable.

Wolf91

Wolf91

Alright that's it ! This is what I twitted to Neca

YY ‏@YYtellmewhyy 
@NECA_TOYS question,will AVP be making a debut at SDCC? I'd prefer them without removable mask. Now I understand your take on removable mask

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 
@YYtellmewhyy doubt we will have them ready in time

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS
@YYtellmewhyy haven't had the time. We're busier than ever & have not been able to get back to Preds

Had to ask him personally, really sad to hear this from him :/

YY ‏@YYtellmewhyy  5m
@NECA_TOYS being busy is good, expecting to see solid works. Really love the 1/4 bat ! Do you have rights to do the characters from Evolve?

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS  2m
@YYtellmewhyy Apes, Pac Rim, Alien, Mego style, Q scales, & loads more have us slamming but all good & fun. We'll get to AvP eventually

Folks, you heard it from me first !

@NECA_TOYS is that a promise? :) Hmmm more Q scale, what about her highness ? her royal subjects are waiting for her arrival ~

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS  13s
@YYtellmewhyy she's coming to SDCC & she's a beauty

Master

Master

I`m abit pissed Ahab is another exclusive. I want him, but not for such insane prize as Ablino.

Bender1988

Bender1988

By the way-Ahab is missing his two daggers he has on his waist/belt. Again-unbelievable they releasing such shitty toy,and yet they dont work on Avp ones...whf Neca?!

Master

Master

I tend to improve my figures to be more accurate anyway.

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Not everyone is that gifted though.

Master

Master

I'm not very gifted myself  :laugh: But I'm trying my best.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I think I'll pass on Ahab. Primarily because of the fact that he is simply another Diablo Predator remold. Lately, their Kenner series has been primarily consisting of remolds and repaints. That's just something I would like to avoid in my own collection. That and it's almost not even really worth the effort in getting an SDCC exclusive figure.. 30 bucks for a remold? No thank you.

happypred

happypred

Spear looks cool as f*ck. The mask leaves something to be desired

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It's not the best figure we've seen come from NECA, but I'll try and pick it up online if I can. $30 isn't too bad, especially since most of the previous exclusives are going for around $60 online these days.

Hopefully NECA does a line based on the new comics. I would love to have an adult Deacon, and I'm sure they could cobble one together pretty cheaply by some minor remolding of their previous xenos and Deacon figures.

I'm still holding out for the elderly Predator from Homeworld, but I doubt we'll ever see that.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 31, 2014, 05:09:48 PM
I'm still holding out for the elderly Predator from Homeworld, but I doubt we'll ever see that.

I'm waiting for the AvP Predators, but they seem to keep on pushing those guys back. Shit, after my McFarlane Scar and Celtic broke, I am would love a NECA version of those guys but damn it, they seem to be keep being put on delay.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 31, 2014, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on May 31, 2014, 05:09:48 PM

I'm waiting for the AvP Predators, but they seem to keep on pushing those guys back. Shit, after my McFarlane Scar and Celtic broke, I am would love a NECA version of those guys but damn it, they seem to be keep being put on delay.

I do fondly remember my McFarlane "Elder Predator" figure. I really need to go through my storage unit and find my old McFarlane and Kenner toys, assuming I didn't stupidly throw them away ages ago.

Wolf91

Wolf91

Perhaps they are leaving the best for the last.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed