The Predator Will Be R-Rated!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 13, 2016, 07:21:54 AM

Author
The Predator Will Be R-Rated! (Read 29,845 times)

Original Predator

The Real thanks should go to Mad Max Re-boot.

That's what allowed DeadPool to get the "R"....

Thanks to DeadPool for not f-cking that up...so on and so forth.

FINALLY another REAL PRED MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

overthere

overthere

But Predators were R rated without anyone pushing anything. Deadpool is getting too much credit, like it invented R rating.

Quote from: Mike on May 16, 2016, 05:48:11 PM
I love Predators. I thought it was a nonstop suspenseful horror movie. The makers wanted to make it a horror movie and it's awesome. Always loved Predators, always will. I'm game for any Predator movie for life.

Why don't you register an account here? You post often enough I recognize the name, but it's always "guest"

Mike

Mike

I know I should create a account here. I'm thinking of a cool name now. I'll try to create one tonight or tomorrow.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Mike on May 16, 2016, 07:19:31 PM
I know I should create a account here. I'm thinking of a cool name now. I'll try to create one tonight or tomorrow.

What's wrong with Mike?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on May 16, 2016, 07:00:24 PM
But Predators were R rated without anyone pushing anything. Deadpool is getting too much credit, like it invented R rating.

It's not that though. I think it's that Deadpool proved you can make good R rated films that earn money in the current climate.

Quote from: Mike on May 16, 2016, 07:19:31 PM

Glad to hear it, Mike! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.  :)

Mike

Mike

Nothing but I want something thats Badass lol I see a lot of guys on here that have cool names like The Eighth Passenger ( Referring to Alien 1 ) also Cityhunter Predator from Predator 2.

I 1st found this site in 2007 when Avpr was in development and always came back to it because I loved it. From here I found out about Predatorstuff.com and from there I found out about Sideshow Collectibles in California. I have started collecting in 2008 and since then I have accuired a lot of desired pieces. I have The Berserker Predator 1:1 bust and The Predalien 1:1 bust from Sideshow Collectibles to name some. Love them so much. But that's my little history with Avpgalaxy.net.

When I first came on this site I seen a pic, a still, posted on this site of Avpr of Wolf Predator holding a Alien in the sewer and I was like " Wow! there making another movie!?" I have followed the site ever since.

Corporal Hicks

The very first one?

It'll be nice to see you as fully fledged member. You get a badge and everything.

Mike

Mike

Yes thats' the one!!!

overthere

overthere

Hey Mike, I got a perfect name you can use. Mike Hunt. It fits with the whole Predator theme. :D

Mike

Mike

Hahaa lol

Theres news on Commingsoon.net about Shane Black mentions the events of Predator 2 and if Arnold was to be in the movie it would be old arnold.

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 14, 2016, 01:47:17 PM
I guess he asked to get carte blanche, and a big budget and they accepted.

So... Contract Negotiations.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 14, 2016, 01:47:17 PM
I think Black knows the R rating is not enough , but he's a great writer so you won't get another avp OR predatorS.

Famous last words.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 17, 2016, 04:23:04 AMFamous last words.

I have far more faith in Black than either Scott or Blomkamp at this point. I'd be genuinely surprised if he screws it up, given his track record.

Corporal Hicks

I have to say that with each new interview with Black I feel more and more confident in him and The Predator. His latest, The Nice Guys, is getting some good reviews too.

Corporal Hicks

Some comments from Black recently in relation to the rating: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/shane-black-on-screenwriting-r-rated-studio-films-and-his-upcoming-the-predator-172522707.html

QuoteHow hard is it to get an R-rated film like The Nice Guys — or your upcoming The Predator — released by the studios, especially in the summer, given their apparent preference for PG-13 event pictures.

It's tough. And the thing is, it's not that it's impossible to do. It's just that studios are loath to spend the same amount of money either financing or promoting an R-rated movie if you can make it PG-13. They're always asking the question, "Can we do this as a PG-13 movie?" And I usually say, well, not really. So with The Nice Guys, we actually had to go outside the studio. Which is to say that, we got foreign money and went off to make the movie, understanding that some of the budget would come from Warner Bros. distributing the picture.

Have you had a similar experience with The Predator? Is Fox fully behind your R-rated vision of it?

Yeah, they are fully behind it, to their credit. I'm having a good experience in terms of the openness of it. I made it a condition of the filming that it would be an R-rated picture, I said, "Frankly, there's a rule of thumb which says you spend less money on an R-rated version of Predator, because fewer people see it. But I think this is counter-intuitive, because in my opinion, I don't think anyone wants a PG-rated version of this movie." I kind of see it as a betrayal of the concept — the original is rated R — and I think they would see it as kind of a letdown, or a cheat. They'd view me as trying to capitalize and make a family-friendly version. And I think that's not what I want, and it's not what the fans want.

Oddly, Fox kind of nodded their heads and went, "Yup. Let's make it R." They had the success of Deadpool behind them at that time — it had just opened. But that said, I still think they've been remarkably cooperative. So I'm pleased with it.

Nothing new but reaffirming, none the less.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

He speaks my language.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed